1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. bmb1243

bmb1243 Member

What kind of denim are you wearing?

1 person likes this.
  2. srizvi722

srizvi722 Senior member

I try to avoid doing that bc a tee protects your hoodie, aka under the pits. A tank wouldn't and you'll end up washing it quicker/more decreasing the life of the hoodie. But if you wear a L villain getting a small would be too short. I wear a M villain and M in Mercer tanks. I have one Small Mercer tank and it doesn't layer as well since it's slightly shorter.

3. srizvi722

srizvi722 Senior member

They're some frayed rag and bones

4. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

+1

@MIKE_JE - also are the thermal crews dropping tomorrow the same cut/fit as the oversized thermal crews from last f/w?

Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
    1 person likes this.
  5. Mackp12

Mackp12 Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I was thinking of copping natural based off the first IG pic but looking at JE's story it seems quite yellow... hmmmm...

6. Henward

Henward Well-Known Member

Eh.... imo the shirt looks slightly awkward on you. Not a fan. Sweater looks mad comfy, though.

7. theonepantless

theonepantless Member

I didnt even consider that. How much does the M Mercer tank stick out of your villain in the front? I actually purchased the grey co-mix mercer in XL to layer with. The shirt is way too baggy around my chest and shoulders for me to wear by itself. It seems kind of wasteful to keep it with the sole purpose of layering, thats why I was considering a tank since it would be a cheaper option and provide a similar look.

8. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

The Cotton Cardigans in tomorrow's release are a bit shorter and slimmer, but still a relaxed fit.

The thermals are lighter weight cotton and are a similar sizing season but are an improved and updated fit at the shoulders from last season.

2 people like this.
  9. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

The natural is close in color to the os cropped hoodie and oversized crewneck pullover, it is not yellow like that story.

10. mayastig

mayastig Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

My girlfriend surprised me with a Villain hoodie in M. What do you guys think of the fit? Keep it or go for a small?

11. jl710

jl710 Senior member

Yeah I did, just don't expect it all the come off.

12. Mackp12

Mackp12 Senior member

Thanks for the response Mike. Will be grabbing it then!

13. suisunfleet

suisunfleet Senior member

I'd say it's a toss up, looking at your left arm it looks like it's already snug but not too snug. The fact that it's a gift would make me want to keep it since it's not too big by any means.

14. suisunfleet

New pic of the cardigan is up on IG, still lengthy for sure. @MIKE_JE thanks for the response

15. mayastig

Heres a side shot. It's snug at the forearms but a bit loose on the bicep area. Feels like I'm wearing a regular hoodie, so was thinking if I could go S for the slim fit or its going to be too tight. Thanks for the feedback.
    [​IMG]

16. randomkoreandude

they changed the description in the linen cardigan to size down from your normal size

@mike_je - should we be sizing down in these cotton cardi's too or stick with normal JE size?

17. randomkoreandude

whats your normal JE size? go with that. the villains stretch with wear and are meant to be slim

18. mayastig

Not sure this is my first JE actually. I'm normally a small in everything else like Zara etc. Will probably try a small down the line.

19. mattyice11

mattyice11 Member

[​IMG]

HOV in that JE Villain????

1 person likes this.
  20. suisunfleet

^ that mispelling of rothschilds [​IMG]