• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MuskieFan

Reaction score
I've had pants taken in at the waste. I'm 6'1 200lbs. In Acne Studios Max cut I take a 34. In AG jeans I'll take a 34. SLP/JE I need a 36 but with the waist taken in. LMK if you want to see any pics.
I just measured a pair of jeans I've been wearing the last few weeks, and the thighs have stretched to over 13" (still snug). Appreciate the offer but JE denim simply isn't for me

JR918

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The thumper came in. It's definitely more cropped than the old one (obvious). It's fairly similar cut to my acne one (maybe slightly more cropped). I can see the reference to a female jacket if you aren't used to cropped jackets. I wore it with an xs classic crew for these quick pics. I would take more outfit pics with other items but it's way too hot.

I like the black wash but not sure why it has these brown rust like spots all over.

View attachment 823049

View attachment 823050

I think it looks good and seems to fits you well. Can you confirm there’s no side pockets. Mine will be here tomorrow.

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Doesn't look too bad, but the season 7.5 washed black thumper looks nicer imo. They need to "reintroduce" that one or at least offer the previous thumper in these new washes.
Can you take a pic of the rust spots?

I had that 7.5. This one is way nicer imo. The wash is nicer and has far more details on it. Attached are the rust spots and some pics with hoodies.

I like the jacket. The cut works for what's currently in for streetwear. I think overly long tees are mostly gone

IMG_2936.JPG

IMG_2939.JPG

IMG_2940.JPG

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it looks good and seems to fits you well. Can you confirm there’s no side pockets. Mine will be here tomorrow.

No pockets. That's a bummer for sure. My acne ones don't have them either and I always hate that.

JR918

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No pockets. That's a bummer for sure. My acne ones don't have them either and I always hate that.

Yeah that’s a bummer for sure. Details are amazing! Looks good with the hoodies.

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had that 7.5. This one is way nicer imo. The wash is nicer and has far more details on it. Attached are the rust spots and some pics with hoodies.

I like the jacket. The cut works for what's currently in for streetwear. I think overly long tees are mostly gone

View attachment 823076

View attachment 823077

View attachment 823078
The last fit with the kake and the scarabs is awesome, you look hard AF

Edit: just realized those aren't scarabs/paint splatter it's a dirty mirror lol. Those are slp right?

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The last fit with the kake and the scarabs is awesome, you look hard AF

Edit: just realized those aren't scarabs/paint splatter it's a dirty mirror lol. Those are slp right?

They are slp. It's a dirty mirror. My 3 year old likes to kiss it with chapstick

vaeMD

Reaction score
digging the thumper pics -- getting mine tomorrow as well.

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
digging the thumper pics -- getting mine tomorrow as well.

I think you will like it based on how you dress. The details and material are worth the price imo. A lot more work on these compared to the old thumpers.

I think in general if you aren't into long tees or long hoodies anymore, these will work for you. The crop can be a deal breaker for some. I'll compare it to my rider but it's basically that kind of a jacket

TheOpOg

Reaction score
The wash looks great on the thumper. Although you have to have a certain build for it to look good. Glad I didn't pull the trigger. I have a wide, built upper body. The current cut would look really silly on me. Kinda pissed I held off buying last seasons because I was waiting for this one. Hopefully I can find an old Mr. P one. Would love to see some unfiltered pics of the indigo Dillon jeans!

On the bright side, that money can go towards tomorrow's release. Think I am going to grab a hoodie in both slate and mustard. Then grab another grey AE shirt to put on ice.

Bertdinner2

Reaction score
im digging the jackets but i already have acne ones in very similar washes...they look fire tho

blue2007

Reaction score
Damn man, you need multiple posts for someone to confirm whether or not you should buy a black t-shirt? You answered your own question in your post, as the name of the shirt literally describes the differences in cut.

Was really seeking some advice from you guys, who seem to know the brand better than I do, and the different fits/cuts, and also styling. So was simply wondering if it's silly to have the same color in 3-4 different t-shirts.

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
im digging the jackets but i already have acne ones in very similar washes...they look fire tho

I have both acne ones too and the black is indeed similar. I actually got this to replace that as it was kind of big on me now since it was a medium.

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The wash looks great on the thumper. Although you have to have a certain build for it to look good. Glad I didn't pull the trigger. I have a wide, built upper body. The current cut would look really silly on me. Kinda pissed I held off buying last seasons because I was waiting for this one. Hopefully I can find an old Mr. P one. Would love to see some unfiltered pics of the indigo Dillon jeans!

On the bright side, that money can go towards tomorrow's release. Think I am going to grab a hoodie in both slate and mustard. Then grab another grey AE shirt to put on ice.

It works well for wide upper body tbh. Prob better than us skinny people when you layer with a tee. If you are tall and built then it might be a problem.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads