• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

cisipphone

Reaction score
How do people feel about the raschel tees? I'm surprised that they haven't sold out. I'm thinking of picking up black or natural, but concerned about the synthetic material, and possibly looking too jersey shore. Any recommendations?

JR918

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How do people feel about the raschel tees? I'm surprised that they haven't sold out. I'm thinking of picking up black or natural, but concerned about the synthetic material, and possibly looking too jersey shore. Any recommendations?

I have the shorts and would def buy a Raschel tee if they had my size in beige or natural. @srizvi722 has had them for a while now and seems to like it.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I know the measurements are pretty much the same for all the denim but has anybody with multiple pairs/styles found any particular pair to be a looser fit? I'm looking at the scarab or spring in a 34 but prior to this had pretty much concluded JE denim is too slim for me.

PDL24DCP

Reaction score
I know the feeling...I tried on every pair of denim that came through saks/barneys and finally had to move to rag and bone fit 2's which I highly recommend btw but all of the je denim was way too tight in the thighs

Lloydham

Reaction score
I know the feeling...I tried on every pair of denim that came through saks/barneys and finally had to move to rag and bone fit 2's which I highly recommend btw but all of the je denim was way too tight in the thighs

Did you try R&B Fit 1's? How do those compare to the cast 2 in the thighs? Fit 1's are my go to but I've yet to try JE denim.

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did you try R&B Fit 1's? How do those compare to the cast 2 in the thighs? Fit 1's are my go to but I've yet to try JE denim.
JE destroyes R&B hands down. The denim quality of JE is superior. I also think that the fit is better for the cast 2. Only prob with JE currently is that they don't have any "simple" options. Everything has been very over the top and not subtle.

The best denim JE has put out recently has been their mr porter collabs (specifically the destroyed, the washed black/carbons and the vintage/rusty springs).

Lloydham

Reaction score
JE destroyes R&B hands down. The denim quality of JE is superior. I also think that the fit is better for the cast 2. Only prob with JE currently is that they don't have any "simple" options. Everything has been very over the top and not subtle.

The best denim JE has put out recently has been their mr porter collabs (specifically the destroyed, the washed black/carbons and the vintage/rusty springs).

Thanks for the response. I'm particularly interested in the thighs and taper because I have an injury that makes a lot of stuff jeans that are tight in the thighs unwearable. Fit 1's are by far the slimmest jeans I can wear comfortably. If cast 2's are tighter than that it won't work for me. I'm really interested in the reverse weft that are on sale now but it would be crazy to try my first pair on final sale.

detroit313

Reaction score
Haven't been on here in a minute... everyone looking good as usual.

Does anyone know if these are the updated fit odeons at Revolve?

Also, I wanna take all my JE denim to the tailor to make the waist smaller and to slightly hem them. I'm hoping the tailor doesn't botch them. Anyone know of a good tailor in Detroit area?

grantmason6882

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping JE puts out some good denim Season 10. I looked through the runway show again and say a lot of grays and washed blacks, I passed on this spring/summer sale in hopes of some bangers dropping in the next season

JR918

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the response. I'm particularly interested in the thighs and taper because I have an injury that makes a lot of stuff jeans that are tight in the thighs unwearable. Fit 1's are by far the slimmest jeans I can wear comfortably. If cast 2's are tighter than that it won't work for me. I'm really interested in the reverse weft that are on sale now but it would be crazy to try my first pair on final sale.

I would recommended measuring your R&Bs and compare the measurements to the JE measurement chart.

PDL24DCP

Reaction score

The rag and bone fit 1s were too tights for me, it was like you could see the individual muscles in my quads haha. And @nsubrmnn its not that I disagree that je denim isn't great, I wanted almost every pair that came out, but everything I tried on in my size or up one was way too tight for me

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads