1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Senior member

I think you need to take into consideration the pair you're buying. If you get the Odeon, if you hem them you may lose some of the color transition at the bottom (blue to black).if you get neros you'll be alright. Some of the JE denim also have stacks "baked" in, so altering the length could get rid of that, which isn't a huge deal IMO. Even if you don't get them shortened, I think you may still want to consider getting the leg opening of the hem altered. As your waist increases so does the leg opening. Stacks look better with smaller diameter openings, otherwise they don't stack well and just look sloppy

3 people like this.
  2. detroit313

detroit313 Senior member

[​IMG]

Royal blue kake dropping tomorrow.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
  3. tjonesd2

tjonesd2 Senior member

I honestly don't really understand what JE is going for with this nasty royal blue stuff.... does anyone here actually like the color?

2 people like this.
  4. MilesMW

MilesMW Senior member

It's a seasonal color for "watching water" so seems pretty understandable to me.

5. mcnicol21

mcnicol21 Well-Known Member

I really like the royal blue kake .. just don't need another hoodie so I'll be passing

6. Mackp12

Mackp12 Senior member

Royal blue isn't bad but is an easy pass. Trying to be picky this year

7. leFLOPjames

leFLOPjames Senior member

It looks better on the kake than the villain but still a pass. Jade was a lot nicer and the kake in that would be fire. Royal blue is basically a less appealing version of midnight in my eyes.

8. srizvi722

srizvi722 Senior member

Wonder when other colors will be releasing. I'm curious to know how the pink will look on terry (if it will be released in that color)

9. Denim_Connoisseur

Denim_Connoisseur Well-Known Member

I own a Kito, an Alma (similar fit to Escobar) and several Escobar sweatpants and I prefer the Escobar fit.

10. detroit313

detroit313 Senior member

I liked the royal blue in JE pics, then someone posted a fit pic of it and changed my mind.

11. marcus-chi

marcus-chi Senior member

The slow leak release is one thing I hate about JE. I wish they just released everything at once like other brands instead of teasing us like this. So far we have tees, two hoodies, and a denim restock. JE stop playin wit our emotions and release some real stuff!

2 people like this.
  12. mcnicol21

mcnicol21 Well-Known Member

Soft pink kake would be interesting

1 person likes this.
  13. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Senior member

There's a method to their mayhem, there's a good JE interview about their release technique. It's supposed to promote people to buy things that they may have not if all the items released at once. Seems to work well for THEM.

IMO it seems like it results in a lot of impulse buys & people selling stuff at the end of the season

2 people like this.
  14. marcus-chi

marcus-chi Senior member

I thought about that, and I get that from a business perspective totally. I'm speaking like a fan at this point, and as a person that has enough stuff from them not to make impulse buys like that. I definitely have in the past, but now I know better. Plus, I think it's different now than in the past when JE was sold more exclusively through their own website. They have so many retailers now, you're bound to have multiple shots at almost everything.

15. Enexde96

Enexde96 Senior member

Hey, for anyone that owns the flatback thermal shorts in clay would you say the color is really off in these pictures?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Looks pretty accurate to what I thought they looked like in person in my opinion. Might be a tiny bit brighter due to natural light the room, but I'm wondering if I'm going colorblind because I recently sold them to someone and this is the exact message I received:

"Just got the shorts, not happy. The color is nothing close to what's shown in the post. Was considering filing a dispute but i'm just gonna have to leave a bad review."

16. srizvi722

srizvi722 Senior member

I was kinda surprised at how many mainline items/colors dropped within a ~1 week span for FW16 season

17. hoodedknight

hoodedknight Active Member

Do you guys think Johnelliott.com will restock the black high tops? I'm trying to decide if I should cop at $400 or wait for a restock to save 40$.

18. Yoshi

Yoshi Senior member

If this is supposed to be anything like the clay terry sweatshirts, than the color looks completely off to me. It looks more similar to the roses in the background than clay.

19. Enexde96

Enexde96 Senior member

Those roses in the background have a clay color in them though. If you click the picture to get a better look you can see it well in the top-left one

20. MilesMW

MilesMW Senior member

I think their release method is great. Keeps it fresh and exciting to see what's next. Gives you time to wear the new gear before the next drop too. If they dropped everything at once, this thread would go crazy for a couple weeks and then completely die imo. Same could be said about the overall energy and buzz about the brand. I for one hope they never change their release method.

1 person likes this.