1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. fuzzystain

fuzzystain Member

Yeah if you want tapered, just buy the original Westpoint chinos by wings + horns.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2017
    1 person likes this.
  2. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Well-Known Member

They are the same jeans.

3. Mackp12

Mackp12 Well-Known Member

@MIKE_JE classic crews coming in seasonal colours?

4. ppGrailed24

ppGrailed24 Well-Known Member

Just got the Storm Jacket and Raschel Tee in

The storm jacket is not worth retail at all. Although the marble print is nice, the materials feel cheap and it's very see through.

The raschel tee has very rough material and the sleeves are extremely baggy and oversized. Reminds me of Yeezy season.

Both pieces will be going back :/

5. nepats81

nepats81 Well-Known Member

any pics of the dune flash dual zip?

6. Henward

Henward Well-Known Member

Hey @MIKE_JE , my pigtail mercer (previous version) ripped at the seam in the neckline... planning on taking it to a tailor. How should I tell the tailor to repair it? What kind of thread should he use? It's my all-time favourite piece and I can't risk screwing up the repairs! Thanks

7. l0ftykeith

l0ftykeith Well-Known Member

Mind posting a pic with the storm jacket on?

8. srizvi722

srizvi722 Well-Known Member

Getting mine today. I'll post tonight

Looks like there were barely any of the grey ones. I snagged a M luckily. It actually looks dope. Might wanna grab the beige as well. Shoulda got that instead of the jellyfish shirt. I'd wear it a lot more

9. srizvi722

A nikelab jacket like that would run around $250ish+ though. So being JE, it is expensive, but not that badly priced. I do wish it was $<$250

10. suisunfleet

suisunfleet Well-Known Member

Looking forward to some fit pics of today's drops. Anyone cop the jacket? Sweater seems a bit sheer

11. dmill

dmill Well-Known Member

Man I don't know about you guys, but it's been really hard to cop anything JE this season. The patterns and stitching on the oro jacket and sweater just insta-kill any chance of me copping it. all these details to make each piece "unique" just makes me want them even less. Jellyfish shirt is cool but $298 is a lot to spend on a short sleeve tee..

As someone else before said... "would you be buying this piece if it wasn't John Elliott?"

6 people like this.
  12. srizvi722

a short sleeve button down on average will run you a good $200-500. Marni came out with dope pieces this season, but those are $600. I would have taken a USA made shirt of this design for $228, but being made in Japan, you're gonna get that price increase.

It is pricey in my books, but not enough to complain about it.

Edit--dude's creating heat season after season and causing havoc for all things fashion during fashion week/etc. He has every right to charge $298 for a button down shirt made in Japan. I still find JE prices to to be somewhere between expensive and cheap. And I'm good with that

2 people like this.
  13. Fresh718

Fresh718 Well-Known Member

I agree this season is a lot of passes besides some of the jeans and the pigtail Mercers ... everything else is kinda blah ... I feel like cuz everyone. On the forum is a fan of the brand n cuz of how they do the weekly/bi weekly drops people are kinda hooked into buying things they wouldn't buy if the whole season came out at one time for fear item will sell out and they won't have opportunity to buy in the future ... to add one never really sure wats coming next .. JE traditional quality non unique style is what drew me to brand initially and I don't see it as much this season

5 people like this.
  14. Bimmer93

Bimmer93 Well-Known Member

At 30 years old, I'm starting to feel like I'm aging out of most JE stuff that's been coming out recently. Initially, it was a great option for weekend lounge attire, with some cool pieces like the Rider (which is hands down one of the best leather jackets around). Now everything is slightly odd cuts, covered in various stitching, or ripped and paint splattered - even for the pieces that would work well in multiple settings like the cardigan. While there are still some winners, I just can't wear alot of this stuff without looking like a 22 year old instagram hypebeast.

5 people like this.
  15. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Well-Known Member

Largely depends on your style. This season caters for those formal type of summer events. Beach items also coming soon. I like many of the items coming out, some of these types of items i generally buy from other brands too.

The shirt price isn't too bad. I spent $800 on slp Hawaiian bowling shirts.

1 person likes this.
  16. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Well-Known Member

I got 4 years on you so I know what you mean. This season though caters plenty for formal wear. You just have to mix in other brands and items. The jeans aren't that out of place if you pair them with a simple tee and sneakers.

1 person likes this.
  17. peter1234930

peter1234930 Well-Known Member

If you rock a bunch of trendy items together you're always going to approach fashion-victim status. My mentality is to balance out louder pieces with more subdued items. If I'm wearing my skittles I'll rock a basic tee and kicks so the fit isn't too flashy, for example. If I bought the oro jacket I'd wear it with a simple white/gray tee and some non-ripped, basic denim and kicks. Just my mentality anyway, I know there are people who like to rock trendy gear head to toe, but that's the kind of thing that will make you cringe when you look at pictures of yourself a few months/years later.

4 people like this.
  18. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Well-Known Member

but nikelab you can get on sale new with tags for cheap

i have the nikelab x kim jones windrunner myself instead of grabbing the sail pullover. not exactly same but close enough and was only $90 for me v 600 for sail

[​IMG]

19. Schatzgraber

Schatzgraber Active Member

New skittles price is different on MRP due to stronger pound atm

Jelly shirt is a sweet piece and that thing looks nothing like the sail man come on now

20. grantmason6882

grantmason6882 Well-Known Member

I agree 100% with this. And I agree with a lot of people today about some of the recent comments on this season's direction. IMO one of JE's greatest strengths is using great fabrics/textures paired with seasonal colors. I think that is the bread and butter of the brand, and all of these separate details take away from the foundation. For example, the Oro flight jacket has a dope fit, awesome colorways; even the "needle punching" designs being used to distinguish the piece are a very cool concept. However, the designs are spastic and all over the place. Maybe if they used only one as a focal point on the back or chest would have been a better balance. Same goes for the sweater. Too many "unique details" overpower the best part about the clothing...the fabric.

3 people like this.