• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i have that problem ordering off of barneys. they always reject my card online and make me call in for security purposes. so end up just ordering directly over the phone. super annoying and has happened multiple times

leFLOPjames

Reaction score
Are you Canadian? I had so many issues ordering off Saks. My order would "timeout" as they call it wnd autocancel even though they would authorize my PayPal account. I had it happen 4 times before I just gave up
Yeah. It's sad how horrible it is, and the people handling customer service do not care. Twice I was told that a manager would call me back and they never did. I called in and the lady said they were busy. I said no problem I can wait, still nothing after 2 days. Called back in again and expressed my concern and was given a half-ass explanation that I would be unable to buy anything regardless, so the manager wouldn't even want to talk to me as it would be pointless. Their level of non-concern for providing a solid customer experience is unmatched in my years of buying things online. I can't even get to that part you mentioned.

I'll never shop there now tbh. It's 2016 and they can't even get a website to work for international customers. Not to mention they wouldn't even take my order over the phone, they simply do not want to make sales. AFAIK, it's been like this for a long time (for intl customers), for years and years.

seraphm2

Reaction score

Yeah. It's sad how horrible it is, and the people handling customer service do not care. Twice I was told that a manager would call me back and they never did.  I called in and the lady said they were busy.  I said no problem I can wait, still nothing after 2 days.  Called back in again and expressed my concern and was given a half-ass explanation that I would be unable to buy anything regardless, so the manager wouldn't even want to talk to me as it would be pointless. Their level of non-concern for providing a solid customer experience is unmatched in my years of buying things online. I can't even get to that part you mentioned.

I'll never shop there now tbh.  It's 2016 and they can't even get a website to work for international customers. Not to mention they wouldn't even take my order over the phone, they simply do not want to make sales. AFAIK, it's been like this for a long time (for intl customers), for years and years.

Yea they're pretty bad. Each time my order failed I had to call in and wait on hold for manager to cancel the authorization on PayPal. I placed an order through my CC eventually and that went through. That order ended getting lost somewhere in transit from Saks to Borderfree. They offered me a 10% discount as compensation which is ridiculous, since I receive 10% off promotions nearly every month. What pissed me off the most was i got an absolute STEAL on a swarm jacket. Safe to say I'll NEVER give them my business going forward. Horrible logistics and horrible customer service.

Last edited:

gerg99

Reaction score
0.jpg

Nice video from GQ Best Menswear Designers
Congrat to the whole JE team!

Looks like we will be seeing some great pieces from JE x Gap soon

Glad I got that flight jacket
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Dope! Nice to see they took him on for another run... probably an easy look on Gap / GQs side

Everyone been talkin about black denim from JE but tbh I've been considering letting my own Neros go so I can keep my Plumas or even cop a pair of lightly used Springs for the low. It's definitely an awesome piece don't get me wrong, but if I can live without having the knee rips, I think I'd much rather have a cheaper pair of black Acne denim (which are super dope for anyone looking for a high quality pair for a pretty reasonable price), and be able to keep a JE wash that I couldn't necessarily find anywhere else. There's a couple places I could name that offer a great pair of black denim but none that offer the same kind of washes JE does

niyengar

Reaction score

Dope! Nice to see they took him on for another run... probably an easy look on Gap / GQs side

Everyone been talkin about black denim from JE but tbh I've been considering letting my own Neros go so I can keep my Plumas or even cop a pair of lightly used Springs for the low. It's definitely an awesome piece don't get me wrong, but if I can live without having the knee rips, I think I'd much rather have a cheaper pair of black Acne denim (which are super dope for anyone looking for a high quality pair for a pretty reasonable price), and be able to keep a JE wash that I couldn't necessarily find anywhere else. There's a couple places I could name that offer a great pair of black denim but none that offer the same kind of washes JE does

Grabbed some springs for the low yesterday, can't wait to get them in

tjonesd2

Reaction score
How does JE denim fit compared to Acne Ace or Max? I know a lot of people in this thread have to own both

Bimmer93

Reaction score
How does JE denim fit compared to Acne Ace or Max? I know a lot of people in this thread have to own both
JE fits pretty similar initially to my Acne Ace in Used Cash Black. The Acne have a slightly larger hem, that gives more of a cigarette leg look versus a slightly sharper taper on JE. The Acne tend to be a bit softer and a higher level of stretch, but they also retain their shape a bit better than my JE denim. After about 10 wears of my Springs, they need to be shrunken down or altered or they are baggy and falling off. Whereas I've worn my Acnes 20+ times and they have stretched to be more comfortable, but still fit quite snug.

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of Saks, I've been unable to checkout with the anti expo tee for weeks and weeks and am getting an "error in the checkout process". I've spoken with many people at Saks and overall it's been a horrible experience and am unable to buy the shirt. They won't even take my order manually. I was begging them to take my money, and they wouldn't do it. (Was also going to include more stuff in the order). Please restock them at JE website

notre-shop has them. I don't know if they ship to Canada but worth a shot.

InsulinJunkie

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
JE fits pretty similar initially to my Acne Ace in Used Cash Black. The Acne have a slightly larger hem, that gives more of a cigarette leg look versus a slightly sharper taper on JE. The Acne tend to be a bit softer and a higher level of stretch, but they also retain their shape a bit better than my JE denim. After about 10 wears of my Springs, they need to be shrunken down or altered or they are baggy and falling off. Whereas I've worn my Acnes 20+ times and they have stretched to be more comfortable, but still fit quite snug.

My Springs in 29 stretched out so much that they are sitting, waiting to find a new phone. I am a 30-31 in other dress pants (Adriano Goldschmied mostly worn for work), have some alterations done, but take a 28 in John Elliott denim. I'm 5'11" and 155 lbs.

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My Springs in 29 stretched out so much that they are sitting, waiting to find a new phone. I am a 30-31 in other dress pants (Adriano Goldschmied mostly worn for work), have some alterations done, but take a 28 in John Elliott denim. I'm 5'11" and 155 lbs.

some of my 28's are starting to feel too loose now. My 29 spring and odeon are also way too big now. I just wear a belt for those now.

Last edited:

gerg99

Reaction score
notre-shop has them. I don't know if they ship to Canada but worth a shot.
good looks man, copped my maroon anti expo. got my hands on those maroon pharrell NMDs so it's time to build up that palette for the fall haha. been considering pulling the trigger on saks but they marked it up quite a bit so it came out 5 bucks cheaper at notre.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads