1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Mackp12

Mackp12 Senior member

@turnip is the dude who got offered a 15% code or a full refund for a faulty product and wasn't happy with either... so just ignore what he has to say.

2 people like this.
  2. malcolm4819

malcolm4819 Senior member

Dude purchased a hoodie in late 2015 and a year later realizes a tear at a seam. Asked JE for compensation. JE said no with a reasonable explanation.

Your saying people bullied him? Multiple members advised him to seek a tailor which is sound advice but that wasnt the answer he wanted so he cried some more.

1 person likes this.
  3. grantmason6882

grantmason6882 Senior member

1.) He purchased the hoodie from a different retailer....
    2.) The hoodie was purchased over a year ago. It doesn't matter how well the item was taken care of; time, is time.

You can't expect businesses (Even Luxury) to coddle every customer's demand. Honestly, I don't even know why this needs to be explained. If I purchased a gucci belt from Ebay (Brand new, with tags) and it breaks after 6 months...and I go into a gucci store and demand a replacement or refund...how do you think that is gonna go?

1 person likes this.
  4. Vinneo

Vinneo Senior member

Think he has a right to be upset at the seam rip after a year, nobody here would be happy with that. Shouldn't expect a company to replace it though.

Best policy is to spend 60 secs checking seams and stress points when you buy an item.

1 person likes this.
  5. optimaasprime

optimaasprime Senior member

Pretty clean

6. Sharkiex

Sharkiex Well-Known Member

Does anybody have oversized cropped hoodie or mercer half zips in Washed colors size M theyre looking to move? Will buy asap

7. turnip

turnip Well-Known Member

To be honest, I dont think the whole hoodie should be replaced so long after purchase either, but a coupon doesn't sound unreasonable in order to keep a customer happy and coming back. I also think its wrong for people to tell them not to even post here with their concerns and saying theyre "crying", or that its unreasonable to be upset with a $200 hoodie forming holes within a few wears. In addition, its not unreasonable to expect repair or replacement from high end brands even if you purchased second-hand. For example, I have a vintage (roughly 20 years old) duffle coat from Burberry I received passed down from a family member, and they have been very willing to replace broken or missing parts at no charge and without hesitation.
    that's a straight up lie. I accepted the refund and was sent a coupon (not what i asked for), all after being blocked by JE on instagram for bringing up the problem there first in a kind and reasonable way. I then came to styleforum to confront them publicly after being given the runaround, where they called me a lier when I said what they did. Also, thanks for proving my point about bullying, because if making lies up to silence someone isn't bullying I don't know what is

1 person likes this.
  8. detroit313

detroit313 Senior member

Yea Restocks app. Looking for alternatives to the app tho because my feed doesn't update unless I go and re-search for the brand I'm looking for.

9. Henward

Henward Well-Known Member

10. optimaasprime

optimaasprime Senior member

When John Elliott has been around decades and made hundreds of millions of dollars, they would probably replace little hardware as well.. and when they open up there own retailer shops across the world.

11. japejapejape

japejapejape Senior member

maybe you should go buy hoodies from burberry then

first impressions of the charcoal and natural anti expo...
    not the biggest fan of the natural color. doesn't look nearly as light as the pics on the website.
    not bad but not a great color either. maybe my feelings will change after some wear.
    it's good that JE is doing different colors though.

charcoal is exactly what you expect. great color.
    anti-expo's are goat to me so both will get a lot of wear but still crossing my fingers for white, grey, and black.

12. srizvi722

srizvi722 Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Anti expo tees live up to the hype. Got these in M, which is what I wear in JE. It is larger than expected, but I'm keeping them in this size. I've always been on the skinnier side, but I've lost 15lbs of muscle weight in the past couple months from stress/studying (Used to Gym it 4x/w, now I'm down to 1x every other week if I get lucky), so I'm even skinnier at this time, but I'm gonna have more time to work out after my board exams, so I think I can fill these a little better in a few months. I do plan on getting a size S for future expo releases though. I don't think everyone needs to size down on them, so it's kind of a difficult Tee to purchase, ordering 2 sizes and returning the one that doesn't work is probably your best bet.
    Crewneck Sweatshirts are nice and basic. There's nothing negative to say about it. Returning both the ones I got because I'd rather put that money towards something else.

1 person likes this.
  13. leit96

leit96 Senior member

DONT hate on JE. Bitches say hoodie bad! Fix it! I come here for FIT. PICS.

14. japejapejape

japejapejape Senior member

then just click on the "recent images in this thread" to the right and shut up.
    this is a discussion board. people are going to discuss things.

15. turnip

turnip Well-Known Member

I was replying to a post saying you can't even expect that level of service from a luxury retailer the size of gucci, which is just completely false, as I proved. anyway are you really trying to tell me a 10% coupon (what I said I think a reasonable solution is for a company this size, and what the customer wanted) on a future purchase is unreasonable? It's the same discount they advertise to new customers, probably because they still profit and know it will likely lead to further purchases. Why wouldn't it be reasonable to offer that discount in order to keep a current customer? It's in their best interest as a company

*edited for clarity, missing word

Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
  16. leit96

leit96 Senior member

Look at what I wrote and guess if it was serious or blatantly stupid on purpose.

17. Crshngdwn

Crshngdwn Senior member

Might be a dumb question, but will there be a restock on the dark grey flash dual zip? It seems like a mainline item, but I'm not sure if they're focusing on other styles for this season.

18. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

Your prob a true small anyway at your current weight. I'm prob a true xs tbh now. I think if you are lean, go with the smaller size. Everyone else can go true to size. My small looks similar to yours but I don't plan on wearing it alone. It works well for layers.

1 person likes this.
  19. dcvm1979

dcvm1979 Senior member

@optimaasprime..thanks bro bro
    @srizvi722....i don't think the shirts look bad at all I believe u can pull it off...also about the crewneck...i thought we were not able to return..something like a final sale...i could be wrong tho...stay kushed...

1 person likes this.
  20. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Senior member

How's th length on the crew neck sweatshirts compared to the washed crew neck sweatshirts?