1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.
    @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests

Attached images are now Full Size by default

Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their signature files,

SSL certification is now in place so you can all browse securely.

The server has been reconfigured so that site speeds will improve.

Notice: Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Senior member

Fit looks awesome, everything really meshes well. No disrespect but I'm not a big fan of the sock darts with the fit though. IMO the fit is kind of dressy-casual and the sock darts are too athletic. CPs would look good though, or a dressier shoe like a chelsea. That's just my 2 cents.

1 person likes this.
  2. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

Size up imo. Jeans sticking out like that isn't a good look.

3. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

In general most designer sneakers aren't comfortable. 95% of my sneakers are designer and they aren't the most comfortable but I'm used to them now. If comfort is important or you walk a lot, there are plenty of athletic sneakers that will work much better than a pair of "dad" shoes. Jordan 1s, ultra boost, flyknit racers, Stan smiths, etc all can be options.

1 person likes this.
  4. MuskieFan

MuskieFan Well-Known Member

I agree. Thanks for the input

5. hermesonly

hermesonly Senior member

Great to know.. You mentioned, Stan Smiths (I DO have a few, Duplicates of Black and White).. Hmm. I did check CP and Wings+Horns.. they all appear to resemble the Stans. Although, CP looks great tho.. I might check that out. I'm learning a lot from this cool group of men who are in the "know" .. by the way, whats a "Dad" shoes.. my NB perhaps LOL!

6. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

chunky shoes like yours. Tbh if you wore a different pair of jeans you can pull those off too.

1 person likes this.
  7. hermesonly

hermesonly Senior member

LOL.. Now, I know.. Thank You. my lesson from this forum.. when in doubt, wear my stans... This is great! .. Thank You!

8. WilliamTickles

WilliamTickles Senior member

1 person likes this.
  9. suisunfleet

suisunfleet Senior member

Just throwing this out there in case you check out common projects online, the general consensus seems to be size down one whole size from your normal size, it was definitely the case for me. They fit snug at first but break in nicely.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
    1 person likes this.
  10. tjonesd2

tjonesd2 Senior member

life's too short to wear anything but boost

11. Crshngdwn

Crshngdwn Senior member

I'm guessing (hoping) the "raw" black denim drops next week on Tuesday. It was in the Delivery 1 lookbook, so I'm thinking they'll release it before Delivery 2.

12. Mikeisonfire

Mikeisonfire Senior member

Purl Grey tee came in today - it's awesome. First thought was that it reminds me of a short sleeve Pigtail, which I know some people were asking for. This is the closest thing you'll get to it: similar hand, lightweight, drapes really well. I sized down one (5'11, 140, bought XS) and it fits me perfectly, YMMV. If you're on the fence I definitely recommend trying it out, especially fans of the Pigtails.
    Small note: tags say to hand wash and lay flat to dry despite the online description saying machine wash delicate and hang dry.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
  13. beans718

beans718 Senior member

small sold out in Purl tee :censored:

14. jthom931

jthom931 Senior member

JE will make my spring/summer if they come correct with new u neck and tank top colors.... Honestly the only things I'm waiting for @ this point besides the button up short sleeve shirts

15. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

Are the ohos the same thing as the board shorts people were mentioning before or diff?

16. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Senior member

I was under the impression they were talking about the multi color and jelly fish trunks
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  17. Vinneo

Vinneo Senior member

That last fit and the items in it
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 28, 2017
  18. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Senior member

The jellyfish and the "ombré"(I'm pretty sure there is a darker ombré as well) if priced right will sell out instantly. They're pretty hyped

19. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

Other than the button up shirt, these are the pieces I'm waiting on too. My summers consist of pools and water

20. Vinneo

Vinneo Senior member

The towels look so good as well, hope they made it. These kind of areas really show off the yacht club theme.