1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. tjonesd2

tjonesd2 Senior member

Got some good stuff but low key disappointed we didn't get ls or ss classic curves, especially in oak.

2. Mugiwara

Mugiwara Member

Does the Escobar's waistband stretch a decent bit after wearing a few times? [​IMG]

3. gerg99

gerg99 Senior member

Caved in on a last minute order too when my boy told me he didn't end up using the friend code. Copped the float knit sweater... tried it on at barneys sunday and couldn't help myself when i heard he hadn't used the code hahaha

Last edited: Nov 28, 2016
  4. dmill

dmill Senior member

It says dry clean but your perfectly fine washing it in cold/delicate cycle and hang dry.

5. leclutchjames

leclutchjames Senior member

Very bad advice. Hand washing the item is much better

Anyway, the silk tees suck. (Yes I had them, more than 1) ended up giving them both to a friend for free

6. Clint Alvin

Clint Alvin Senior member

[​IMG]

Black Friday goods arrived. Was slightly worried about this being too snug but just wearing it for a few hours at my desk and it fits like a glove - Its true love!

Also grabbed a couple of LS White Mercers and the Clay OS Crew thats still on its way.

This has been on the wish list forever - It didn't disappoint. Super Happy!!!!!!! Thanks JE

Last edited: Nov 29, 2016
    9 people like this.
  7. echau

echau Senior member

Looks good, Clint!

8. octobersown

octobersown Active Member

Man, woke up this morning full of regret for not grabbing the kake mock in dune with the 20% lol. Should of pulled the trigger!

9. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Senior member

Perfect fit man!

10. TrendyTrez

TrendyTrez Active Member

Damn; I slept. Literally fell asleep last night and forgot to order on JE. Any sites with JE stock that still have codes that work?

11. marcus-chi

marcus-chi Senior member

I came up up hard. I have like 4 shipments of stuff coming, so the sale did good for me this time. I didn't participate much in buying stuff last year, because I really didn't get too into JE until Season 7. That's when I feel like he started producing more unique pieces that make the brand stand further apart from cheap knockoffs at Zara/H&M. I think before it was easy to replicate the JE look and feel without actually buying JE if you didn't mind the drop in quality. But with Season 7+8, there were more pieces that went beyond the basic mold without doing too much, and I like the direction the denim has gone in with a fit thats more similar to SLP. With that being said, I ended up going crazy with the amount of stuff I copped during this year's sale.

12. marcus-chi

marcus-chi Senior member

Ssense still has JE stuff marked down.

13. TrendyTrez

TrendyTrez Active Member

what are some of the better deals? I see the navy villain and etc but Im not sure whats actually worth me grabbing

14. marcus-chi

marcus-chi Senior member

Hard to say bro because also the sizing thats left is all over the place. People have been ravaging these deals for at least a week now. Probably the best thing left to me is the red flannel if you can shimmy into a small.

15. nosurrender414

nosurrender414 Active Member

The float knit sweater is incredible.

16. srizvi722

srizvi722 Senior member

Since a lot of stuff was final sale/only refundable for store credit/exchange--I'm sure a lot of things may end up on Grailed/eBay BNWT for the same price that it was purchased for/maybe even less--so you may want to keep an eye out in the next week or two

17. TrendyTrez

TrendyTrez Active Member

thanks guys ; yeah I think I'm going to hawk over grailed and ebay the next week or so

18. leFLOPjames

leFLOPjames Senior member

Mercer HZ (sized down) in washed olive is great. It has more of a classy feel to it than the other sweaters JE offers. One of my favourite sweaters, I like it more than the villain, kake, or OS and maybe even more than the flash fullzip. And I haven't tried it on under a bomber or a jacket, I think it would look amazing under the iridescent olive bomber especially. Midnight extended mercer is very nice. Mock-neck (sized down) for 68 bucks is a steal, I only wish it was in the washed olive colour.

Jacquard hat is garbage, it should have had the jacquard fabric on top of an already made silhouette because the form of it due to the fabric is strange as hell. Clay baselines are a pass, should not have copped because they are too similar to the sand almas which I prefer, and even the dune escobars. The black zippers look dumb.

19. jstrath406

jstrath406 Senior member

Totally agree with all that you said, it's been getting the most wear of my JE hoodies lately. I've been layering my Oak Mercer HZ under the Olive iridescent and it looks awesome.

20. jstrath406

jstrath406 Senior member

What color? I need the white in small so badly but all I see is the black everywhere. Did stockists even get white or was it a JE exclusive?

1 person likes this.