• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I just got it with the mesh rebel hoodie about 1 month ago.It is difficult to tell from the picture because its 1" diffrence between M and L is on the chest. The length (front) is 2" diff from 26" in M to 28" in L (so its more apparent).

Even wearing them I can feel the black one is more tailored and snug. The charcoal one feels like regular cut. Hence why i pulled out the measurement tape. It defeats the purpose if I wear a mercer tee underneath but the front accent is covered by the hoodies length.

If it's a month old, it should be the same them. I would contact them. They are good about taking care of things. Comes to stock on these I guess.

tkm225

Reaction score
Just received my whole midnight set today. Quality is good and Sizing was on point except for the charcoal villain hoodie.

Ordered Hoodie and Mercer tee in M and escobars in S.

The ones I received is definitely a sz L, but i ordered a sz M.

The labels and tags inside are 2 (medium) but the measurement and fit compared to my black villain hoodie is 1" wider on the chest and 2" longer out front. If worn with the mercer tee it barely reveals the tee inside, almost covering it entirely.

This happened to me on my first order (black villain hoodie). I knew something was off because i tried my buddys hoodie in same size but his was more slim fitted. But the first time the black hoodie was still in stock when I had to return and reorder it.

Anyone experience the same issue? Please advise.

I've had the same issue with my Villain hoodie (black) before.
I think the Villain hoodie's sizing is very inconsistent to be honest.
I had to reorder for like 3 times to get the Medium Villain Hoodie that has pretty much the same size spec as it's on the website.
I know that each piece is unique and it's impossible to make every piece with same exact size spec but the Villain hoodie that I got had a big difference.

omajin

Reaction score
Yeah I cant wear it with the mercer tee and have the front of the tee somewhat hidden and barely visible. On my black one though its nicely showing and have the intended look and that accent from the tee.

I strongly feel that whoever separated the sizes and put on the label was unaware because at a glance i really cant tell, until you put them on. To make it worse its currently sold out and Ive been eyeing this one ever since the preview. Kinda dissappointed.... Happened to me the 2nd time lol...

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Yeah I cant wear it with the mercer tee and have the front of the tee somewhat hidden and barely visible. On my black one though its nicely showing and have the intended look and that accent from the tee.

I strongly feel that whoever separated the sizes and put on the label was unaware because at a glance i really cant tell, until you put them on. To make it worse its currently sold out and Ive been eyeing this one ever since the preview. Kinda dissappointed.... Happened to me the 2nd time lol...

Please contact us, I sent you a PM. We will do everything we can to help you out with this. We're sorry there was an inconsistency on your garment!

Thank you!

rockstari21

Reaction score
I placed two orders for the midnight collection and I haven't even gotten a confirmation email. Anyone else?

Vindeleon90

Reaction score

Concepts in Boston & Fred Segal Man in Santa Monica will both be receiving Midnight in about a week. They will have more limited quantities than our site.

I kindle regret not purchasing the escobars. Do you know if these retailers will be selling the collection online as well? Please let us know when they are live on their sites thanks

dantatzai

Reaction score

I kindle regret not purchasing the escobars. Do you know if these retailers will be selling the collection online as well? Please let us know when they are live on their sites thanks

They still have close to a full size run on the JE Website for the escobars from the midnight collection minus size large or is that the size your looking for?

Jasonronn

Reaction score
Are FW14 esocbars gonna be the same as SS14 (current) or go back to FW13/Midnight sizing?

Hennessy1

Reaction score
Sized down from black. This better.

PDinh

Reaction score
JE has fantastic customer service. Had an issue with an order, emailed them and had the problem resolved in a few hours. Also, my charcoal villain came in and yeah, I would size down for a fit more similar to the past villain hoodie model.

Hennessy1

Reaction score

JE has fantastic customer service. Had an issue with an order, emailed them and had the problem resolved in a few hours. Also, my charcoal villain came in and yeah, I would size down for a fit more similar to the past villain hoodie model.

To be clear, I only sized down because the black was too big for my liking. This better.

aaronj15

Reaction score

yes THIS. shout out to brandi turner
fing02[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads