• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

barrettdudley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys a little off subject but got any recommendations for a nice wool coat? I was hoping I'd like the JE wool coat but don't like that it's a mac style. Looking for something $1k or less, preferably single breasted. Have too many wool peacoats.
May get **** on for this, but a bunch of Zara's latest wave of topcoats and overcoats look pretty great to me. Also have a rag & bone donkey coat from a few years back that has held up extremely well. Been really satisfied with it. Their raw edge coat from this season looks interesting. Not sure if any of that is the aesthetic you're going for though.

timofay

Reaction score
What do you guys think are some JE pieces that are underrated/under-appreciated? Personally I LOVE my ribbed mercer pullover.

Mikeisonfire

Reaction score
Just came up on some plaster Baselines off grailed for a steal. I never thought I'd see these guys again, been searching for ages.

Mackp12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ nice pickup! i would like some more baseline colours although it's unlikely. I don't dig the cropped look of the kake or side zips on the villains are played out IMO. Just want a good old fashioned normal fitting quality hoodie lol

CandH23

Reaction score
^ nice pickup! i would like some more baseline colours although it's unlikely. I don't dig the cropped look of the kake or side zips on the villains are played out IMO. Just want a good old fashioned normal fitting quality hoodie lol

Flash zip?

jstrath406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

In that case go with the raw edge, I feel the same as you and it's probably my favorite JE hoodie to date.

Mackp12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

In that case go with the raw edge, I feel the same as you and it's probably my favorite JE hoodie to date.

Not a bad call man! Will most likely hold out for black friday on one of those. $228 is a little steep for that

earlyadapter

Reaction score
@Mikeisonfire, nice pick up, I love my plaster baseline hoodie. Mackp12, I feel the same way, I just want a couple more classic slim fitting hoodies with a big hood because you can only buy so many dual zips. baseline hoodies in some of the new colours like oak or brown would probably draw me back into buying JE sweatshirts. I too am still not feeling the oversized hoodies and droopy stacked sleeves on the kake.

beans718

Reaction score
Havent copped any tees from JE in a while.. but picked up charcoal co mix, I disappoint that they stopped using ziplocks to package them

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No one buying that for that price. Both brands not big enough for that much hype. You can get an slp jacket for 3k

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads