1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. krogen

krogen Member

Around 6'0", 160lbs and I lift weights. I tried a medium (my usual tee size) but villain hoodie is tight on me too. Might need to size up to L but the rest of the measurements might be too long.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
  2. Enexde96

Enexde96 Senior member

I'm 6'2" 150 and the sleeves on Medium are too short in my opinion. That's for the maroon flannel though, not the brushed red one so I'm not sure if they are different.

Really wished I sized up tbh because it's impossible to layer a hoodie under the medium as well, but large in the maroon is impossible to find.

tldr: runs small imo

3. japejapejape

japejapejape Senior member

anti expos!

doubling up on the white and will cop the charcoal as well

4. niyengar

niyengar Senior member

The maroon flannel is a great color. I will also echo that it runs slim.

Now that I think about it I haven't even worn it out yet.

5. Bubbag23

Bubbag23 Member

Went TTS on the brushed flannel. Definitely runs slim. It looks great unbuttoned with a layering shirt. But, for my body, is a little too snug if you button it up all the way. It's a thinner, dressier flannel than your classic flannel overshirt (e.g., Pendleton). I would not recommend getting it if you wanted to layer something like a hoodie underneath it since you can get sturdier, roomier, cheaper overshirt options for that purpose

6. jl710

jl710 Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  7. srizvi722

srizvi722 Senior member

I can't believe I never bought an anti expo. Looks like immediate cops for this season. And is it just me, or JE isn't making villainsin bulk anymore, so the seasonal colors might actually sell out and be gone for good?

8. jcenky

jcenky Member

Well, I have Broad shoulders so it doesn't look like the "1990's" when I wear my clothing IMO. I also dont "layer" my clothing, never liked the look, so the extra length helps for how i wear my stuff.

Judging by John's and most of fashion direction as of late, moving away from super slim clothing to a more relaxed tailored fit, you could say I was always ahead of the curve (joke i dont follow fashion like that like some people lol.) But i do like this direction as i was never a fan of super slim clothing.

Pic to help describe what I go for when picking out sizing and such. Everybody is different and likes different fits.

XL Kake Mock
    Medium ACG Woven pants
    Nike x Acronym Prestos (olive/black)
    5'10 175 lbs.

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  9. Enexde96

Enexde96 Senior member

Best sneakers released this year and better than anything from Adidas recently as well. Glad I got my pair haha, they're reselling for 3x the price now and value is only going to go up imo.

1 person likes this.
  10. Mackp12

Mackp12 Senior member

Will be scooping up the white as well! Unsure on charcoal as i have slate already. I need control myself or I will end up with a closet full of anti expos when i already have tons of other JE tees that need to get worn more.

11. Mackp12

Mackp12 Senior member

@jcenky solid fit! so glad i doubled up on the acronym prestos. I have yet to wear them as they aren't the easiest shoe to pull off but glad to see it can be done. Looking forward to busting them out soon.

12. jcenky

jcenky Member

Thanks man, I was very fortunate to grab them off NDC for retail (perks of being at work so early for the 6am release.)

I was very lucky for a close friend to sell me the bamboo pair yesterday for retail, as he didn't like them. The olive is my favorite pair and i have been wearing them a lot so having the bamboo pair now, will help so i dont kill my olive pair. Doubling up at this point is out of the question for me given resale price, especially on the olive pair at this point.

13. marcus-chi

marcus-chi Senior member

slept on the prestos when they first dropped. copped the pink/green ones for $300. should have them in hand tomorrow. hyped!

14. dcvm1979

dcvm1979 Senior member

@jcenky
    Nice fit bro..everybody is different built different just in general move in life different we just all happen to like the brand.....i do like them prestos too

15. detroit313

detroit313 Senior member

I actually was able to find a pair of springs and I also have the indigo terrains on the way, so for sure gonna order the washed black pair to switch it up. Do you guys think the plumas are significantly different than the springs in person? If not then I'm gonna go with MP indigo distressed, but if they are def wanna grab the plumas.

Fit pic is on point.

16. leit96

leit96 Senior member

You boys are saying villains are dead and the royal blue is almost completely sold out the day its released smh

17. Angel of Death

Angel of Death Senior member

So top is MrP washed black and the bottom is Nero's?

18. nepats81

nepats81 Senior member

It's still a great sweatshirt. Congrats to the people that copped

19. dmill

dmill Senior member

Very true its not dead. its a nice sweater and I would have considered copping it if I didn't already have a couple villians. However, it's hard to say how many truly sold since the production quantities are unknown. Its very possible it could have been a small batch. Also it could be going to retailers as well.