1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. ChronBong

ChronBong Senior member

to those who own the alpine bogota bomber.

which of the 2 is the more accurate color/sheen?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. supremeanarchy

supremeanarchy Well-Known Member

Might just be biased but the FoG bomber looks eh, especially that fit, sorry mate. Not feeling it. The Bogota has an overall better fit and looks good on you as well. Now I'm just annoyed I missed out on the Oak color way but am happy with the black.

And to the person asking about the Olive Bogota, when I was at Bergdorf it looked more like the top picture, but I think it depends on lighting.

3. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

I think this varies on your build and how you like to wear your clothes in general. at your current size, if everything is fitted, size up. If you have a looser fit, your normal size works.

4. timofay

timofay Well-Known Member

I have 2 classic crews in the 50% supima/modal blend and they are starting to have some "pilling" which is very disappointing. Ive had these shirts for 1 and 2 months, respectively. Anyone had a similar issue?

I am machine wash on delicates/hang dry. Really disappointed, expected more from a $65 T shirt. I have ralph lauren supima/modal blend t shirts that have held up better after months of machine wash/tumble drying.

5. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Senior member

Half unzip from the top down right? I was talking about unzipping from the bottom up, like when you only button the top button on a dress shirt.
    Only time I unzip the bottom zipper is when I need to sit

Last edited: Oct 29, 2016
  6. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

You guys are trippin'. FOG's bomber is the GOAT. By contras, the JE bomber looks like it could be sold at Old Navy.

7. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

The Je bomber is far from old navy status. It's a very good take on the traditional bomber. The fog bomber has a place as well and I don't think many here are into street wear to the fog level. I like the fog bomber and I could incorporate it nicely but the price is way off.

8. ZanderRosen

ZanderRosen Senior member

Agreed. I like certain iterations of the FOG bomber I've tried on, but I do prefer the fit of my Oak Bogota and the more streamlined fit. A little less detail in terms of extras, but feel like it is more everyday. Definitely on price point as well, as the FOG bomber goes for crazy prices even on grailed.

9. Mackp12

Mackp12 Senior member

It really depends on the lighting... i would say in between both pictures but with a lot of lighting closer to the bottom. Great colour in person. I had to decide between keeping black or alpine and i decided with black because i don't have a staple bomber in my wardrobe yet. I like the FOG bomber as well but at the price point comparatively JE's does the job perfectly.

10. dmill

dmill Senior member

lol you trying to solicit another response from John? thats pretty disrespectful to say...

11. japejapejape

japejapejape Senior member

FOG bomber is wack af

Last edited: Oct 29, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  12. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Senior member

I think the fear of God bomber is great but it's really dependent on how you wear it. I think too many people wear it too oversized and it looks horrible. I think Kanye does a good job of wearing it, but he wears it slimmer than most.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And also doesn't unzip the bottom zipper all the way up.
    [​IMG]
    Also I agree with @ZanderRosen certain iterations were better than others. I think the 4th collection version isn't as good at the previous. It looks way too baggy now (especially the sleeves, no one needs sleeves that oversized) and I'm not a fan of the belt closure.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Senior member

Looks like turtle neck is coming
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  14. NikeOG

NikeOG Senior member

Can we expect a major restock before the holidays?

15. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

Next purchase for me

16. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

The bomber is made oversized. It really doends on your build. Kanye is not skinny so he pulls it off. If you are lanky it won't look nice. It depends on your style too. Fog aren't pieces you just buy imo unless you have the supporting pieces.

17. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

Who is John?

18. Crshngdwn

Crshngdwn Senior member

Some clothing designer who popped in here once or twice.

19. ZanderRosen

ZanderRosen Senior member

[​IMG]

Oak Bogota
    Black Villain
    Maroon anti-expo
    Grey skittles
    Slate combat boots

7 people like this.
  20. Luciano123

Luciano123 Senior member

not enough je, you forgot the 5 panel hat