• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

leFLOPjames

Reaction score
I like the vest but seems to be overpriced (but clearly not for some as it is already sold out in my size). Flannel is cool but too basic for me, I prefer the ones with the tail detailing and the suede or leather yoke. Couldn't buy even if I liked it as - surprise, sold out. More $ for me

Jackbb

Reaction score
Just got an Oversized Cropped Hoodie and feeling pretty disappointed by the quality and fit. I've been pretty happy with the terry quality on the Villain and Rue but the OSCH fabric feels flimsy to the touch and the weave is messy. I know inspiration behind Season 7 was grunge and the hoodie is intended to look worn overtime but the stitching and fabric feels just cheap.

Sizing is another problem. Being 'oversized' I thought there was no need to size up like in Villain. When worn TTS there is not draping in the shoulders and the hem is not loose like on the JE webstore.

Hood still uber cool though

Any chance you copped from Revolve on sale?
i grabbed an S in the washed navy (i'm usually between S and M depending on the brand)
Its my first JE piece so i can't comment on how i was expecting it to fit as i had no comparison to go with, but overall after briefly trying it on before washing it as instructed i have to say i like the fit overall.
It actually fits pretty snug but looks looser than it is, im very happy that the elastic at the bottom is loose as displayed on the model, as my biggest apprehension with ordering S in sweats is the elastic at the bottom being too tight and causing the piece to bunch up.

Secondprize

Reaction score

But Whyyyyyyyyyyy

i guess the lapel situation is questionable, but i had no idea it was so hated on. def think it could be improved by using wool or some non-terry (esque) material. anyway, thanks for the feedback.

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i guess the lapel situation is questionable, but i had no idea it was so hated on. def think it could be improved by using wool or some non-terry (esque) material. anyway, thanks for the feedback.

If you're looking for something similar with maybe a better cut, you could try the Robert geller Richard jacket, there's a lot of love for it on the geller SF thread

Bimmer93

Reaction score
I'm surprised at how many people are super price sensitive in here. Yes, at a certain point the prices can go overboard but I think most items have been priced fairly. If $20 in either direction is make or break, probably shouldn't be buying in the first place. How can you justify a $228 hoodie but a $248 flannel is outrageous? Similarly, the Supreme comparisons are just dumb. Who cares if you can get a flannel for $100. There is a difference between quality and slapping a brand on a Champion sweatshirt.

Last edited:

513wildcat

Reaction score
Has anybody seen any other sites get skittles in a 28? I'm just seeing 29 everywhere.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm surprised at how many people are super price sensitive in here. Yes, at a certain point the prices can go overboard but I think most items have been priced fairly. If $20 in either direction is make or break, probably shouldn't be buying in the first place. How can you justify a $228 hoodie but a $248 flannel is outrageous? Similarly, the Supreme comparisons are just dumb. Who cares if you can get a flannel for $100. There is a difference between quality and slapping a brand on a Champion sweatshirt.

the difference is how unique it is. JE hoodies are different from what is available in the market in terms of features and fit and colors (although there are lots of imitators now like that zara one a few pages back). but the flannel is just a shirt with no special cut or extended length or anything that makes it unique to JE. on top of that, the buttons are crap and not what i expected from a 250 flannel. im not comparing this flannel to gap or jcrew for flannels at like $60, but for 250 i would expect a little more in terms of the particular fabric or buttons used. even JE tee's have a unique cut and fabric and hand. can't really say the fabric of the flannel is very special, but i do like the color palate chosen

full disclosure - as much as i hate on the flannel, i will likely keep the maroon flannel i have

leFLOPjames

Reaction score
the difference is how unique it is. JE hoodies are different from what is available in the market in terms of features and fit and colors (although there are lots of imitators now like that zara one a few pages back). but the flannel is just a shirt with no special cut or extended length or anything that makes it unique to JE. on top of that, the buttons are crap and not what i expected from a 250 flannel. im not comparing this flannel to gap or jcrew for flannels at like $60, but for 250 i would expect a little more in terms of the particular fabric or buttons used. even JE tee's have a unique cut and fabric and hand. can't really say the fabric of the flannel is very special, but i do like the color palate chosen

full disclosure - as much as i hate on the flannel, i will likely keep the maroon flannel i have
The buttons are complete trash at the price point. I really don't care about paying that much, have done it many times, but at least make the shirt really quality like most JE stuff is (riri snaps would have been great). It's around 400 bucks Canadian $ so for that price I would hope the shirt is extremely unique or at least of great quality or fabrication. It's cool it's just not for me, not everyone has the same preferences shocking I know.

