1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Guidi or other combat boots >>>

I've got 5 or 6 pairs of SLP boots that are all pretty comfortable, except for the Santiags.

YMMV.

2. Yoshi

Yoshi Senior member

Yea, was only commenting on comfort if it's something that's going to get regular wear.

3. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

Slp combat boots are more comfortable than wyatts. The sole is different hence more comfortable

4. marcus-chi

marcus-chi Senior member

RCs? Fill me in bruh.

5. Cole87

Cole87 Senior member

Not OP, but it's the Reigning Champ x Adidas collab, specifically the ultraboosts.

6. marcus-chi

marcus-chi Senior member

Got it! Thanks bro

7. marcus-chi

marcus-chi Senior member

Just got my Rider's jacket in. I found a NWT 1st season one with the flannel lining for $900 on grailed a couple days ago. I know everyone has talked at length already about how great of a jacket it is, but I can't help but chime in and say how much it blows the leather biker I had before out of the water in fit and overall aesthetic detail. I was scared away from buying for retail at $1650, and even during the BF sale it was still almost $1300. I just couldn't pull the trigger. I tried other cheaper jackets, and even bought one I thought I liked from Allsaints but looking at @nsubrmnn post pics of his, I knew the JE one was much better. In conclusion, if you have the opportunity to cop one below retail don't think twice because the alternatives aren't nearly as good, and whatever is considered better is significantly more $$$ like one from SLP. Fit pics tomorrow!

1 person likes this.
  8. carloso

carloso Senior member

Picked up the plumas at 399 CAD+tax, they have a 34 and 36 left now. Other notable stock is a skittles in 36 at 270 CAD.

I finally got to try on the sneakers and boots and I'm definitely eating my words from before stating that the W+H look better. The overall construction and materials feel far more superior than any other designer boot/sneaker I've handled. Both the boots and sneakers were listed at 350 but one of the black boots had a price of 250 on them...

9. jstrath406

jstrath406 Senior member

I saw one of those go for $565, that wasn't you? I was gonna snag it if it fell below 700 but never made an offer.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2016
  10. marcus-chi

marcus-chi Senior member

I wish, I got mines for $900. It was listed at $1200 though, and the dude accepted my offer.

11. Evaned1000

Evaned1000 Member

I picked up a season 1 rider off grailed as well, paid around the same price you did. During BF I couldn't resist buying the Blackmeans x JE stadium jacket from Bergdorf for 40% off. Lucked out and got the last medium from them. Both are extremely nice jackets, but I can only see myself keeping one. Any opinions on which one I should keep?

12. marcus-chi

marcus-chi Senior member

I mean, thats really tough bro. I have the Blackmeans stadium too, and I definitely think they both provide completely different looks. Obviously, I would keep both because I also have both, but the only logical reason I can see for getting rid of one is because you need the money. Otherwise, I don't see the comparison because besides both being black leather I think they do vastly different things in a wardrobe.

13. 510kut

510kut Senior member

If I had to choose one I'd pick the stadium jacket. Mainly because it'd be easier for me to wear.

14. Henward

Henward Well-Known Member

Did they still have a decent size run for sneakers/boots (Specifically 42/9)? I was going to make a trip to Yorkdale today but figured nothing would be left....

15. Cole87

Cole87 Senior member

Loving this stadium jacket. Ignore the pants and lack of shoes. Both of my regular jeans are being tailored right now, so I just threw on some older baggier jeans and took a pic in my girlfriend's giant mirror to show the jacket fit.

[​IMG]
    And with a sweatshirt underneath:
    [​IMG]

16. nosurrender414

nosurrender414 Active Member

Very cool jacket. Wonder if the Blackmeans collab continues.

17. Crshngdwn

Crshngdwn Senior member

Just got my shoes in. They look great, feel sturdy, and I'm excited to break them in. I'll be interested to see how they compare to my W+H sneakers, but they've been received pretty well here.

Also, the belt is pretty solid for the price. The sashiko detailing is done well and it's made in USA!

18. japejapejape

japejapejape Senior member

19. CandH23

CandH23 Senior member

Your girl closet is lit

20. carloso

carloso Senior member

they had at least 5+ pairs of each sneaker/boot in all colorways except the sneaker in black nubuck. I tried on 41s but you can always give them a call and see if they have your size!