1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Cole87

Cole87 Senior member

Damn, that's what I was afraid of. I'll try out a size 34 in JE denim eventually when they come out with a full-length washed/faded black with no holes in them, but not sure if the thighs will fit without looking too tight.

2. gerg99

gerg99 Senior member

this man just set a new bar for fit pic quality in here

3 people like this.
  3. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Senior member

Damn it, wrote a review of the high tops I got in, and it got messed up. Here's an abbreviated version...
    Anyway got the high tops in. They are incredible! Look a lot like my wings and horns, but way more comfortable. The insoles and the padding around he collar make it like walking on clouds, better than even my ultra boost. Wish I could have got the nubuck though, shiny black isn't my thing. Incredible shoes for the price, retail or BF. Here's some horrible pics that don't do them justice.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. gerg99

gerg99 Senior member

Feel you on wishing they were the nubuck... I thought the exact same thing at first, but it is nice to have a non-sueded shoe that won't get completely wrecked in the rain. Felt the same way about the shininess too, but dw they'll dull out with wear for sure

5. mcnicol21

mcnicol21 Well-Known Member

What jeans are those?

6. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Senior member

Acne thin

7. armantylerm

armantylerm Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

What color tee is this?

8. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Senior member

Looks like alpine. Everything else in that ensemble is alpine as well

9. trevorxflyint

trevorxflyint Senior member

Anyone's Bolivia ship already? Just got a shipping email from JE and that's the only thing I ordered from the Black Friday sale...

10. Henward

Henward Well-Known Member

UPS is usually good to me but something is fishy..... Ordered the float knit from Azalea (I'm in Canada) and it's made in the USA so usually I just pay local taxes (13%) + the brokerage fee (UPS is usually $20-30).... but they're charging me an $85 brokerage fee on top of the ~$45 in my local taxes.

God damn ordering from Canada sucks. I'm pretty much paying retail for a Black Friday deal...

1 person likes this.
  11. Crshngdwn

Crshngdwn Senior member

Thanks for the review! Mine come in on Friday.

I was also thinking about holding out for Nubuck, but the leather will be nice for rain/easier to clean.

12. leFLOPjames

leFLOPjames Senior member

The leather hi tops are nicer...

13. marcus-chi

marcus-chi Senior member

haha, thanks bro! figured it would help people a lot to be able to really see how this stuff fits.

1 person likes this.
  14. elzarka9

elzarka9 Well-Known Member

Just got the leather high tops in. First impression is that the leather is much nicer than that used by CPs. Fit is also better (for me, may not be the same for someone with a slimmer foot). Also, initially, they seem significantly more comfortable than most leather sneakers I've owned/tried.

15. dmill

dmill Senior member

How are u guys all getting the shoes on and off so easily?!! Lol it was a struggle literally took 10 mins to get both on and 4-5 to get both off

1 person likes this.
  16. elzarka9

elzarka9 Well-Known Member

I don't lace through the top hole, so I just loosen the highest most part right before it would pass the eyelet. Then pull the slack down until the shoe is lose throughout the front ankle part of my foot. You should be able to slip them on and off at that point.

1 person likes this.
  17. japejapejape

japejapejape Senior member

lmao @ more comfortable than the ultraboost.
    yall are stans forreal

it's not even close

18. marcus-chi

marcus-chi Senior member

I know I'm a stan lol, no shame here but to be fair, to him they very well could be more comfy. All depends on your feet, and personal preference. Couple of my homies don't think Ultras are comfortable at all.

19. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Senior member

Dude have you tried the JE high tops? I prob have ten pair of ultra boost now, I wear them pretty much daily, and I am telling you, these are more comfortable. And that is a comment that is very hard for me to say.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2016
  20. NikeOG

NikeOG Senior member

I need that! Lol