1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. aaronj15

aaronj15 Senior member

Need your honest opinions. What do you think of the fits? Both are size L and I'm 5'11 170. I feel like I can do a M in the villain. I just feel like the villain is sized inconsistently, I have a size L JE crew neck underneath both hoodies, and it's barely visible underneath the villain. I do have broad shoulders which kind of doesn't help the whole slim fit look. I appreciate any input, thanks fellas.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. 97laxlude

97laxlude Well-Known Member

I'm 6'1 180 and I wear a large. You should size down.

3. sussi

sussi Senior member

both are looking good for me. Flash better than villain. But maybe it will be too tight if you size down in villain, only if you want really slim fit. I am 5'11 and 175 with strong chest, shoulders and arms and villain in L is very slim on me and dual flash is a little looser. I prefer how flash looks and think about sizing up in villain next time.

4. mookiej

mookiej Senior member

i'm a little smaller than you, and had the same problem when i sized up to a L. i felt the armholes were very big near the shoulder, so when i lifted up my arms, i felt like i was wearing a wingsuit or something.

5. supremeanarchy

supremeanarchy Well-Known Member

Hey fellas, I have black escobar sweats in a size Small that I'm letting go of for $125. I need a damn medium since the waistband fits slightly tight on me. Everything is good except the stitching on the waistband, some parts have become unstitched.

Not sure if I can post this here so apologies if I cannot.

@aaronj15 the fits look good man. Your body type might be in between sizes like I am, especially due to my broad shoulders so it really depends on you. But I don't think they look bad at all. If you're going for layering as well then maybe size down and try that out.

6. leclutchjames

leclutchjames Senior member

If you are going for a hoodie look they are sized nice. If you want a layered look or something either size down the hoodie or get a bigger shirt

7. aaronj15

aaronj15 Senior member

thanks for the input fellas.

I feel like the midnight collection sizing was just off. Makes no sense that my white crew tee in a L should be longer than my moon mercer tee in a L. classic crew in a L measures in at 29.5" length and mercer tee runs in at 30.5" length according to measurement charts. Not to mention the sleeves feel shorter on the mercer than on the crew, which shouldn't be right.

8. malcolm4819

malcolm4819 Senior member

@aaronj15

Size down. I am a similar size (with broad shoulders) and wear a medium. Fits perfect.

9. nepats81

nepats81 Senior member

love the clothes, just wish sizing with this brand was consistent.

1 person likes this.
  10. aaronj15

aaronj15 Senior member

this.

also, anyone know what denim he's wearing here? looks like a flat black unlike the current raw obsidian, maybe the JE staff can shed some light

[​IMG]

11. Bertdinner2

Bertdinner2 Senior member

Does anyone that is really tall own a villian hoodie? I'm 6'4" but skinny like 175. Looking at the fit pics above of the guy who's 5'10" I would almost think it wouldn't be long enough on me. I was planning on getting an XL but according to the sizing chart on the site the difference between the L and the XL is only an inch in width across the chest and the lengths are exactly the same. So I kinda think it'll be pointless to size up to an XL if the length is the same as the L. Looking on copping the dark grey or the sand color. Any help would be great from you tall skinny people! Thanks

12. aaronj15

aaronj15 Senior member

@Bertdinner2

try the L. I say this because like you said, the length will not change from L to XL. I would recommend layering the villain with a large mercer tank or tee, that should look good on you. I may be a M after all, not a L. I'm 5'11 and just weighed myself at 165 today, so I'm basically the same build as the model on the site. I've always bought a L in my other clothes because I liked the longer look, but since JE already has already taken the elongation into account, I think a M would work for me. Go with the L, it may not be perfect but it's worth a try.

13. leclutchjames

He's tall so What about the arms?

I'm an M but according the the hoodie measurements the arms will be too short on an M, leaving me with having the go a size up.

Don't want him having that problem

14. mcnicol21

mcnicol21 Well-Known Member

I'm 6'7" so I went with an XXL in the Villain. It was huge. In your case, I would recommend going with the L. I'm an XL.

1 person likes this.
  15. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

That is a pair of Obsidian, worn in for about a year.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2014
  16. ohyoumad

ohyoumad Senior member

I'm 6'3 165 and just got my first Villian's in Medium and Large. I actually prefer the fit of the medium and how it looks except zipping it at the sides all the way, it's a little too snug. My child bearing hips..:embar:

I feel like the large is what I'll have to stick with, even though it's a little big on me. Sleeves fit me either way, little more breathing room in the large obviously, but I prefer the look of layering with a Medium Villian too. Wish they were just a little wider at the bottom. I'm guessing tailoring these would probably not be a good idea but I hate being stuck in between sizes.

On another note, I grabbed a couple U Necks too (Size Medium), and the materials are amazing..but even myself being 6'3 - I can't believe how long the T is and I still have lots of room in the body. I don't know how you 5'11 guys deal with a T that long, because to me, it's still very long. I'm halfway wondering if the size was mislabeled.

17. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

Could be. Check the measurements and see what they are compared to online. I buy either medium or small in the tees and I have a few smalls that are as big as my mediums and I recently got a medium that's as big as a small. You might have a large.

18. leclutchjames

The tee isn't very long, yes, it's longer then normal, but it's not OD like FoG

And this is coming from someone with a short torso, so just about anything looks to long on me :lol

19. tkm225

tkm225 Senior member

I'm selling New without tag/only tried on Escobar Grey Duo 2 in size Small for only $140 shipped within the states.
    I'm moving soon so I need to sell this asap.

20. Bertdinner2

Bertdinner2 Senior member

thanks I was thinking XL but now I feel L will be good
    thanks guys I think an L will be good I'm like 6'4" and like 170 right now but I'm about 15 lbs under weight which I'm sure I'll gain pretty soon so I gotta take that into account