1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

The NFL is pure greed. SD was wronged. The money spent to move could have been used to build in SD. They only cared about the value of the team. They won't fit in LA so you can at least take comfort in that.

2 people like this.
  2. Marco Storari

Marco Storari Senior member

3. Mackp12

Mackp12 Senior member

Easy pass on anything in the kelly green colour for me

4. malcolm4819

malcolm4819 Senior member

My black villain still has a place in my wardrobe but not feeling these bright colors. Just not my thing.

1 person likes this.
  5. srizvi722

srizvi722 Senior member

At least royal blue looked decent online. Green is just awful. But then again, I normally just wear blacks, greys and whites. Colors really aren't my thing. Always like FW >> SS.

1 person likes this.
  6. srizvi722

srizvi722 Senior member

I would have been game for this color green
    [​IMG]

7. grantmason6882

grantmason6882 Senior member

Season 7 was dope though, because it still stuck with a muted color palette. I'm not one for peacocking my threads, I just rely on fit and textures honestly. Until the lookbook drops, I'm passing on the whole season.

1 person likes this.
  8. Mikeisonfire

Mikeisonfire Senior member

Unpopular opinion:
    I love wearing color. This has been my favorite JE season to date, the playful tones are great for summer. I never thought we'd get these loud colors from JE and I'm glad it's happening.
    Kelly green is fire.

2 people like this.
  9. arpman41

arpman41 Senior member

Bro that's such an overstatement, just because they release some bright colors doesnt mean they wont release in some muted or greyscale colors later in the season. I personally like how they're experimenting with new colors

Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
  10. grantmason6882

grantmason6882 Senior member

Like I said, i'll wait until the lookbook. No need to stan out.

Edit: I only have so much room in my closet and money I'm willing spend,

11. 973god

973god Senior member

Atleast now I'll have something to wear for St. Patrick's Day.

Sidebar: I hope this comes out in Kake like they had for the runway show, I can't keep buying Villains.

1 person likes this.
  12. royizzle

royizzle Member

Unbelievable horrific response from John Elliott after seeing this on my John Elliott Hooded Villain Hoodie (pictures below). In essence, bought this Hoodie just last year around the holidays. I mean I treated this Hoodie with absolute care, only washed on delicate, and ONLY hang dried. They say this is from normal wear, however I have two other John Elliott hoodies I've worn even more. Basically said that they could not do anything and apologized. Well, there goes $198.00 + to the drain.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. ASpec818

ASpec818 Senior member

That sucks, but I think you can bring it to a tailor and they can restitch it as a last resort.

14. Mikeisonfire

Mikeisonfire Senior member

Last year as in 2016 or 2015?
    In any case, this is an easy fix for a tailor.

15. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Senior member

I'm sure this can be repaired, have you tried taking it to a tailor?

16. royizzle

royizzle Member

2015 holidays going into 2016.. but yeah, I literally babied this hoodie. A hoodie costing this much should not be ripping like this after one year. Pretty sure it's a defect, like I said I own several John Elliott hoodies that I wear more. But John Elliott's response was pretty awful.

17. srizvi722

srizvi722 Senior member

^^eh ish happens sometimes. Everything can't be perfect. I'd be bummed out too. But what can you do. It has been a year since purchase, so you can't really expect a company to do anything about that--if they did, they'd end up like Apple replacing everyone's hoodies as long as it fell within a 12 month period from date of sale. The best thing to do if you don't want to take it to a tailor is maybe to sell it online to someone who doesn't mind doing that, and use that money towards a replacement one. You wouldn't be in that much of a loss.
    Still think JE has the greatest CS I've come across.

And in re to the new colors, it is great JE is coming out with variety, experimenting new colors and all. Just not for me
    I killed my oak yesterday. Thing is a stain magnet, I can never do lighter colors without making a mess out of it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Senior member

What'd you get on it? If it's oil try lestoil. My wife always gets oil on her silk stuff and it works wonders.

1 person likes this.
  19. Mackp12

Mackp12 Senior member

ahhhh that sucks man. Honestly not many companies will do anything for you after a year of wear and tear no matter how much you claim you babied it. On the bright side that will be a cheap and easy fix for the tailor

20. japejapejape

japejapejape Senior member

more money saved

1 person likes this.