1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Senior member

Nice eye, it's the moncler montgenevre, it's like 3-4 years old. They have better models these days honestly, but it's nice because the outer is made of wool, which you don't see often but I'm really delicate with it. So when it's horrible outside I wear a Canada goose chateau (it's a nice jacket just played out)
    http://store.moncler.com/item/index...gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CMSJjcP7g9ECFQuwTwodrRMHbw

Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
  2. detroit313

detroit313 Senior member

Def gonna look into this. I was just thinking the same about my chateau, but I still love it.

3. niyengar

niyengar Senior member

I can't bring myself to buy a CG even though they look pretty nice. There's such a stigma with wearing them on my campus. I'll probably grab a PJs jacket instead. It doesn't even make sense, either. People don't care if you're wearing a more expensive Moncler jacket, it's just the cg patch on the bicep that riles people up.

4. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Senior member

Lol, yeah my wife got it for me as a gift, it's a solid jacket though, it's just so ubiquitous.

5. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Senior member

If you can find this jacket it's pretty solid
    http://shop.wingsandhorns.com/colle...ts/products/wings-horns-x-descente-allterrain

6. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here is the Quentin. It's definitely on the oversized fit. It's fairly long too (this is a xs). Overall it's really light weight. I haven't tested warmth and hoping it actually is warm. The anti expo prob layers really well with it.

7. nepats81

nepats81 Senior member

Looks good.

8. nepats81

nepats81 Senior member

I was thinking about getting one, they are so warm. It $900 is a tough pill to swallow. Maybe I'm better off w a Mackage?

9. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Senior member

It's a tough segment because there is a lot at that price point. I'm not sure how much coverage you need (waist or down to the knee), but I'm a fan of this jacket from isaora (made in Italy and 750 down fill, lifetime guarantee). If you sign up for their emails you get 20% off your first order as well.
    https://www.isaora.com/collections/outerwear/products/metropolis-down-jacket

10. Kde5

Kde5 Active Member

[​IMG]
    My first hoodie from JE. I went with my usual size which is L but i have jacked a bit recently and started to thinking bout picking XL with my clothes. What do u think should i keep it or try to exchange for XL ? I'm 6"1

11. srizvi722

srizvi722 Senior member

Looks good. JE zips always seal the deal on any jacket

12. srizvi722

srizvi722 Senior member

Moncler looks good up there. And yuh, every other person has the CG chateau, cannot believe they jacked up the price so much over the past couple seasons. I remember grabbing onto mine for like $700 or something.

13. nepats81

nepats81 Senior member

I like that jacket a lot...nice lookout. Do you have it? thinking about grabbing it.

14. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Senior member

I don't have it have it, but if they had it in my size I would would have gotten it. I have some sweaters and work out stuff from them and it is great. Also Great customer service. I bought a jacket for my brother and he was really rough with it and one of the shoulder pockets got messed up on something and they replaced it for free.

15. blue2007

blue2007 Senior member

I know I am, but it's not uncommon for stores to still run 20-25% discounts.

16. mcnicol21

mcnicol21 Well-Known Member

I would size up for intended fit

17. wurlwyde

wurlwyde Senior member

Out of curiosity, what's the stigma and what college do you attend?

18. niyengar

niyengar Senior member

U-M and if you wear a cg parka some people instantly assume you're involved in greek life and have a certain type of personality (rude, rich kid, etc., etc.)

3 people like this.
  19. Angel of Death

Angel of Death Senior member

I wouldn't, looks fine.

20. Mikeisonfire

Mikeisonfire Senior member

Keep. Great fit.