Bimmer93

Reaction score

Despite uniqueness, etc. $248 is not really all that much for a flannel. There are many other similar brands that have similarly basic pieces that are charging far more. Elder statesman has most of their flannels at $375 - $500. Are they unique? Innovative? Many SLP items are unique or just done much better than other brands, but you're then looking at $750 - $1000+. I think for the brand, quality, and stylistic appea, JE is still on the very affordable, attainable end. But, I do realize that a large number of people on this thread are making the jump from crap like Zara, topman, etc which would probably instill a little price shock.

leFLOPjames

Reaction score
Despite uniqueness, etc. $248 is not really all that much for a flannel. There are many other similar brands that have similarly basic pieces that are charging far more. Elder statesman has most of their flannels at $375 - $500. Are they unique? Innovative? Many SLP items are unique or just done much better than other brands, but you're then looking at $750 - $1000+. I think for the brand, quality, and stylistic appea, JE is still on the very affordable, attainable end. But, I do realize that a large number of people on this thread are making the jump from crap like Zara, topman, etc which would probably instill a little price shock.
Why do other people's preferences bother you so much? Saying that the 25 cent buttons on a 400 dollar flannel are a breaking point for some of us is not some crazy 'price shock' coming from 'cheap customers making the jump from Zara etc', it's simply something that I and others think was necessary on this piece. I'm used to buying expensive clothing, including SLP, CP, high end designers whatever. One of the reasons I love JE is it is cheaper than many of the high end designers but it still has all of the quality and then some and also manufactured in LA.

I realize that the piece being simple it has good appeal and lasting qualities and ppl will love it. Allowed to have certain qualms with a piece for **** sakes brah!... it's perfectly fine to voice concerns about something especially since most of the overshirts JE has released have at the least had RiRi snaps which are fantastic. Don't be such a stan ;) :)

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised the buttons of all things are getting so much attention. The button quality isn't much different than whats used on my $750 SLP flannels. The buttons work with what the shirt is. Personally, I never liked the riri snap buttons as they aren't really used for shirts.

Bertdinner2

Reaction score

i think the issue most people have, or at least my issue, is when the prices of new JE are out of wack with older JE without any real justification for it. i understand that they have evolved and become a bigger brand but i really thought they filled a nice void between basic mall brands and high end fashion. it was always a reasonable price point for high end clothes but now they seem to be headed towards more high end fashion house prices which is their perogative, just not for me. and im not even saying that always happens, i think most of the stuff is priced good but some stuff like the jeans just seems to creep up a bit each season. i swear they started at like 2 something now we are up to 500.

leFLOPjames

Reaction score
I'm surprised the buttons of all things are getting so much attention. The button quality isn't much different than whats used on my $750 SLP flannels. The buttons work with what the shirt is. Personally, I never liked the riri snap buttons as they aren't really used for shirts.
Personally, I love the RiRi snaps on the JE overshirts I own. Particularly, these buttons have actually fallen off/come undone or untied on a few of the shirts that I own which is annoying, and would definitely annoy me on a 400 dollar shirt.

Secondly, the price did not even bother me but when I take into account the quality of the shirt, the buttons did annoy me.

I actually would much rather have paid more for this flannel with back tail hem detail, and a suede or leather yoke which I thought looked awesome. Loved the design of the old 41 O/S a lot more than this one, and of course it was priced accordingly.

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the buttons are an issue because they have used better buttons in the past, look at the 2 layer military shirts.

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not saying like the shirt or be happy with the price. Just saying for what the shirt is, the buttons are fine. For normal sewn on buttons, they are on par with other high end brands. they are not cheap zara buttons that will crumble.

I was the first one to say its generic. I'm ok with a normal cut, etc but I do like different fabrics, texture, etc. As for the riri snaps, on one of my shirts that had them, it actually got loose and the snap wouldn't hold as well as it should have. There is really no way to fix that.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads