1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. optimaasprime

optimaasprime Senior member

2. tkm225

tkm225 Senior member

3. DrinkOrDie

DrinkOrDie Senior member

4. wurlwyde

wurlwyde Senior member

@JohnElliottCo Can y'all confirm this?

5. optimaasprime

Go look at the product numbers on revolve. JE.S13 is old fit, JE.S14 is the new fit. They price is increased on there site too I believe the S14 is $295, but they always hand 10% off making making like $265. Free shipping and free return shipping if you don't like the fit.

6. optimaasprime

Atrium has old denim up currently.

7. frunk

frunk Member

Had to get another mercer tee with that Roden Gray code...this makes 4 lol.

8. rufiorufiorufio

rufiorufiorufio Senior member

so pissed. i had to break up a fight at my bar tonight.

blood all over my white mercer tee.

smh JE+co can yall hook it up?

not srs kinda srs

9. max-t

max-t Senior member

10. wurlwyde

wurlwyde Senior member

You've gotta wear shitty clothes to work, homie. Whenever I DJ, it's all beater everything. It kinda sucks, because you see some fly girls...but nothing good happens in the club, especially to your sneakers.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2014
  11. rufiorufiorufio

rufiorufiorufio Senior member

what makes it worse is that i want working this evening. it was the owner, and our two friends out to dinner. we then hit a strip club

whilst making it rain, he received a phone call from his son, the manager that a patron was refusing to pay a tab and also threatened to kill the owner's son.

we drive back to the bar and the owner chokes up the guy and they proceed to scuffle.

after all said and done i had to pull them apart along with like three other people.

the rowdy customer also got sucker punched.

also got blood on a pair of grey khakis i had thought i lost and wore today.

just threw both items in the trash and bout to see if I can pick up some stuff off the RG site

/xanga

12. wurlwyde

wurlwyde Senior member

Damn. I'd keep the Mercer and try to take it to the cleaner. You can get blood off. Although off white, it's a lot harder.

13. ExAngel

ExAngel Senior member

Does that mean you bust out the good stuff when you go on your coffee runs? Performing in front of people is probably one of the only times you should actually not wear beater clothes and wear stuff that will, you know, attract the attention of your audience.

14. wurlwyde

wurlwyde Senior member

I understand what you're saying....but it all depends. If I'm the headliner, then I wear nicer things, but if it's week to week in a club, I generally don't. I know it sounds counter intuitive, but most DJ booths are designed moronically with ALL/MOST of the amps for the whole club within them, coupled with generally poor ventilation, meaning that it's significantly hotter than the rest of the club and making for you becoming semi drenched in sweat by the end of the night. That's not to say every place is like that but I've ruined ALOT of nice clothes DJing. I always dress nice to parties/dates/dinners/etc pretty much every thing other than coffee runs and DJing.

15. ExAngel

ExAngel Senior member

I mean I get it, I grew up dj'ing in l.a. at some of the worst venues and basement rooms in the trashiest raves from dtla to san bernardino, spending most of the night in a tiny booth filled with cigarette and weed smoke and then waiting for promoters to pay in the morning. I still think it's a good reason to at least generally dress well or how you'd like to be perceived rather than throw on beater clothes. I'm not saying you should pull a diplo and wear a suit for a gig at los globos like you're djing at hakkasan or anything. Anyway, just a random observation that caught my eye.

16. wurlwyde

wurlwyde Senior member

Hahaha I love that you've been there and your diplo example. I completely agree you should look good. I guess maybe the difference is in our perception of the term "beater clothes". It's not that I look bad. At most gigs I wear some APC jeans paired with a tee and chucks. I still look good I just wear things that are completely replacable as opposed to some seasonal pieces that I love and could never find again, in the event that some entitled foreign idiot decides to spray champagne on me as if I'm a bottle rat begging for drinks at his table. Could I dress better? Absolutely. But you've gotta appreciate the fact that if someone dumped a drink on your margiela GATs (et al) most people aren't going to care/take care of you/them.

17. optimaasprime

I'd just break out everything Zara/H&M nobody can tell...

18. kristianml

kristianml Member

Hola. I'm 6 ft. 2, 80 kgs. As a narcissist, I'd like to describe myself as halfway athletic. What size should I opt for regarding your tees?

Last edited: Oct 16, 2014
  19. optimaasprime

Large

20. mikeylab

mikeylab Well-Known Member

after a year of back and forth, i finally bought a villain hoodie, due in no small part to the publication of the garment measurements on the webshop (thanks @JohnElliottCo ).
    I received the 'pitch black' last week, and it really is a wonderful piece. i went with xl; probably could have fit into a l, but since i anticipate some shrinkage, and predominately wear it over long sleeve button down shirts, I am happy with the fit. i'm 5'7 and it fits me a little long, but that was the look that i want from this piece. i emailed CS with a question post sale, and a response came quickly. will buy again, thanks.