• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JR918

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Forgot to mention yesterday.... I got the bone overshirt in. It's really cool, but the material is standard and isn't thicker like some people we're speculating. It's dope, but not a potential grail imo. Not sure if I'm gonna return it just yet.

Also might return the flannel if the new denim top is priced as well as the Thumper II.

I get mine Tuesday. Bummer about the thickness but still optimistic. How’s the fit? Throw a pic up

ChillFil

Reaction score
Sunday fun day outfit.

There's the cut up mercer I mentioned.
Cast 2 cut offs
SS17 cap
SLP shades
LV kicks

IMG_4149.JPG

TheOpOg

Reaction score
Forgot to mention yesterday.... I got the bone overshirt in. It's really cool, but the material is standard and isn't thicker like some people we're speculating. It's dope, but not a potential grail imo. Not sure if I'm gonna return it just yet.

Also might return the flannel if the new denim top is priced as well as the Thumper II.
Yeah, it's a bummer to hear the material is standard. I think this had the potential to be a really great piece had the material been more thick. Also would have justified the high price tag JE slapped on it. I will probably return mine if it doesn't look close toperfect. I might use the return money to finally try the Indigo Masa Thumper even though I am not a big fan of the oversized/cropped look. I really want a lightly distressed denim like the Masa but would prefer a longer non-oversized look. Basically, exactly like the Mr. P last year except I cannot find one anywhere. Any ideas or other brands I should look at?

dmill

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking forward to trying the indigo zip up jacket tomorrow!!

grantmason6882

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I get mine Tuesday. Bummer about the thickness but still optimistic. How’s the fit? Throw a pic up

Honestly, I dont even want to haha I feel like it fits me so bad. My wife took one look at me and said "That like what all the annoying stoner kids who teased me would wear. Send it back." haha no offense to my reefer bois. Plus I feel like I'm too meaty for the fit. I'll throw a pic up for giggles but I'm 80% sure it's going back.

Marco Storari

Reaction score

Damn, really ? re: thiccness

That's so disappointing

grantmason6882

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alright guys, here are the photos. Take them with a grain of salt though, because I don't think this piece is ideal for my body type. I honestly think I should've sized up even though I always go tts... damn broad shoulders.

Also, I just moved into my new pad and my wife and I haven't gotten our mirror set up, so this is in my sons room. Soooo, I don't wanna hear it haha.

This is with the cinched waist.
IMG_1691.JPG

Regular
IMG_1693.JPG

With a hoodie
IMG_1688.JPG

Marco Storari

Reaction score
^^^ Hmmmmm yeah, I def would have sized up

I'm nervous now bc I too have broad shoulders

wurlwyde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alright guys, here are the photos. Take them with a grain of salt though, because I don't think this piece is ideal for my body type. I honestly think I should've sized up even though I always go tts... damn broad shoulders.

Also, I just moved into my new pad and my wife and I haven't gotten our mirror set up, so this is in my sons room. Soooo, I don't wanna hear it haha.

View attachment 844027

Regular
View attachment 844026

With a hoodie
View attachment 844025

It doesn't look bad. In my opinion, the straight hem is throwing it off. If this had a classic shirt hem, it'd look good on you.

grantmason6882

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I
It doesn't look bad. In my opinion, the straight hem is throwing it off. If this had a classic shirt hem, it'd look good on you.

I agree. I went tts on last years flannels and they fit me perfectly, and those are slim fit...so you can imagine when I tried this flannel and it felt off; I knew it wasn't for me. Sad to let it go, but it's the right call. If a XL ends up on sale come November I might scoop.

JR918

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 844027

Regular
View attachment 844026

With a hoodie
View attachment 844025

It’s doesnt look bad tbh. Not being very thick has me bummed but still looking forward to trying it out at the least. Thanks for posting pics.

TheOpOg

Reaction score
It doesn't look too bad but a size up will look a lot better. Luckily, I sized up but I am still worried because I have very broad shoulders. I have a feeling mine will end up going back. There is just a lot of stuff I'd rather have for $350.

Thanks for posting!

djkillahcam

Reaction score
I

I agree. I went tts on last years flannels and they fit me perfectly, and those are slim fit...so you can imagine when I tried this flannel and it felt off; I knew it wasn't for me. Sad to let it go, but it's the right call. If a XL ends up on sale come November I might scoop.
Is the last button a snap?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads