• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

optimaasprime

Reaction score

Is Columbus20 the promo code?  If so, its not working for me.

mandresB

Reaction score
I always get on here to read through but finally decided to join. I'm 5'7 175. I have a pretty muscular frame. My villain is a large and is pretty form fitting on arms and shoulders. Added pic for reference. Any suggestions on the flannel? Rule of next only has XL left. And yea I realize my frame isn't the best for JE :(

Last edited:

rufiorufiorufio

Reaction score
sweet. just ordered a black villain hood and black mercer t.

slowly building my JE arsenal.

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I always get on here to read through but finally decided to join. I'm 5'7 175. I have a pretty muscular frame. My villain is a large and is pretty form fitting on arms and shoulders. Added pic for reference. Any suggestions on the flannel? Rule of next only has XL left. And yea I realize my frame isn't the best for JE :(

Give the xl a shot. Terry might be more forgiving than the flannel so you might have to size up anyway.

dantatzai

Reaction score

I wear a large in both but your frame def seems like the xl will work better

LuckyG61

Reaction score
I'm new to the forum; I've been lurking for a while and finally decided to sign up. I've got a few JE shirts; silk blend def being my fave. I've read mention of navy being incorporated for next season so I'm excited about that.

Question for people; does anybody prefer the crews over the hoodies? I recently got my first villain as a gift; the burgundy crew in a size m, I wore it once and it fit perfectly. However, I'm a hoodie guy myself and have my eyes set on the burgundy hoodie; I love the colour. Anybody interested in a swap, the crew and maybe some $ for their hoodie? I don't want to be redundant and have the hoodie and crew both in burgundy so I'm holding off for now; I'm fine with the crew but if someone prefers the crews and is interested in a potential swap let me know.

Last edited:

LuckyG61

Reaction score
Also, do most of you wear your crew and hoodie in the same size? Or do you generally size up in the hoodie?

dantatzai

Reaction score
Also, do most of you wear your crew and hoodie in the same size? Or do you generally size up in the hoodie?

I personally take a large in the hoodie and medium in the crew. For some reason the crew in large is loose on me and the hoodie large is fitted.

LuckyG61

Reaction score

I personally take a large in the hoodie and medium in the crew.  For some reason the crew in large is loose on me and the hoodie large is fitted.

I've read the same and I'm definitely looking for a more fitted feel so I think I'll go up one in the hoodie. Appreciate the help, thanks

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads