1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. ZanderRosen

ZanderRosen Senior member

Poor advice - Need codes always work with JE. Only excludes gift cards and Alden. One of the best online retailers IMO.

2. ZanderRosen

After "breaking in" this jacket has one of the softest hands of any piece I own. I sized down to 1 - fits great alone or with a sweatshirt. Highly recommend it... at that price it's a must @dmill. I got it at 20% off a while back, have not regretted it.

3. 973god

973god Senior member

@nsubrmnn @Jbidwal Can you guys speak on the Boucle Crew in Black Melange? I know you guys purchased awhile back and I'm looking to try to get it from Notre with the 30% off. Is there a significant mix of color as I've seen on the back of some pictures? Also did you go TTS or size down/up? Thanks for the help mates.

4. detroit313

detroit313 Senior member

Really slim.. 5'7 110lbs. I'm in different to the rest of the fit... not too big not too small. I'm going to be layering this with a hoodie underneath.

5. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Senior member

I actually got the grey, so can't really comment on the color IRL. I ordered a size small, the same size I order the tees and the oversized stuff in (medium in villain). The sweater is constructed very well and I really liked the more structured collar compared to last years. The cuffs were a little loose, and the body was fairly loose on me as well. May have been able to pull of an xs, but didn't try. I can't really pull off that boxy sweater thing so I returned it. I think if you are built it will look good, it just made me look shapeless. Hope that helps.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2016
  6. youngwheezy

youngwheezy Active Member

Which location?

7. onekidd

onekidd Member

Yea CAD. Couldn't pass on them at that price. Was gonna get them when they were marked down to 349, glad I waited.

8. MilesMW

MilesMW Senior member

Had similar feelings, but after owning them, I'd say go for it if you can find them. They are really comfortable. I have them in black and you barely notice the panels. However Alpine is much more noticeable.

1 person likes this.
  9. 973god

973god Senior member

Huge help, thank you man! I was worried about the fit and color looking at the pics on some of the models. I'll think I'll pass on it for now. Thanks for the help.

10. detroit313

detroit313 Senior member

Am I the only one not seeing 30% at Notre?

11. MilesMW

MilesMW Senior member

Just add BF30 at checkout

1 person likes this.
  12. detroit313

detroit313 Senior member

Also does anyone have experience in sizing with the oversized cropped crewneck? I fit in small and medium villain.

13. detroit313

detroit313 Senior member

Thank you!

14. japejapejape

japejapejape Senior member

black sashiko denim is fire.
    the panels are actually very subtle

out of all my JE denim these get the most wear.
    i think out of all the times i've worn them my girlfriend was the only one to really notice the panels haha

15. grantmason6882

grantmason6882 Senior member

Tried to cop the White Hightops on FWRD with the price match, but Barneys was sold out so they wouldn't match :(

16. ZanderRosen

I frequently wear these to work. Today wore them with the red JE flannel. Always get compliments. Super comfy and look/feel great on.

1 person likes this.
  17. dmill

dmill Senior member

Damn bro too late! :(

18. ChronBong

ChronBong Senior member

I think with the neros, they fit better with the red JE flannel.

paired with saint laurent chelsea boots in cigar tan.

guarantee get more compliments and look generally better.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2016
  19. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

Didn't work well for me either. I'm not a big fan of sweaters in general though. The float is the exception

20. ChronBong

ChronBong Senior member

haha true is why i never purchased any knee blow outs

only small distressed and solid base is preferable and wont go out of style.