1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. rs1398

rs1398 Well-Known Member

I hope Mike isn't pissed we think "his" jeans are overpriced...

2. rbroseph

rbroseph Senior member

Well the harlots have paint on them as well. They have minor different distressing but the fade is almost the same, just on a different colored weft on the denim and a bit more intense. Must be hype for sure.

3. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

I'm sure it wasn't cheap for them to replicate a pair of jeans in a new wash. Without knowing the process to get that look you can't really knock the price. The other washes aren't replicas of worn in jeans.

4. Bubbag23

Bubbag23 Member

I'm guessing the $100 premium of the Siena vs the Harlot stems from the more labor-intensive process it in producing "authentic vintage wear" in Siena. Looks great, but harder to justify for people who already have Harlots

5. rbroseph

rbroseph Senior member

It'd be nice to at least see Mike's pair they replicated after 3 years, we only got to see them 16 months in.

6. hidenori

hidenori Member

Can you help me what size to get on the pigtails if my villain size is small? Thank you! It seems that dune has the only extra small.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
  7. grantmason6882

grantmason6882 Senior member

Haha, I don't think it's all hype. I think there was a lot of time and effort placed into the design and finish of the product. I purchased a pair, so they already have my money (For the time being) however I just want a little insight as to why this is their highest priced pair of denim.

Not coming at them with any intent of disrespect or heat, just honestly curious about the process and reasoning.

8. Marco Storari

Marco Storari Senior member

Small

1 person likes this.
  9. jl710

jl710 Senior member

LOL, did you miss the point of that? I just said JE is pricing their releases based on hype, like FOG, and the Siena are priced too high. Someone asked why I think they're priced too high because compared to SLP they're not too bad. SLP & FOG is hype, JE isn't bad yet, 355 on springs? That's a price I'm more than happy to pay.

10. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

The Siena jeans are a 1 for 1 replica of 3 year worn raw denim. The distressing and details went into the pricing. Similarly the Sail pullover is an intricate pattern - that is to say it isn't just color blocked but each of those panels is sewn together from a seperate piece of technical fabric. We don't mark up certain products higher than others based on anything but cost.

2 people like this.
  11. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Senior member

I think after $400 it's hype pricing. The denim pricing is all over the place. Doesn't make sense that they could make smaller runs of very intricate jeans (Hanoi, mr p) and some how make them cheaper unless hey took a hit on those jeans.

12. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Senior member

No disrespect but how is the Bianca more than the Doha?

13. grantmason6882

grantmason6882 Senior member

Much appreciated for the reply @MIKE_JE

14. jl710

jl710 Senior member

That's why I justified buying them anyway. I'm sure I'll be keeping them. I was excepting coba pricing before the instagram posts.

15. Vinneo

Vinneo Senior member

The denim I can see reasons for the premium, who knows but it's possible that the process of making them is more labor intensive.

The Pullover though? That's a tough one. It's made of polyester and if it is indeed manufactured in China, maybe it's not, but $600 seems off. But as somebody said before, value is determined by what buyers are willing to pay, not by sum cost of materials and manufacture and advertising etc.

16. jl710

jl710 Senior member

Yeah I agree. Over 450 imo though.

17. peter1234930

peter1234930 Senior member

Everyone is complaining about the price but if items keep selling out, of course prices will keep rising. You're leaving money on the table if customers are willing to pay more. Can't fault JE for smart business. Speak with your wallet.

18. raulishere

raulishere Senior member

[​IMG]

"The distressing and details went into the pricing." :nodding:

1 person likes this.
  19. jl710

jl710 Senior member

delete

20. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

^ not all visible by comparing 1:1 images. Multiple repairs on the Siena, different denim.

1 person likes this.