John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. srizvi722

srizvi722 Senior member

Is the lookbook an entire season lookbook? Or just drop 1? Looks masssive. And it looks pretty epic, not getting hyped up about it as prices are gonna be stoopid and the shit never fits/feels as it appears in the lookbooks. Still mad stoked to see these releases

2. TheOpOg

TheOpOg New Member

I heard somewhere that a NikeLab rep confirmed more releases. My buyer buddies have also informed me there will be a wider release of the Vandals.

3. TheOpOg

TheOpOg New Member

Not sure but I agree with you on the pricing and styling. The price gets a bit wild on some things considering their quality. JE is my favorite designer right now, but I have a few pieces that I would have been real mad had I paid full price for them. I have to give whoever styles JE"s website pics though. Shit looks good. Then you see the same clolthes styled on Sak's and think WTF, are these even the same cut?

4. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

hook up your SF friends with some preorders :p

5. Bimmer93

Bimmer93 Senior member

There's much better options already available for everything in this lookbook. Not sure why everyone is so excited. Want a camel sweater? There's an Elder Statesman one on Mr. porter right now that I have that is guaranteed to be 10x better quality cashmere to price ratio. For me all JE knit stuff has been fine, but overpriced for what it is.

6. srizvi722

srizvi722 Senior member

Man that overcoat--it looks dope, but ACNE overcoats will dominate all day. JE better price wisely or a ton of folks will opt for ACNE's overcoat instead.

7. grantmason6882

grantmason6882 Senior member

My guess is that lookbook 1 is the more street styled theme where as lookbook 2 will be the more formal. JE talked about this kinda being the theme of the collection.

8. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

It's going to come down to the fit. The Je cuts tend to cater to the streetwear crowd and other brands really don't do that.

9. marcus-chi

marcus-chi Senior member

Agreed. I'd say there are other options and leave it at that. Better depends for sure on what you're looking for in certain details.

10. marcus-chi

marcus-chi Senior member

That sweater is over $700. Doubt JE's will be priced that way plus fit does look much different with the drop shoulder, oversized fit, etc. The one you referenced has a more classic, tailored look. So yea, not really comparable imo.