1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. leit96

leit96 Senior member

It's pretty good if you can get 15% off on a tee without tags that's a month old. My pigtail mercer sweater has loose stitching at the neck that I noticed after a few wears, JE couldn't do a return or replacement because it counted as normal "wear and tear." It's one thing if you got a hole or loose threads after a single wear or when it's brand new, another if you've had it for some time and used up that 30 day return window.

2. jstrath406

jstrath406 Senior member

It's pretty funny that you mention this, I just had an exam on statistical process control yesterday and thought of this scenario as well. You're pretty spot on.

1 person likes this.
  3. Monkmobile

Monkmobile Member

dual flash zip hoodie just came in. my first JE piece and loving it already. grey colour is so nice, skinny fit is awesome and material feels really good. need more pieces already. Could anyone comment if the thickness of kake mock or oversized hoodies are comparable to the dual flash hoodie?

thanks alot friends. This thread actually convinced me to purchase JE due to all the positive reviews

1 person likes this.
  4. detroit313

detroit313 Senior member

So with the villain hoodie I'm in-between sizes... both fit, but small is a little tight and medium is a little loose. What's the general consensus on stuff like the mercer-half zip, raw edge crew and kake mock for sizing? I haven't tried any of the hoodies from this season so I'm not sure how to go about sizing.

5. srizvi722

srizvi722 Senior member

M in raw edge. Small in half zip and kake

2 people like this.
  6. Mackp12

Mackp12 Senior member

nailed it

7. peter1234930

peter1234930 Senior member

I think it's a fair comparison. Manufacturer's warranties generally state the item will be replaced if you experience an issue due which is their fault - improper construction, some sort of quality control issue. If the problem is your fault, they will not replace it. If you take your brand new BMW off-roading and scrape your muffler off, BMW is not going to replace it for free.

Seems to be similar with clothing. If John Elliott sends you a pair of jeans that have a hole in them, they will replace them for free (I would imagine). But if you wear them for a month. how can they know you weren't at the gym squatting in the pants? The line between a manufacturing defect and user error blurs when you've owned an item for a period of time. For them to even offer 15% off is above and beyond.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  8. detroit313

detroit313 Senior member

Thanks for the help. Also to anyone interested, I just ordered a raw edge hoodie for ~170 shipped. Site also has some half-zips and raw edge crewnecks for 30% off. PM me if you're interested.

9. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

This is a really stupid comparison it's clothes and doesn't take anywhere near the level of sophistication of a car. The problem is with quality control, I do quality assurance for a living. People complain about clothes being made in China because the cheap stuff reflects it but some of the not so cheap stuff has good quality control.

And by your comparison that cheap stuff can be made better than expensive stuff let's use purses as an example. Go into Louis Vuitton and look at all the purses and see if you can find anything wrong with them like loose stitching, scuffs, etc. Now go look at a purse that is mass produced in the 100 to 150 price range.

10. peter1234930

peter1234930 Senior member

Yes, cars are more sophisticated, and admittedly the way mechanical systems are designed will affect reliability as well as quality control.

The point I was trying to get across was that just because something is made with nice materials, doesn't mean it is made consistently to spec. For example, Tesla Model S cars are having issues with mold growing in their roof insulation not because they use inferior materials, but because they are not consistently assembled to spec, allowing water to seep in.

The LV example is purely anecdotal and doesn't mean all expensive brands have good quality control.

11. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

That was my whole point, everything comes down to quality control. Some brands regardless of price have bad quality control. So you can't say cheap mass produced brands would have fewer of these issues. That is a disservice to JE.

Everything comes down to profit, the fast fashion places (and most clothing companies) aren't spending money on statistics experts. Cars I can see using them as people can die if something goes wrong. I had worked with a company before that wouldn't upgrade a chip to a better one even though the performance would be significantly better because it cost around $1 more.

12. ChronBong

ChronBong Senior member

whats ur height/weight? 5'10 140?

13. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

Parachute jacket owners--how is it holding up so far? Tried it on at Holts today and really liked it. I think I'm going to send back my panelled flight jacket and swap it for the parachute.

14. jstrath406

jstrath406 Senior member

Despite the fact that I haven't seen any fit pics yet I finally went through and purchased one today and it'll becoming in on Tuesday or Wednesday. Obviously can't comment on the durability yet but I'll be sure to put some pics up, I agree that it's really dope.

15. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Senior member

Anyone purchase the leather down jacket?

16. Mackp12

Mackp12 Senior member

PM'd you a few hours ago dude. Wouldn't mind trying raw edge. If anyone knows which site he is referring to please PM me

17. NikeOG

NikeOG Senior member

Just got my springs and zincs in. They are tight af lol. Will the stretch out with wear? Or should I just size up?

18. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Senior member

Yo, can you post a pic of the new zincs? Want to see if there is a difference in the color. The old ones were a grey color. ig pics of the new, the bottom portion is a black. Thanks!

19. GBlue

GBlue Senior member

Was there a restock on springs or something?
    What size did you get?
    My size has been out for months...

20. NikeOG

NikeOG Senior member

I got you G!