1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. dng992

dng992 Senior member

2. ChronBong

ChronBong Senior member

it works but its more like a classic fitting which u can layer it.

i prefer a more fitted look so i stuck with my true to size since i tried on both sizes.

and the fact i have a peacoat so if its colder i'd just wear that instead. I only layer the bogota bomber with a sweater/sweatshirt + tshirt thats it.

3. CPAJay1221

CPAJay1221 Well-Known Member

Fwrd.com will also price match.. Picked up the white high tops in size 43 for Barneys price of $239. Have to love holiday sales.

4. srizvi722

srizvi722 Senior member

Took half zip in oak off too. Probably gonna be discounted on Friday?

5. dmill

dmill Senior member

nice!!! doesn't it feel good to get that pair for that price...I always wanted to try the JE shoes but I was priced out of it. so glad we were able to price match haha

Last edited: Nov 22, 2016
  6. CPAJay1221

Exactly! Wasn't even really considering them before today at $400. I may have to sell my CP tournaments now. Not sure that i need both. At that price I couldn't pass it up.

Now to find a Dark Navy or Alpine Flash and CP all black/grey Chelseas on sale. Anyone know when/if Need Supply codes?

7. dmill

dmill Senior member

what do you guys think of that aluminum jacket in oak? is it worth $375 now that it's on sale at Saks compared to the $625 original price?

8. Henward

Henward Well-Known Member

Need Supply sales usually have a million brands excluded (that includes CP and JE). They usually just mark down the items themselves.

9. leFLOPjames

leFLOPjames Senior member

Ribbed mercer pullover is highly recommended. Get a size large for sure in this. The pigtail fits bigger. Same size as you and I have the medium pigtail and large ribbed mercer pullover.

10. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Senior member

Buy now, ask questions later

3 people like this.
  11. marcus-chi

marcus-chi Senior member

I bought a while ago at the original price regretfully because I really liked the piece and thought others would too, and didn't want to chance it not being around. Lesson learned. Anyway, I would recommend it especially at the sale price. To me it's one of JE's experimental pieces that will get more love when it's no longer around since it's so much different than what he normally puts, plus it's just a unique take on the bomber jacket in general to me. It's definitely not like the Bagota which everyone is scooping up.

12. CPAJay1221

I tried one at Saks. Too oversized and the drape was weird for my liking. The jacket felt like it was made out of cardboard. Definitely unique though if that's your thing.

1 person likes this.
  13. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Senior member

Azalea had an amazing price on the sashiko denim, I waited and now it's sold out. Doubt JE price will be that low. Should have just bought and returned if didn't like. I'm really back and forth about the denim. Scared I'll hate the panels in a month.

14. dmill

dmill Senior member

do you guys think JE will discount the oversized thermal crews by more than 30%? Trying to figure out if I should pull the trigger on the Notre shop or wait.
    Edit: 30% is good for me, I got a maroon and brown thermal crew, plus I snagged the last maroon ribbed mercer pullover in large. But I bought a medium and large of everything since Notre was nice enough to let me buy both sizes and decide what worked best for me. I'm spending too much this BF lol and the JE sale hasn't even started yet lol.

15. trevorxflyint

trevorxflyint Senior member

I know I already asked earlier but I'm still between a 7 and 8 on these high tops and I can't make my mind up. I'm a true 8.5 so I'm not sure if I should go with .5 down or 1.5 down. Anyone have advice? If it helps, my CP Achilles Lows are a 40 and were def tight when I first got them but loosened up a good bit for me.

16. onekidd

onekidd Member

For those of you in Canada, Holt started their Black Friday sale if you're part of the Holt Icon thing. Grabbed plumas for 399 and black high tops for 229.

17. onekidd

onekidd Member

@trevorxflyint I wear a 9.5 and went with a 42, same size as my common projects

18. iam12andwatdoid

iam12andwatdoid Well-Known Member

229 CAD?

19. dmill

dmill Senior member

I would do size 8 if I were you. I'm a size 11.5/12 in most shoes and I grabbed the size 11s.

20. trevorxflyint

trevorxflyint Senior member

Appreciate it. Just went with the 8 because I would rather a little room than for them to be unwearably tight. Plus it was the last one in stock so I didn't want to miss out haha

Edit: Thanks @dmill just saw your post. Looks like I grabbed the correct size haha