• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The current Escobars reflect the current sizing - the measurements are accurate and they are not the "old fit."

Thank you, so if I have XL from the old fit (which would now be an L), I should go with a Medium from the current fit in order size down 1?
I just can't remember which way the sizing went (new fit is smaller or bigger than the old fit?)

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Thank you, so if I have XL from the old fit (which would now be an L), I should go with a Medium from the current fit in order size down 1? 
I just can't remember which way the sizing went (new fit is smaller or bigger than the old fit?)

If you have an XL in the old fit, and you want the same fit, get a large. I actually hand measured the chart on the site for these, if you want to look at those and compare with the FW13 fit, you can get a better idea. They got bigger so you would want to size down 1. XL is now L, etc.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
OK cool. Yeh so i'll go with M. I like my XL but want to try one size down from that fit, not the same size.
Thanks for all the help and sorry this sounds so confusing haha.

Bertdinner2

Reaction score
Could anyone that has the escobars and nike tech fleece sweatpants tell me how the sizing compares to each other? Thanks

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

@JohnElliottCo, I'm using IE 11 (Windows 8.1). Doesn't seem to load properly. I tried emulating older versions of IE as well (back to 8) and that didn't seem to work, either.

Would you mind posting the measurements for the Graphite in 29 and 30? I'm a 31.

Last edited:

Narii

Reaction score
Hey amigos! just got my shorts grey, and black in medium! they really are awesome. I'm used to modern fitting boardshorts, these make me feel right at home.

Vindeleon90

Reaction score
@Bertdinner2 in my opinion nike tech fleece pants fit tighter throughout especially below the knee. Some people may like this but mine looked a step up from leggings which is why I got rid of them. Some people prefer it that way

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey amigos! just got my shorts grey, and black in medium! they really are awesome. I'm used to modern fitting boardshorts, these make me feel right at home.
you get the same size in shorts and in swetas? or sized up on shorts?

Narii

Reaction score
you get the same size in shorts and in swetas? or sized up on shorts?
I was going to size up on the shorts for L, but I wanted the more fitted look so I went Medium, same as my sweats and tanks. The model wears a M on the website for the shorts. I'll post fit pic tomorrow if you want :)

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was going to size up on the shorts for L, but I wanted the more fitted look so I went Medium, same as my sweats and tanks. The model wears a M on the website for the shorts. I'll post fit pic tomorrow if you want :)
yeah, but model wears S in escobars. I am not sure about shorts. And don't want them to be too long. I wear M in escobars. I will wait for few fit pics here on SF. I still about a month until the hot weather will start here in Europe.

And @JohnElliottCo thanks for infos about new shipment coming to Europe.

Joebo21

Reaction score
if anyone's looking for grey escobars sz XL from the previous fit pm me

Cg23

Reaction score
@Bertdinner2I agree, the nike tech fleece pants do fit a little slimmer altogether. I compared both the other night, my john elliott escobars to my nike tech fleece both same size and the tech fleece was cut give or take an inch or so slimmer in the leg more so in the thigh area. Hope this helps!

Last edited:

dantatzai

Reaction score
If anyone is interested in the villain black or grey size large brand new pm me :)

Saffi

Reaction score
Thxn @JohnElliottCo for updating me / us about EU stock lists!
I'll send Jades an e-mail when they expect the delivery.

Just want to let you know I think you're doin' great work!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads