1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Potsnu

Potsnu Senior member

That's exactly what I did. I have multiple PayPal confirmed addresses as I live in different properties.

I always ship to my Condo as I have 24 hour concierge who will sign all packages when I'm not home.

But now that it looks like it's Canada Post, it doesn't matter. I'll just pick it up at the post office.

If it was UPS I would be screwed. FedEx and DHL have weekend and extended hours, so that wouldn't have been an issue either.

2. TorontoGTA

TorontoGTA Well-Known Member

I am also having problems with the shipping to Canada

Anyone from Canada that has received their JE package?

Currently my package has been delivered to Pitney Bowes, but now what ?

It got delivered on Tuesday, and i still do not have another tracking number.

Did anyone get a new tracking number? if so, how ? no tracking numbers in my email.

3. BeraQueezy

BeraQueezy Senior member

Feds just got you.

1 person likes this.
  4. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

Hey guys, I just want to let you know, loud and clear, that we hear you on the Canada shipping issues and will be changing our system accordingly, soon. We are obviously in the business of treating our customers well - customer service has always been very important to us. Rest assured, you will get your packages.

Pitney Bowes was never supposed to send the tracking to Kentucky, which created confusion for many customers. You should have received tracking once it left their sorting facility.

To clarify taxes & duties - you are not charged duties. Our clothing is made in the USA, and therefore you are exempt through NAFTA. You are, however, supposed to pay taxes on imports. International shipping is a tricky thing. If we simply charge the shipping fee up front, and customers are hit with taxes they were not expecting (which has happened numerous times), there is sticker shock on the unexpected added expense on delivery. In our attempt to make these charges clear up front, we have learned that many Canadians are lucky enough to avoid taxes entirely.

We hope to move to a system soon, at least for Canada, that will allow you to order with a standard shipping fee and be responsible on your end for any taxes you may or may not incur.

2 people like this.
  5. TorontoGTA

appreciate it JE.

but my package got delivered there tuesday, and its now friday and i have not yet received an email about it leaving their sorting facility,

guess ill just have to wait a bit longer?

6. Bertdinner2

Bertdinner2 Senior member

hey for the rep on here, with the grey duo escobars, the light grey with darker grey cuffs. are they only made in newer slimmer fit, or is there a chance, if i buy a pair from a friend, that they would be the looser cut used at one time? i want to grab them and theyre new for a great price but i dont like the looser cut at all really. thanks!

7. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

All Escobar sweats on our site are the new cut. We pulled all of the loose SS14 cuts.

8. DrinkOrDie

DrinkOrDie Senior member

What about the Cast Graphite jeans, how many wears would you recommend before I wash by hand / dry clean?

9. Potsnu

Potsnu Senior member

John Elliot, thank you for the response.

One quick note. It's the year 2014, everyone should know by now that you might get hit by taxes if you are shopping from a different country. That's a given.

Most retailers put a disclaimer in their FAQ section or at the time of check out that there may be taxes levied against the customer.

At the end of the day, I want the freedom of paying my own taxes (if I get charged) instead of having to pay for it up front.

I'm glad to hear you will be moving to a Canadian friendly system soon, as I want to support JE and I want to continue making more purchases in the future.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2014
  10. echau

echau Senior member

Wash them when they get dirty/start to smell. Otherwise, keep wearing.

11. Cg23

Cg23 Senior member

On JE's site they are the slimmer cut now, but if you are buying secondary then there is a chance they could have purchased them before JE went back to the slimmer cut. If i were you I'd just ask for measurenents just to make sure they are the slimmer version.

12. Potsnu

Potsnu Senior member

Here's my advice, wash them if they are really dirty.

Raw grey denim won't lose colour. People are too caught up on trying to achieve high contrast fades and grey denim in general don't fade a whole lot.

I take care of all my denim the same way, I rarely put it in the washing machine unless it's really dirty and stained.

I soak with Woolite Dark, and rinse and hang dry.

There is no set time or how many wears for washing denim. If you spill something, just wash it. It's a pair of jeans.

1 person likes this.
  13. ben10

ben10 Well-Known Member

Amazing jacket bruh. Question, you wearing the mercer tee under the crew? they tts or size up?

Did you use those ship to border services or no?

I've never really got the whole proxy thing, care to explain?

14. optimaasprime

optimaasprime Senior member

saves you on taxes cause i can ship as gift and mark the value at whatever you want.

15. brokeassp

brokeassp Senior member

Got my esco pants. Damn they`re comfy

16. kbasanti

kbasanti Well-Known Member

Yes

I ship it to a service that's in Blaine. They charge 2 dollars for every package so it's pretty cheap if you're close to the border

17. epryor

epryor Senior member

None of my 3 orders have been "fulfilled".

18. ben10

ben10 Well-Known Member

okay cool, thanks!

Nice, the closet border to me would be the Niagara Falls one but haven't looked into any of the ship to border services.

If any of the Canadians in this thread know of any by Niagara Falls border let me know, thanks!

19. TorontoGTA

just curious,

any Canadians received their 2nd tracking number from Pitney Bowes?

Or have their stuff delivered yet ?

20. marcxy

marcxy Active Member

I sized down my mercer tee.

38 chest, wearing a small.