• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

optimaasprime

Reaction score

We recommend dry clean only because we wouldn't want to recommend machine washing, when there are so many variables in the kind of machines different people use, and it could ruin the garments.

With that being said, I personally machine wash mine on delicate cycle, cold, with Woolite, and hang dry. Once dry I'll sometimes fluff them in the dryer. I don't necessarily recommend doing this for everyone, but you can try it at your own risk.
I think most HE washers have a wide variety of settings to eleminate dry cleaning process. Unless it's leather of course haha, is yoke leather on the flannels okay to wash or is that shirt strictly dry clean only?

leclutchjames

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've explain earlier in the thread the best way I've found to wash the silk tees. I've tried machine and hand wash/soak

vanillaslush

Reaction score
This is my first time purchasing and I have a few questions.
im 5'11 140lb, should i go for a medium or a large in the tops?
secondly, i believe there was a 15% off signing up to newsletter for new customers but i cant see that any more, is there any way i can still use this promo?
and i read theres free shipping, i went to checkout and i had $50 shipping, is it only for US because i live in new zealand.
thanks

optimaasprime

Reaction score

secondly, i believe there was a 15% off signing up to newsletter for new customers but i cant see that any more, is there any way i can still use this promo? 
and i read theres free shipping, i went to checkout and i had $50 shipping, is it only for US because i live in new zealand.
thanks
140 wearing large tops? Medium for sure.

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

thanks

I believe you would want a medium. We offer a 10% discount to first time newsletter subscribers. International shipping is not free.

If you do not see the newsletter prompt, clear your web browser history and cookies and re-visit the site.

ElJeffrey

Reaction score
Sizing help/advice please:

I'm 5'10", 190 lbs.
I first bought the Olive Crew sweatshirt for the JE x Gap collab in a LARGE and LOVED it so much that I wanted something from the JE site and decided on the Hooded Villain in Pitch Black.

Based off what people are saying in this thread, it appeared as though the cuts were "boxier" for the JE x Gap collab so I sized up and bought the Hooded Villain in XL. While I love it, I feel its def a bit roomier in the shoulders and chest area compared to the Olive Crew (JE x Gap collab).

Should I have went with Large for the Hooded Villain like I did with the Olive Crew (JE x Gap collab)??

Did most of you stay with the same size for the collab as you did with actual JE?

optimaasprime

Reaction score

Sizing help/advice please:

I'm 5'10", 190 lbs.
I first bought the Olive Crew sweatshirt for the JE x Gap collab in a LARGE and LOVED it so much that I wanted something from the JE site and decided on the Hooded Villain in Pitch Black.

Based off what people are saying in this thread, it appeared as though the cuts were "boxier" for the JE x Gap collab so I sized up and bought the Hooded Villain in XL.  While I love it, I feel its def a bit roomier in the shoulders and chest area compared to the Olive Crew (JE x Gap collab).

Should I have went with Large for the Hooded Villain like I did with the Olive Crew (JE x Gap collab)??

Did most of you stay with the same size for the collab as you did with actual JE?
large

hansam

Reaction score
Is there a major quality difference between the official JE tees and the one they did for Gap?

While we're on the topic about how to wash, is it better to use Woolite Delicate or Woolite Everyday?

Last edited:

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks

I am 5'11 and 175 and u-neck is a little loose on me, hoodies are perfect. Take M for sure. Maybe you would even fit the tee in S.

hansam

Reaction score
I am 5'11 and 175 and u-neck is a little loose on me, hoodies are perfect. Take M for sure. Maybe you would even fit the tee in S.
Agreed. Im 5'11 and 165 pounds and the large on the u neck is a relatively looser fit around the neck and shoulders compared to the other styles but I still think it looks a great oversized look.

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agreed. Im 5'11 and 165 pounds and the large on the u neck is a relatively looser fit around the neck and shoulders compared to the other styles but I still think it looks a great oversized look.

I love it too. Length is perfect and I love that it is not super slim on me

leclutchjames

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Mercer tee runs larger as U-neck tee? I only have u-neck tees and mercer tanks for now. New fe mercer tees for layering in FW.

Mercer Tees run normal TTS, while I find the u neck to run a tad bit big

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Advertising your own auctions or items in forum threads is against forum rules and etiquette. Spam not excused.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads