• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was really seeking some advice from you guys, who seem to know the brand better than I do, and the different fits/cuts, and also styling. So was simply wondering if it's silly to have the same color in 3-4 different t-shirts.

If you like the tee and fits you well, getting multiple colors is probably common. Not just for JE.

MuskieFan

Reaction score
Was really seeking some advice from you guys, who seem to know the brand better than I do, and the different fits/cuts, and also styling. So was simply wondering if it's silly to have the same color in 3-4 different t-shirts.
If you want to spend the money to have 4 very similar shirts when their are plenty of other options, do it. If not, don't. I personally wouldn't.

blue2007

Reaction score
If you want to spend the money to have 4 very similar shirts when their are plenty of other options, do it. If not, don't. I personally wouldn't.

I tend to agree. They fit well hence why I was going for it. I like the fit on all 3, classic crew, curve crew and anti-expo. But probably they all look very similar in the end. Will likely drop the curve

djkillahcam

Reaction score
The thumper came in. It's definitely more cropped than the old one (obvious). It's fairly similar cut to my acne one (maybe slightly more cropped). I can see the reference to a female jacket if you aren't used to cropped jackets. I wore it with an xs classic crew for these quick pics. I would take more outfit pics with other items but it's way too hot.

I like the black wash but not sure why it has these brown rust like spots all over.

View attachment 823049

View attachment 823050
Whoever thinks these thumpers are too cropped in the fit pics are crazy. They look perfect! My question to you is, what size did you get? And did you size up

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whoever thinks these thumpers are too cropped in the fit pics are crazy. They look perfect! My question to you is, what size did you get? And did you size up

I got my true to size small. I downsized in the dhoa as the old thumper looked too long to me going true to size. Without the stretch the dhoa probably would be too tight.

marcus-chi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fitpics got me hyped to get my indigo jacket in. I stunt see what the fuss is about with the crop

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thumper looks amazing in the fit pics @Jbidwal . Can't wait to get mine in on Friday
Thanks. I think majority of you will like it. They put in a lot of work into the distressing and repair. The collar area has a lot of repairing. I know people aren't always happy with prices but I think they given us good value on these. They could have easily been just as much as the jeans.

djkillahcam

Reaction score
I got my true to size small. I downsized in the dhoa as the old thumper looked too long to me going true to size. Without the stretch the dhoa probably would be too tight.
That's a small wow. How tall are you? Trying to figure out proper proportions for mine

ElmTree

Reaction score
Good to see Mike back in here helping out. Hopefully some of the JE enthusiasts can fall back on the hyper-critical trashing of every aspect of the brand when it doesn't deliver what they want. I feel like that's why we haven't had any JE reps lookin out for us in here in quite some time.

@Jbidwal That black Masa jacket goes hard af, especially with a hoodie. Insane detailing on that piece.

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good to see Mike back in here helping out. Hopefully some of the JE enthusiasts can fall back on the hyper-critical trashing of every aspect of the brand when it doesn't deliver what they want. I feel like that's why we haven't had any JE reps lookin out for us in here in quite some time.

@Jbidwal That black Masa jacket goes hard af, especially with a hoodie. Insane detailing on that piece.

I'm sure I said this before for other pieces but the jacket is probably one of their nicest items. I think they got it right all around and priced it more than fair.

JR918

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Off to work. This is what I call business casual.

IMG_3810.jpg

srizvi722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ lucky ass. I never get to wear anything decent at work

srizvi722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Djkillah
The thumper I got was a size Small. I think the issue for me was that Medium may have worked better in length, but then would have been too OS in the body, esp. the sleeves. This jacket may be an issue for those with a longer upper torso/taller folks. I'm 5'10 btw.
You should just go TTS

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads