1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Mackp12

Mackp12 Senior member

I'm probably overthinking it but I think it's part of their release strategy and pretty smart. Distressed and out there denim typically isn't as popular as clean washes so sell them first. Similar to how the oversized crews dropped before the hoodies. If they dropped the hoodies first or both at the same time I can almost guarantee they wouldn't have sold as many crewnecks as they did doing it their way.

@nsubrmnn haha i want the non ripped denim now too!

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
  2. einstine

einstine Senior member

What size did you get? Have to wait until Monday and try mine out. Not really into skinny jeans anymore, I try to go for a more slim style. I thought you grabbed more JE pieces then me :D so I was thinking you had them.

3. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

These are a 28. I haven't really bought many jeans lately. Denim is my weekend clothing so I don't really get much time to wear what I have. I do want the white skittles though. I have the grey ones and really like the unique factor of them.

4. srizvi722

srizvi722 Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Black and grey >>>> but dune aiight

5. jtj48

jtj48 Senior member

Yeah, picked up a pair recently. Love 'em -- the coloring is noticeable, but it's nice somehow.

6. dcvm1979

dcvm1979 Senior member

@srizvi722
    I get the feeling I'm gonna feel the same way about the dune pigtail...like ehh...its okay but not a must..im thinking I shoulda just kept it classic with the black..i have the olive from last season. Which is dope...ive been on the fence since I ordered..will see when it arrives

1 person likes this.
  7. grantmason6882

grantmason6882 Senior member

Just got my Sienna's in and they are absolutely amazing. I agree with @Jbidwal about the details that were put into the denim, it's the stuff that you can only pick up on in person, and makes a huge difference in my opinion. I know a lot of people aren't feelin the knee rips, but given the fact that these are replicated selvage with 3 years of wear and tear, I vibe with it. Easily my favorite pair of JE denim released thus far.

Also gotta give credit where credit is due...Thanks @MIKE_JE for the 3 years of work you put into these, I appreciate you bro.

3 people like this.
  8. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Senior member

More pics never hurt :D

9. NikeOG

NikeOG Senior member

Anyone cop the pocket tee?

10. GBlue

GBlue Senior member

Sorry if this has been asked before:
    Are the "Natural" colours closer to white, cream, or washed clay?

11. ddcddd

ddcddd Member

Have they ever made a flash dual zip black with black zippers instead of silver? I find black zippers look way better than the silver ones.

12. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Senior member

Speaking of dual zips...looks like more colors coming soon
    Dune?
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
  13. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Senior member

14. Angel of Death

Angel of Death Senior member

is JE doing women's clothing line? or just strictly for model shots?

15. boxdok

boxdok Senior member

^ Those look quite a bit more dirty from the pair of springs I have. Im guessing its the filter

16. reydogg23

reydogg23 Senior member

I bought a charcoal flash dual on Grailed and didnt realize how slim these are. I'm a large in villians and feel like I might need an XL in the flash duals. Gotta try it on again and see how I feel. Do you guys size the same for these vs other hoodies?

17. grantmason6882

grantmason6882 Senior member

The flash zip's template is like the villains. Sizing revolves around your own personal aesthetic, and body type. For future reference, I recommend you do the research and look at the sizing charts JE provides on their website.

18. JR918

JR918 Senior member

I wear the same size in both Villian and Flash dual. Give it some wear because they stretch a little but it's really preference of fit.

19. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

Anyone get their pullover in yet? Curious to see thoughts and pics. I hope I can get a small somewhere. Didn't think they would be super limited like this.