Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. NickEPockets

NickEPockets Senior member

Are the Alma sweatpants cut the same as the Escobars?

2. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

9 AM EST?!? C'mon... I would've thought a West Coast based company would understand the pain of early morning EST releases.

3. Vindeleon90

Vindeleon90 Senior member

4. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Alma Sweats do fit the same as the Escobar.

5. Bertdinner2

Bertdinner2 Senior member

yea it kinda sucks that one of the reason I like John Elliott is bc of the fact that I considered it a somewhat affordable luxury brand that gave you great fitting clothes for reasonable prices. But I definitely feel like with these gradual increases that it will eventually be right up there with big luxury names. I dunno for some reasoning just feel like a 68$ tee is much more reasonable then like a 100$ t shirt. U know what I mean? And I have two pairs of escobars but definitely would not be buying these new ones for 300 even tho they look nice

6. MIKE_JE

We are not planning on raising prices on any of our basics at least through SS15 and probably further. So, that means Escobar, Hooded Villain, Villain Crew, all T-shirts, etc. remain the same price. Trust us, if we do raise prices it is not because we have gotten bigger or feel we "can." We understand part of the reason our customers love our brand is because of the reasonable price, and we intend to try to keep our core items around the prices they are currently at.

The Alma Sweatpant does not replace the Escobar in any way, it is another option. This sweatpant has the added details of 3 RiRi zippers, and the Japanese 100% cotton mesh panel details at the calf.

Our fabrics are all custom knit in the USA or imported from Japan, our zippers come from RiRi in Switzerland, and everything is sewn to the highest standards in Los Angeles. These costs add up, but we are always keeping the end customer in mind!

Unfortunately, as a cost of doing business, fabric, hardware, and sewing costs go up over time. These factors are the only consideration in raising the price of an existing item.

7. aaronj15

aaronj15 Senior member

^ really enjoyed that vid, cool to see him sticking to his honda haha.
    @JohnElliottCo what jeans is john wearing in that vid?

8. MIKE_JE

Those are Obsidian broken in for about a year.

9. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

@JohnElliottCo how do the pockets work as far as sizing goes with the zippers? I know my old escobars prob look the way they do because of the old cut and me wanting a slimmer cut but even my current cut midnight blue have a gap at the pockets when you put them on. Will that not matter with the zippers? I don't want the pockets to be so tight that opening and closing the pockets might be an issue.

10. MIKE_JE

For the longest time we've been hesitant to create a Facebook page, but we just joined so that we can connect with our customers on all platforms. Check us out if you have a page! https://www.facebook.com/johnelliottco

11. Bertdinner2

Bertdinner2 Senior member

thanks for the response and that's good for me bc the main thing I like from you guys is the u-neck tees so as long as they stay reasonable I'll continue to buy them! I just was concerned that it might have been because u guys are "real hot" right now. Kinda like how slp came out with those two shoes that mimicked the jordan 1 royals and breds that sold out immediately at like 560$ and the they raised the price to 795$ for no reason at all and no one bought them so they said it was a mistake and lowered the price back down lol. But from ur explanation I can tell that that's not the case. Not that my opinion matters that much anyway...lol

12. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

Thanks for the update. From when I followed the brand to now there have been improvements in the stitching, materials and cuts. The price increases IMO have come with improvements.

Also any updates on restocks? Kind of want the updated cut escobars. I figure I'll do the sell and rebuy one more time. Really like the updated fit more. They fit better and are for comfortable.

13. jmaudi0

jmaudi0 Senior member

FYI your website is listed wrong on the facebook page. it's missing the Co.

14. MIKE_JE

Thank you. Autocorrect.

15. MIKE_JE

All Escobars currently on the site are the new fit, including the ones in the old SS14 grey fabric.

The FW14 Dark Grey & Dark Grey Duo 2 sweats should be restocking any time now. If not tonight, tomorrow.