John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Yelnats_

Yelnats_ Well-Known Member

My switch overshirt came today and I'm pretty impressed with it. I'll have to grab some fit pics later this week, it's been a minute. Work life...

2. djkillahcam

djkillahcam Senior member

My diamond jacquard arrives thursday... hoping it's more impressive than the bone and grey...

Also snagged the medium restock of the Multi Border Tee. Always interested in checking it out, but who knows if I'll keep it.

PS. Copped those 29 skittles for $130 on Grailed... they're beautiful. Thanks to @dmill for the lookout, what a steal.

3. TheOpOg

TheOpOg Well-Known Member

Damn, lucky as hell you got the skittles. Good job. Wish they were my size. I really want to try the multi border shirt, worried about the fit a bit. Went to Barney’s but they didn’t have it. Would love to see some fit pics of it.

Might throw up some pics of my overshirt if I have time after work tomorrow.

4. sussi

sussi Senior member

I have to agree with that. Silver riri zippers are still the best looking. I wish last year grey mercer half zip had silver zipper. Black zipper is the reason I pull it out of closet many times and just put it back in because I change my mind most of the time when I see that black zip.

5. Enexde96

Enexde96 Senior member

I have the black loopwheel dual zip and the hardware hasn't chipped at all. Silver would be decent if it wasn't so shiny

6. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Senior member

Mind you I barely wear this, but here is a pic of the zipper on my midnight villain. You can see the copper color coming through where the black rubbed off (Maybe chipped was the wrong word). I'm sure It'd be worse if I actually wore it more
    IMG_6693.JPG

7. drisk34

drisk34 Well-Known Member

fit of the border tee was not very good for me. a bit too oversized, I really wanted that tee too.

8. ZanderRosen

ZanderRosen Senior member

For those looking for the Border Tee, Saks had it in Boston. I liked the feel of the material, didn't try it on. I'm contemplating the Dillon Indigo but honestly I want the Black so bad. Also wouldn't mind re-upping on another pair of Nimbus if/when they restock. Need more dark denim.

9. vaeMD

vaeMD Senior member

picked up the blue and the black blouson -- dig the minimalist design and crop. hopefully turns out better for me than the recent thumper.

10. Xxcapo

Xxcapo Member

Since john Elliott doesn't have any black denim right now, how is the YSL fit compared to the cast 2?

11. afionas05

afionas05 Well-Known Member

both blouson are pretty much sold out. I think JE learned a little from last season and are making limited numbers of each item.

12. dmill

dmill Senior member

Got the blouson to try in large. Hopefully it fits tts since I'm a large in most tees. Maybe should have tried XL at the same time but it sold out

13. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Senior member

The D02s are very similar to the cast 2. The D02 has a smaller top block (lower rise) and smaller pockets than the cast 2. From the knee down it is slightly larger as well (any where from 1/4-1/2 inch). I wear the same size as JE for the majority of my D02, but the sizing can be very inconsistent based on fabrication, season and where it was made. Generally, Washed denim & the 100% cotton pairs run a size smaller.

If you're buying the raw black D02s I'd stick with your JE sizing, but it's best to look at the measurements on mr porter, matches or ssense prior to purchasing to verify. The YSL website isn't very helpful for sizing.

Hope that helps.

14. Xxcapo

Xxcapo Member

Given your description I think I'll steer clear of the YSL offering. My favorite fit is a really skinny leg with a comfortable dong box haha. Seems like the YSL is flipping that around.

15. grantmason6882

grantmason6882 Senior member

Pretty stoked on the new denim jacket. I hope it's not too cropped though