John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. boxdok

boxdok Senior member

does with cast 2 shorts how is the length of them. I'm 6'3 and m afraid they may be too cut too short for me

2. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Senior member

If they've are able to discount them this much, then they are still making profit. I'm sure the pricing hasn't to do with trying to be a premium brand, but can you imagine if these were the prices initially? They would have made a killing. I would have picked up a lot more this season. The no returns is hard for me due to all the sizing risks. Hmm Doha thumper is looking very intriguing right now.

3. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

I was thinking the same thing. This is the first year this has happened though. Items weren't priced this high in the past though and not as many items came out. Something prob adjusts going forward.

4. JR918

JR918 Senior member

Yeah, I'm leaning that way. Doha might be more versatile tho?

5. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

Dhoa has paint too so it's a toss up.

6. JR918

JR918 Senior member

True! I actually like the Doha jeans so might consider those and the yacht thumper. Damn! JE breaking my wallet! Did anyone grab the Doha denim on the forum?

7. perkyscalling

perkyscalling Active Member

[​IMG]

Back pockets look blue here and not white like Need Supply. Kinda confused....gonna email CS right now. For $208 I could be down

8. JR918

JR918 Senior member

If they're blue I'm grabbing them. Let us know! Be the only pants i wear with socks and slides. Lol

9. jstrath406

jstrath406 Senior member

This is something I was going to bring up the other day but didn't. JE is going to have to seriously look at their brand perception next season and down the line after this season. While someone did mention that they're "still making money" selling at these discounts, it's very bad for the image of a high end/premium brand. It's not a good look introducing the silk bomber at nearly $1000 and then having it sit at almost 50% off that a few months later. Simply look at what's happened to J. Crew over the past few years. They promoted themselves as a higher end brand than they were, introduced new products at super high price points, and have been selling old inventory at 60-70% off ever since. They're barely staying afloat. It's not sustainable for JE to have multiple seasons in a row like this so I really do hope they can figure things out.

10. perkyscalling

perkyscalling Active Member

@JR918 Matt just told me on live chat that the JE website version have blue back pockets. Instacop at $208

11. JR918

JR918 Senior member

Nice! Grabbing them now! Save that email because if it's not true I want a refund! Lol