1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. jl710

jl710 Senior member

Does anyone have both the loopwheel & flash dual fullzip that can compare the quality? I wouldn't mind spending extra 100 but It doesn't have dual zippers, srsly why doesn't it, & not sure how I feel about those drawstrings.

2. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Senior member

The drawstrings are a significant upgrade.

3. grantmason6882

grantmason6882 Senior member

The fit is more relaxed but just slightly. We're talking a matter of 1-2 centimeters in key areas. The terry cloth itself is significantly better; It's airy, soft, and has a springiness to the fabric. Well worth the mark up IMO

Last edited: Dec 19, 2016
  4. dmill

dmill Senior member

Ya I just returned mine..gonna stick with my villain loopwheel

5. maomaobear

maomaobear Member

I'm surprised more people haven't been sharing their opinions on the new loopwheel stuff. I got my black loopwheel Kake in on Friday, and wore it out that same night. I really love how soft the terry is, and the feeling is more substantial as it is thicker than the normal french terry.

Sizing and fit-wise, I went for my regular size (3/L), and I'm very satisfied with the fit. I personally wouldn't size down since the Kake is already cropped in the body, and it probably would've been too short if I did (for reference, I also wear a 3/L in the villain).

For those of you on the fence, I would strongly recommend picking up one of the loopwheel pieces, as I feel like the quality of the fabric justifies the price increase over the normal collection.

6. timofay

timofay Well-Known Member

Overall thoughts/opinions on quality of Bogota? Got last Black XL from Saks for $270, a little on the fence about it. Any other options I should consider?

7. leFLOPjames

leFLOPjames Senior member

agree with you sri, and dmill what happened, thought you felt it was a dope piece! ?

Just playing - I got the grey one too and I'm returning it as well! Something about it just looks cheap IDK, can't put my finger on it. It does not look like an expensive/classic piece contrary to pretty much every JE terry piece that I own, and it is more expensive than all of them.

Pains me to say but it looks like a sweater you can cop at H&M or something.. I think it's a combination of the white zipper/white drawstrings and just the grey colour in general. Although I do think the LW grey is nicer than the classic grey/dark grey so it's a bit weird why I have that perception.

It sucks because I only own 1 grey JE hoodie (7.5 fleece) and really wanted to keep this one as it would go with a lot of wardrobe and would fill up an essential need (as nsub remarked).

The terry is amazing and so soft so I am exchanging mine for a black one though.

8. nepats81

nepats81 Senior member

do what you want but i think its amazing. Got mine in alpine.

9. nepats81

nepats81 Senior member

i'm on the east coast and still awaiting mine. tracking says they will be here on thursday. Hope its not late because I'm leaving for 2 weeks traveling. Will post my thoughts once it gets in. I order the ebisu sweats and the raglan in black.

10. jl710

jl710 Senior member

I think it's the single zipper & drawstrings.

11. dmill

dmill Senior member

It is a dope piece...but I have enough grey hoodies to last a lifetime. Plus 3 Benjamin's sounds better staying in my wallet.

1 person likes this.
  12. dmill

dmill Senior member

Got a size L from Saks same price... just wasn't my style. Had to return it

13. hyyvii

hyyvii Senior member

damn so we not even going to get a proper look book for season 9??? that way we now what to expect and based purchases from that

14. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

We are releasing S/S 2017 - Season 9 - Main Line in the lead up to collection beginning mid-January. We did this for Season 7 and 8 as well.

There will be a campaign and lookbooks.

1 person likes this.
  15. MilesMW

MilesMW Senior member

Considering its nearly sold out in every color from multiple retailers tells you all you need to know. It's a very good classic bomber.

16. japejapejape

japejapejape Senior member

@dmill you probably need a Medium thats why. I wear a large in everything from tees, to the rider, villain, kake etc.
    but i went with a medium in the bogota and it fits perfect.

17. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Senior member

18. leFLOPjames

leFLOPjames Senior member

Paneled shorts return. Passing because I'm rattled I missed out on the 7.5 fleece pair and I know the dark grey terry will not compare.

19. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Senior member

Not sure how I feel about the mock neck on the new crew. I don't understand the fascination with mock necks right now. IIRC, the last JE mock neck didn't sell well...

20. arpman41

arpman41 Senior member

100% agree. The grey color looks cheap and the zipper with the white outline looks like something from h&m. I love JE's dark grey much more