1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Well-Known Member

agreed its not the same but close enough. and its not like the sail is a must have that fills a specific void for most wardrobes. its a statement piece. i just dont have 600 sitting around for a statement piece that i would get 1-2 times wear per year. nike lab windrunners are close enough but there are many other thin windbreakers out there that dont break the bank. again nothing that is the same as sail but lcose enough

1 person likes this.
  2. Schatzgraber

Schatzgraber Active Member

I hear you man..hard to justify for me too.

Still want to cop though, strongest piece with rider so far this season

Last edited: Mar 7, 2017
    1 person likes this.
  3. ASpec818

ASpec818 Well-Known Member

Any retailers with the grey pigtail in small available?

4. dune297

dune297 Active Member

I bought it in natural. I'll post pics when I get it, but I don't expect to have it until early next week.

1 person likes this.
  5. ZanderRosen

ZanderRosen Well-Known Member

I have confirmation that other retailers have received the Sail, and it will be available soon.

1 person likes this.
  6. srizvi722

srizvi722 Well-Known Member

@suisun I'll post some tmrw. I got the grey sweater and jelly. Props for getting it out quick

1 person likes this.
  7. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Well-Known Member

JE Instagram story hinting the swim items. Board shorts, towel, bag and slides. Looking forward to those items

8. ppGrailed24

ppGrailed24 Well-Known Member

Honestly J.E should make products that can be worn everyday just with elevated fabrics and newer materials. Even though I'm a freshman in college, I don't feel comfortable wearing ripped jeans and all that paint splatter stuff. Seems kind of immature especially if you're a Chem major lol

1 person likes this.
  9. srizvi722

Haaaa. Well i can't speak for the denim but 99.9% of everything fade JE has released are things that can be worn everyday. My main reason of being a big fan of the brand. Their products when worn look so effortless and clean.

10. srizvi722

This made me happy. I'll finally be able to save some $$$. The jellyfish SS button down is the most summer I can get. Stuff looks so good. But no place for it in my day-day life in New York.

11. ppGrailed24

Like take the classic crew as an example. They can add some newer materials onto that. Use the basics they are known for and build on that with newer materials. Very disappointed that the raschel mock tee had very rough material and extremely wide sleeves. They can experiment, like with the storm jacket, but the basics like the t shirts should be better

12. ppGrailed24

Maybe make a pigtail hoodie? Or hoodie with sashiko print at the bottom?

13. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Well-Known Member

1 person likes this.
  14. nsubrmnn

Damn son, you're buying $400 jeans, etc. and you're a freshman?!!! I have trouble justifying some of the JE stuff and I'm in my 30s

15. ppGrailed24

Lol I usually buy at the end of the season when the items are 60-70% off unless there's a piece I am really "desperate" for.

16. ppGrailed24

All I want is some hoodies with elevated materials I can wear everyday lol

17. nsubrmnn

LOOPWHEEL

18. ppGrailed24

That's too thick. I want something similar to that co mix cropped hoodie or maybe something like the iridescent bomber jacket from a few seasons back

19. dune297

dune297 Active Member

Not sure where you go for ripped jeans and paint splatter to be considered immature, especially for a sciences major. I'm also in college and I've never had a situation where any of my JE pieces were perceived negatively and, to me, it is a brand in which almost every product can be worn everyday and interchangeably. If you wear any jeans at all you're a head above the rest in terms of fashion here.

20. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Well-Known Member

There where some pigtail type material hoodies and shorts on the runway. I'm waiting for those and they should satisfy many looking for an alternate material hoodie.