• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I went to atriumnyc today and tried on the Lima sweatpant duo/black in an XL and felt they were to loose for me as I wanted to see how the fit was so I can order the Escobar sweatpant in burgundy. I am still on the fence of whether I should get an L or XL?

Any Help would be appreciated before I rush and end up with the wrong size. Also I would like to know if the escobars will stretch out after multiple wears?

Thanks.

The Escobar in Burgundy fits at least an entire size smaller than that Lima Sweatpant. It is much slimmer through the leg and is an updated fit. You should refer to our measurements, but if you feel a more tailored version of the XL you tried on in the Lima will work go for the XL.

Last edited:

supremeanarchy

Reaction score
Hey @JohnElliottCo in the pic you guys have on Instagram outlining all the items for F/W 2014, are those pants under the escobars the same but with zippered front pockets? Was about to get a medium pair of escobars until I looked really close and looks like it. If so, when are those bad boys dropping?!

Also took advice and decided to return the pitch black villain from L to M, hopefully this works out better, and this time I'll definitely post up pics. Just been waiting lol.

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Hey @JohnElliottCo
 in the pic you guys have on Instagram outlining all the items for F/W 2014, are those pants under the escobars the same but with zippered front pockets? Was about to get a medium pair of escobars until I looked really close and looks like it. If so, when are those bad boys dropping?!

Also took advice and decided to return the pitch black villain from L to M, hopefully this works out better, and this time I'll definitely post up pics. Just been waiting lol.

There are sweats with 3 RiRi zippers coming out. They also have mesh overlays at the knees. They are called the Alma Pant and will retail for $298, dropping later this month or early September.

They will be available in Sand, Black, and Grey.

Last edited:

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@chase504

here's a reference pic as to what a L rebel tank looks like under a L villain. I prefer the way the tanks look layered underneath the villains as opposed to any other shirt.
You could probably get away with a L, but there's nothing wrong with the fit you posted.

and here's a more relaxed hoodie fit I stumbled upon on IG, which IMHO doesn't look too bad.

Different preferences, I'm kind of steering towards to more fitted layered look. Going to try to get a medium in my villain next time.
wow, I have few villains in L and mercer tanks in L and my tank looks much longer than villain and not only slightly longer as on your photo. That's why I am thinking to size down on mercer tee...

dantatzai

Reaction score
@JohnElliottCo - are the black Escobar sweats that revolve has on their site the new updated fit or the previous fit?

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

@JohnElliottCo - are the black Escobar sweats that revolve has on their site the new updated fit or the previous fit?

@dantatzai, most likely previous fit. We are shipping the new fit out now.

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't worn my xsmall black and grey in a while since its been warm and I realized how much nicer the current cut is with my midnight blues. I guess it was bad timing on my part for buying the last gen cut as they were the only ones baggy. I already sold off my smalls to buy the xsmall so don't really want to do the same again and rebuy the current gen. @JohnElliottCo anyway to alter the new old ones to fit a bit more like the current gen?

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I haven't worn my xsmall black and grey in a while since its been warm and I realized how much nicer the current cut is with my midnight blues. I guess it was bad timing on my part for buying the last gen cut as they were the only ones baggy.  I already sold off my smalls to buy the xsmall so don't really want to do the same again and rebuy the current gen. @JohnElliottCo
  anyway to alter the new old ones to fit a bit more like the current gen? 

Not really, everything is flatlock stitched. I can assure you we won't be altering the cut again!

Bertdinner2

Reaction score

I haven't worn my xsmall black and grey in a while since its been warm and I realized how much nicer the current cut is with my midnight blues. I guess it was bad timing on my part for buying the last gen cut as they were the only ones baggy.  I already sold off my smalls to buy the xsmall so don't really want to do the same again and rebuy the current gen. @JohnElliottCo
  anyway to alter the new old ones to fit a bit more like the current gen? 
yea I agree with u I have two pairs of the quilted sweats and they're both a bit baggy but still nice

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads