1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. hyyvii

hyyvii Senior member

2. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

3. Vinneo

Vinneo Senior member

Tee might work, think swim shorts would actually be good with it but no sign of that.

4. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

Swim shorts would actually be really nice. Skittles jeans inspired type of a thing.

5. Mackp12

Mackp12 Senior member

[​IMG]

Zooming in they appear to have a mesh liner? hopefully i'm wrong because if so I will be cutting them out lol

Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
  6. hermesonly

hermesonly Senior member

questions to Skittles owner..

What do you do to your skittles if its way too long in the inseam? (especially for guys like me who are not that tall, I'm 5'4" to say the least)

do you guys hem your skittles yourself to have that unfinished look for proper fit? or
    do you guys take to the professionals and ask for the original unfinished look?

for "intended look" of Skittles.. is it "supposed" to be "scrunched" up in the knee and lower calf and give leeway
    for hemming that "intended look" to avoid looking like "jeggings" ..

Any suggestion would help, I copped the Skittles and since I really LOVE the look on JE site, I thought It supposed
    to look like that unlike any of my other standard jeans...oh, and I got the Jelly shirt too.

CP shoes questions.. for JE intended, Skittles and maybe Shorts looks.. Which looks better Low Achilles or Mid High Achilles. Looking to make it last throughout the spring and summer season. I personally like the Mid High Achilles since I have lots of white and black Stans Smith stocked up.. (I already chose the color, Carta)

Thanks Guys.

7. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

The raw hem is easy to do. You don't need to take them in. If you have a dremel too laying around just use the sandpaper attachment and cut the extra off.

1 person likes this.
  8. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Senior member

@hermesonly I think the lows look better with shorts. Mids and highs look strange to me with shorts, but people still do it.

2 people like this.
  9. Mikeisonfire

Mikeisonfire Senior member

Nice rec, which model do you prefer from them? I'm looking at either bulldog or setter.

10. hermesonly

hermesonly Senior member

Thank You.. I actually have a similar device.. can you elaborate on how to? .. I'm thinking lay flat on wood surface and run it thru with the attachment? .. Do I need to sew the bottom part to keep it neat? How about giving a little leeway for that scrunch look in the knees..? better yet.. can you or anyone post sample fit pics please.. I appreciate it

11. suisunfleet

suisunfleet Senior member

I don't own the skittles but I own a couple pairs of the JE denim. The scrunching up of the denim at the ankles that you describe is known as " stacking". I'm 5'8 and the inseams on the JE denim are usually 34 inches, which definitely produces quite a bit of stacking for me. I know some people get the denim hemmed, though I did not. I would recommend trying to get them hemmed to a 30 inch inseam, maybe 31, you can always get them hemmed shorter, maybe try pinning the hem to see how it might look before getting them tailored. My opinion is that at your height you should probably get them tailored at least a couple inches shorter. If they are Raw hem you can just cut them yourself like other people have mentioned. In my experience the bunching up at the knees and tight through the calves seems to be generally intended though the denim will stretch.

1 person likes this.
  12. hermesonly

hermesonly Senior member

Thanks.. I will consider the CP lows. I appreciate your suggestion.

13. einstine

einstine Senior member

I don't think this swimwear colection will work out for JE. I'm sure some will sell out but all of it seems basic as f**k and more than likely its just going to be lesser quality reiterations of whats already out in the market today.

1 person likes this.
  14. hermesonly

hermesonly Senior member

Thank you.. I am learning new style words today "stacking" .. cool. I'm taking notes and will consider your option.. This is great. I appreciate it.

15. Vinneo

Vinneo Senior member

Bulldog are their flagship pair and cut a bit shorter than the Setter I think. Sunspel also do a good pair.

*Other way round^

16. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

Basically how you describe it. The distressing you see on jeans is done with sandpaper tools. Leave it as is. The hem will unravel as you wear them and look nicer with time.

If you want the stacking, you have to make sure they are fairly skinny knee down. You can prob get the look with a 30 inseam

1 person likes this.
  17. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

Board shorts / swimwear can be tricky. A lot of variation when it comes to length and cut. Some prefer it short, some long and baggy. I personally like it somewhere in the middle. I also wear them casually too though.

18. MuskieFan

MuskieFan Well-Known Member

Thanks for the help, there's a new one on Grailed for 260 I may grab.

19. hermesonly

hermesonly Senior member

Thanks.. I will do it. I'm excited to get my very first pair of JE skittles delivering soon. Def will post pics after. Appreciate it!

20. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

Good luck. Practice on some cheap jeans first. If you were in NorCal I honestly would have just done them for you.

1 person likes this.