John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. optimaasprime

optimaasprime Senior member

Probably and XL unless you got your hoodie super baggy. You have 3 inches on I wear L in the tank and XL in the Villian.

2. superego

superego Senior member

nope, was pretty fitted initially...was leaning toward the XL, thanks

3. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

I'm a medium in all the tees and the hoodies. Will a medium in the rebel fit the best or should I go small? Measurements of the small are similar to my med tees

4. kevinhaughey

kevinhaughey Well-Known Member

Copped the white hooded Rebel and the grey Rebel tank, pumped to get them.

5. Darren2901

Darren2901 Active Member

I'm a little bit worried because the size guide for the Villain is inaccurate - I measured my brand new (large) Villain and it's approx 20.5" P2P. The size guide for the Villain says that a large villain should measure 21.5" P2P.

I have ordered the mesh in a medium because I won't be layering it and I've measured clothing that I already own but if the size guide is an inch out again then it could well be too small!

The measurements on my large villain are more like a 'medium' on the size guide...can you help so I could potentially amend my order before it's too late? I'm shipping to the UK so it's important that I have get it right. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks!

6. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

Ordered the rebel in medium just to be safe. Got a grey and black. Thinking of the white too but I'll wait for some of you to post pics. I have the white villian so not sure if I want another white piece (but the white seems like the star of the set).

7. dantatzai

dantatzai Senior member

I believe the measurements are pit to pit so if you move that measuring tape up it will be 21.5 on your villain.

8. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

The Mesh Rebel in Medium measures 21" P2P, I just measured it. You may be measuring a little low there for the Villain, as dantatzai suggested, but we will re-measure the Villains and check our size guides on Monday based on what you posted.

Last edited: May 11, 2014
  9. Darren2901

Darren2901 Active Member

A lot of people in the industry use 1" below the pit as the standard way to measure although here's a pic from P2P taken from the seam and you can see that even 20.5" is pushing it! The measurements are pretty much identical to the ones given for a medium!
    Think we need @JohnElliottCo to confirm how the sizing chart is done and whether the mesh measurements are more accurate. I've gone for a medium which should be half an inch bigger than my large Villain but if the guide is out by an inch again, I might need to amend my order!

[​IMG]

10. dantatzai

dantatzai Senior member

I went for a medium too and wear a large in villain though my measurements more closely Match a small rebel. Hope it works because it definitely depends on how one likes it to fit. Wear a medium - mainly large in hoodies but can fit a small tee. :/ but I also have a local store to try on some stuff but not all obviously

11. Darren2901

Darren2901 Active Member

Thanks a lot for the reply - please see my other image for proof that, if anything, the P2P is <20.5" when measured straight from the armpit.

I'm happy with my choice of a medium if indeed it will be half an inch wider in the chest than my Villain.

Darren
    [​IMG]

It made me worry that the mesh hoody would also be an inch smaller in reality than on the size guide. I'm 5 10" 170lb slim athletic and 'large' does fit perfectly on the Villain when layered with the Mercer tank. I think having the Rebel in large would be too long if the guide is accurate.

12. smokinginja

smokinginja Active Member

well, 2 more days till the middle of may. how about that cast/coast restock [​IMG]

13. max-t

max-t Senior member

are there any plans for lima sweats and shorts to come in XS? next season(s)? love the grey/white duos hope i can get them in my size at some point

14. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

Got my answer for the tees...

Last edited: May 12, 2014
  15. theamericanist

theamericanist Senior member

Anyone try the silk-blend t-shirts? What are your impressions?

Also, how do people like the black and grey u-necks? I'm thinking of stocking up for the summer. [​IMG]