1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Phonzy24

Phonzy24 Active Member

[​IMG]
    Pullover looks good here

2. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Senior member

It actually looks decent, just really cropped. I wonder what Joe la pumas relationship with JE is. He tends to wear a lot of JE. Doesn't always look good though, I remember when the kake came out and he wore it and everyone was ragging on him

3. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

yeah nevernmind, the cardis are back. they must have been messing with the site or i had a glitch or something

4. leFLOPjames

leFLOPjames Senior member

Septum Papi is the GOAT JE model for sure...

and the Sail is actually a really nice piece IMO, even though everyone here seems to hate it with a passion

5. marcus-chi

marcus-chi Senior member

I actually like the sail, but it didn't look good on the dude that posted. I would give it a go, price is OC though.

1 person likes this.
  6. Enexde96

Enexde96 Senior member

I don't think the hate isn't justified though to be honest. It really just looks like a basic retro pullover.

I don't have the same issue with the price that others seem to have though. I'm not gonna sit here and act like I haven't shelled out $500+ for a Cav Empt or Acronym pullover jacket

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
    2 people like this.
  7. marcus-chi

marcus-chi Senior member

Pricing is just one those things that will forever be subjective. As far as I'm concerned the pricing on pretty much everything I buy on sale or not could be viewed as excessive to a more conservative spender. In fact, to most of my friends it is. My thing is though if I spend $600 I'd want it to look like it was worth that much, and the sail at the price just too closely resembles something I could pick up from Nike for $150.

8. Angel of Death

Angel of Death Senior member

why did it take you this long to start searching? you are too late to the party.

did u just find that bogota bomber jacket out? unfortunate.

ebay.com is your only option left and eventually you will see somebody sell a medium...but the timing would be up to you to secure it.

9. JR918

JR918 Senior member

Was about to buy scarabs but probably should wait for the updated versions. Does anyone know if the Springs have been updated yet?

10. leFLOPjames

leFLOPjames Senior member

agreed. Re it looking like a Nike piece, I can agree (but a lot of JE's pieces can be viewed in that manner) and sort of disagree with that as well... I also wouldn't call it 'basic looking' as per the post above - In terms of design and visual aesthetic, it is one of the most standout pieces JE has ever come out with (IMO). Retro for sure, but I like that and it is part of JE's history/aesthetic and creation story.

The foremost question you have to ask yourself is, how much use do you think you will get out of it? That's what should determine the value in your mind. Being made in China does not help it's perception.

Pricing is high but when compared to the previous windbreakers/raincoats from JE (fishtail raincoat, tech poncho), it is somewhat justified. There is a ton of stitching on it (each different fabric piece of colour being sewn individually together), the added mesh layer which the others did not, the added drawstrings on the back of the hood which are kind of cool and unique. The reflecto in the NC tar heel colour probably has a small added cost. Then you have the hype which probably adds to it even if they deny it. It also feels more water resistant and better suited for the wind and light rain than the others I mentioned.

Even on the high end of the price spectrum for JE stuff, it is still kinda reasonable when you compare it to some other designers. For example, I'd much rather have the Sail than the $600 feminized Swiss-cheese Les Enfants T-Shirt that somebody posted in here a couple days back.

1 person likes this.
  11. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Senior member

Mind reviewing it for everyone? It'd be nice to hear a second opinion from someone that owns it

Edit: I guess you kind of did

1 person likes this.
  12. Enexde96

Enexde96 Senior member

@leFLOPjames I'm glad someone who actually has it has finally chimed in on the quality. There were people on here ragging on the price because they thought the material would suck... without actually having the piece lol. If the quality is there the price is justified, regardless of how I feel about the design.

1 person likes this.
  13. marcus-chi

marcus-chi Senior member

Agreed. At the end of the day these mf'ers got me anyway. Me not coppin the sail right now just means they'll get my money next week instead of last week. If it's not this it'll be something else. Can't name too many brands I'm on a message board for daily. If it wasn't for this board I'd be embarrassed to admit to anyone else just how much JE gear I own. Like some others stated Season 7 was their jam well this past F/W season was mines. I might actually own just about every piece with the exception of few here and there.

1 person likes this.
  14. elzarka9

elzarka9 Well-Known Member

The springs have been updated, scarabs not yet. Some retailers may still have the older springs, but the ones on JE are the new fit.

15. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

We do not change or inflate prices based on "hype." Prices are determined at the time of our sales season, which happens at least 5 months before product comes to market, based on the market and runway schedule. We have a network of stockists and this theory is not really possible.

3 people like this.
  16. nepats81

nepats81 Senior member

Just copped the grey loop wheel kake in large that popped up. On an impulse.

To those of you that have it... does it fit exactly the same as the terry kake? I know measurements are the same but maybe it drapes different? How's the color in person?

17. grantmason6882

grantmason6882 Senior member

The color is great, however keep in mind that loop wheel terry is a heavier weight.

18. peter1234930

peter1234930 Senior member

6 people like this.
  19. grantmason6882

grantmason6882 Senior member

20. Crshngdwn

Crshngdwn Senior member

[​IMG] I finally copped my favorite piece from Season 8, the SRD Parachute Jacket. JE is taking over my whole closet, I should probably diversify...

6 people like this.