1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Senior member

Wonder what a wash will do to it? 33% wool, can't imagine that'd do well with a wash. Maybe they'll become shorts?

2. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

Is that a black aluminum jacket on IG? Prefer oak color but that's interesting they made it in another colorway

Annoying it wasn't dropped at same time to give people a choice

3. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Senior member

I think those color ways were only for the runway. Mike from JE said oak would be the only color way for the aluminum jacket (see pic). It's strange because in the delivery 3 look book it looks like there is an alpine, not sure if they changed their minds or it's just filters.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. sussi

sussi Senior member

it is photo from their fashion show. Not all pieces made it to production tho. Really doubt they would release the same jacket in different color soon, as they most of the time release the item in all colorways for that season.

OR maybe if it would be included in some exclusive capsule collection or something might be possible... but still...

Last edited: Oct 27, 2016
  5. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

I haven't but they seem interesting enough to try. They don't fit tight no matter what but I'll be interested in others pics if they have any

6. grantmason6882

grantmason6882 Senior member

Never said anything about a wash, just usage overtime

7. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Senior member

It wasn't really in response to your comment. Your comment just got me thinking about the fabric and then was looking at the care instructions and thinking about how might be difficult to care for them. And then I tried to make a stupid joke.
    It'll be interesting to see how they age and what happens to them if you need to wash them. I'd prob be inclined to dry clean them.

8. grantmason6882

My bad. I worked in textiles for a few years, and from what I picked up during my time is that wool composition can be so intricate. The quality, fiber count, weight, and milling finish all play a precise role into how it ages overtime (For better or worse.) Having a Kake hoodie being priced at $400+ I'd kinda want to know if it's going to age like a fine wine...or cheddar cheese

9. MilesMW

MilesMW Senior member

Sweats are nice. Would def cop on sale.

10. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Senior member

pretty remarkable that it's $400, but I guess developing their own fabrics can get pretty expensive. I'll have to go to Notre in Chicago and check it out. It's too bad the reviews so far have been negative. I was hoping it'd be a fluffy soft material, rather than what people are saying. No offense to JE, but the price makes it a hard sell.

I had no idea wools age, I'd imagine the wool fibers would just get loose and lose their form? other than boiled wool. What happens to the wool?

11. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

a lot of restocks on JE's site including more oak and alpine bogotas

i grabbed the textured kake from union when it first dropped. it was just too stiff and didnt look all that nice IRL, esp for the price

i like how it is a unique fabric but there are so many other offerings from JE that are also unique

would prob kop on BF sale if its available. then again, the last thing i need is more sweats

12. Sotiros

Sotiros Active Member

Thank god for that restock, finally got my hands on an oak Bogota!! Haven't been this excited for a piece in awhile!

13. grantmason6882

Anything fabric with age begins to deteriorate, however its more about the quality of the wool that I'm curious about. By no means are all wool fabrics equal; higher fiber counts and milling techniques leads to a much more supple and silky texture. That is why you can find 100% wool suits that are as ruff as tweed or silky smooth, it all depends on the process and quality. From what it sounds however, being a "stiff" product makes me wonder if it has to with the thickness of the 67/33% fabric composition and what quality fabric JE is using.

14. ChronBong

ChronBong Senior member

black friday is when again? they do the black friday stuff on regular prices?

15. ChronBong

ChronBong Senior member

god dammit, i missed out medium alpine bomber.

16. vanillaslush

vanillaslush Member

Bout to buy some grey skittles of someone, for those who have it how are they? Can someone here post pics of their pair?

17. PreMMM0

PreMMM0 Active Member

related and unrelated: met john at the kanye show tonight

3 people like this.
  18. dmill

dmill Senior member

pics or it didn't happen! lol!

19. ChronBong

ChronBong Senior member

does anyone own or have worn the Temple of Jawnz MA-1 suiting wool? just wondering how the bogota bomber compares to it.

20. leFLOPjames

leFLOPjames Senior member

Went to wear my alpine anti expo for the first time today. Noticed these massive orange rust looking marks on both sides around and under the arms. No idea what it is but it wasn't from me. Tags were already cut and I have no idea how I didnt't see it or how they never saw it before sending. Pretty rattled. Love the colour too and now they are sold out

1 person likes this.