1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. peter1234930

peter1234930 Senior member

I have the jacquard thumper and I have to agree. Very traditional jean jacket fit with the wider body and roomy sleeves. Looks a little cropped on the model cause he's 6' 2".

Alight I may have been exaggerating a lil bit, but I find it a lot easier to justify splurging on a nice jacket or denim that will last versus tees which inevitably where the pits will discolor, collars will stretch out, bottom hems will billow.

2. jstrath406

jstrath406 Senior member

Is it something you can size down on? It does say an oversized fit in the description. I'm normally a medium in everything, but I'm 5'10" as opposed to the 6'2" model wearing medium and it's barely cropped (if at all) on him.

3. jl710

jl710 Senior member

Cobas & Mrp Curve. Peeled most of the paint off & took out the patch. Much better now, favorite pair yet.
    Comparison w Springs someone asked for.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Senior member

Peeled the paint off????

5. boxdok

boxdok Senior member

I asked this before but does anyone know if the rip on the thigh for the cobs gradually blows out or do they stay the same. I already know the knees blow out.

6. jl710

jl710 Senior member

Yeah, they peeled off easy but couldn't get all of it. Mine have very small, subtle splatters still.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
  7. JR918

JR918 Senior member

I just purchased a pair today because I agree they always look great in stock photos. I will post about them asap.

8. Jasonronn

Jasonronn Senior member

speaking on these, anyone that knows where to find a pair under retail please PM me. pretty sure theyh were on discount everywhere during black friday, but recent shots I've seen makes me want to pull the trigger

9. JR918

JR918 Senior member

If anyone wears a size 29 I noticed there's a new pair of Springs on eBay at discount.

10. Bimmer93

Bimmer93 Senior member

I think I saw a couple cardigans that were identical at Ann Taylor / LOFT. Full women's size run.

3 people like this.
  11. detroit313

detroit313 Senior member

Even with all this new stuff, I still want the kake in more colors lol...

12. walt143JE

walt143JE Well-Known Member

Yes, you can size down, however I like wearing my Thumper as a top layer over several other layers. I have a 5/XXl in the piece and it works great and fits my shoulders best (I wear 5 in u neck/classic crew/flash dual zip and a 4 in Anti Expo/Mercer Half Zip/Raglan Raw Edge Hoodie). I'm really tall, so I was surprised when the jacket didn't have a cropped fit on me, but keep in mind I also wear it in the largest size. I think if I wanted a slimmer more cropped fit I could have squeezed into the Xl, but my shoulders might have been a bit snug. Personally, I think TTS is a safe bet.

13. leclutchjames

leclutchjames Senior member

14. JR918

JR918 Senior member

Any word on when these updated versions will drop?

15. leFLOPjames

leFLOPjames Senior member

If you're planning on layering a hoodie underneath the thumper (recommended) believe it or not but you may have to size up. I had to size up to an XL in it, my first XL in anything JE. Don't fall for the "oversized" trap and size down, you'll almost certainly have to exchange it

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
  16. Marco Storari

Marco Storari Senior member

17. datriz

datriz Well-Known Member

I wear medium in pretty much everything JE (minus anti-expo, small) and I can def layer hoodies under the thumpers. 5'8 160

I own the 7.5 black thumper in a medium and the fits fantastic. True Medium. I also have the Mr. Porter Thumper and it's noticeably larger. I know it supposed to be same sizing on all thumpers, but I question it.

One of these days i'm gonna measure em.

2 people like this.
  18. bmb1243

bmb1243 Member

Anyone know if the white cropped denim is coming back (no rips, no paint, no skittles)? Summer staple.

1 person likes this.
  19. l0ftykeith

l0ftykeith Well-Known Member

Should I size up on the boucle sweater? I usually size up on villain/clash/crewnecks. Or should I go tts on the boucle?

20. Ryan Chando

Ryan Chando Well-Known Member

Not quite, was just about to pull the trigger on the LS Button up in blue/green and it went OOS. Anyone know when retailers are going to start getting pieces from Season 9?