1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Enexde96

Enexde96 Senior member

Yeah, ended up passing on everything here. I didn't even realize Coba was going to have paint splatters and I'm more interested in the pullover anorak than the parka I think.

I will not tolerate anyone BM'ing my Oreo Mcflurry denim though. If you got a problem come see me [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
  2. barrettdudley

barrettdudley Senior member

Get the Aces man, the Doha is terrible. I think John has been paying a little too much attention to DSquared2.

JE denim is awesome, the washes are great, but I'm ready for some jeans with no rips and no paint splatter.

4 people like this.
  3. marcus-chi

marcus-chi Senior member

jacket is cool, but I actually mistook the straps seen in the lookbook as part of the jacket. Apparently thats a bag or something the model was wearing. I thought it was dope detail at first. A $600 spring jacket without a hood though? Na, I'll have to pass on that especially since I picked up the washed raincoat from last year.

1 person likes this.
  4. peter1234930

peter1234930 Senior member

I dig it. Already have too much gray and black in my closet so I'm going to hold out for blue/gray/white jackets instead.

1 person likes this.
  5. Brad Pitt

Brad Pitt Member

I'm a huge fan of JE and literally everything he's put out in the past few seasons I could see myself wearing. However, the colourful expo t shirts, paneled details on the shorts/jacket, and the awkward fit of the raschel tee I'm just not feeling. Not to mention the copious amount of paint splatters for all the jeans. I'm trying really hard to like this season's releases, but it's doing nothing for me.

1 person likes this.
  6. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Senior member

It's interesting to me that the coba costs $428 & the Mr. P destroyed denim cost $385. Looks to me that the both have a similar amount of work/distressing. The MrP even had patches, but somehow was less. [​IMG]

7. 513wildcat

513wildcat Active Member

S/O to the 10% off when you sign up for the newsletter mine came out to $385

8. dcvm1979

dcvm1979 Senior member

Man these mock necks look WEAK..not feeling them at all ..i like the fabric tho but that neck is not rocking I don't consider myself big by no means necessary I'm 5'8 155-160 ..i like the direction of the brand just not for me hopefully coming in another style tee..if not money saved just my opinion

1 person likes this.
  9. peter1234930

peter1234930 Senior member

I wish JE would have some product shots with average height models. They used to have that blonde guy with the long hair who was 5' 10" IIRC. It makes it a lot easier to judge the fit of items when the model is your height.

10. leclutchjames

leclutchjames Senior member

These models are average height

For models

Really it's about reading the measurements and knowing your body.

You can also get a feel if you have other products that have measurements listed online somewhere.

Get to know your body sometime. It's makes this online thing pretty simple 99.9 percent of the time

1 person likes this.
  11. japejapejape

japejapejape Senior member

JE starting off slow
    going through the lookbook again...looks to be a weak season.
    not a big deal though..my wardrobe gets very basic and simple when the warmer months come.
    tshirt and jeans will do.
    would love to see some linen button down shirts

cant wait for FW17 show though

1 person likes this.
  12. leFLOPjames

leFLOPjames Senior member

Agree with leclutch, I have no issue picking my correct size and desired fit in anything. All about the material composition and the fit on the model, and knowing your body. Have never sent anything back due to sizing and I have tons of pieces ranging from M to XL in everything from tees to jackets. Only thing I've ever sized wrong on was the denim and it was my first pair of JE.

13. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Senior member

I agree with @leclutchjames, its more complex than just the height of the model. You also have to take into consideration the torso to leg ratio. I'm 5'10 and have relatively long legs compared to my torso length. When I wear the new JE denim I have pretty minimal stacking, my best friend that is 6'1 has far shorter legs than I do and has a decent amount of staking for the same jeans. I think if they use the same model for the product shots consistently and you know how your body compares to them, then you can make informed decisions. Like I know Adonis always is styled in a medium top (no matter how big it might look on him) and size 29 jeans. So if a medium looks huge on him I might size down from a small to an xs, but if a medium looks tight or regular on him I generally stick with small. The size charts are also key. If you hate that advice you could also look at other retailers hat use shorter models. IIRC Roder gray and notre uses shorter models.

14. grantmason6882

grantmason6882 Senior member

[​IMG]

Anyone know if these are F/W 2016 Skittles or this gonna be some new denim?

15. srizvi722

srizvi722 Senior member

The tee was surprisingly better priced than I thought. Price on the sashimi sashiko tee from last season made me believe this Tee would be $250 as mentioned by another user. Anywho, figured I'd give the tee a try bc they look pretty nice. Got both M and S, sizing effing me over with these new JE items, but looks like a small may work better

16. dmill

dmill Senior member

Agreed w/ alot of above posts regarding this season. I knew when I saw the show there would be a majority that I'm not feeling. The Raschel is sooo close, but the darn neck makes it look off. I thought JE would pass on doing the mock necks after how bad the Mock Neck pullover sold. They do have the fabrics and textures game down strong, but the rips and the holes and the splatters and the patches and certain tweaks just make stuff not wearable IMO.

1 person likes this.
  17. srizvi722

srizvi722 Senior member

But the mock neck pullover was really ugly haha. And the mock neck on these tees seem more subtle than the pullover, that ish almost looked like a turtleneck. This tee looks cool, let's see if I can work with the mock neck or not. I'll update my thoughts when it comes in.
    And re to the jeans, they look dope on the site, probably not so much wearing it out in person.

18. leFLOPjames

leFLOPjames Senior member

the mock neck pullover was a dope pickup for 50 bucks actually. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it sucked. That's simply your opinion.

Interested in seeing pics of the raschel @ sri. What colour did you cop?

19. walt143JE

walt143JE Well-Known Member

Try being 6'7" with an athletic build! Pants are such a struggle, I have completely given up on JE denim, but the sweats and everything else are [​IMG] great

20. srizvi722

srizvi722 Senior member

Ended up getting all 3, depending on how they fit, I'll end up keeping max 2. And if I'm not feeling the neck on me, I'll most likely end up sending them all back, unless my wife wants to keep one.