1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. dmill

dmill Senior member

did anyone pick up the full quentin jacket? it's the one thing that's tempted me all season long...i thought it was sold out but its still available on sssense.

if anyone can post a few fit pics or a review it would be much appreciated :)

2. thecast

thecast Member

Springs are not as 'DRY' as the SCARABS. Springs are my favourite everyday pair.

3. gerg99

gerg99 Senior member

Was at barneys today, saw they had the leather hi tops out so checked em out. The black ones are actually dope, the leather is mad soft and the nubuck heel is a nice touch. I'm a 39 in CPs so didn't think I'd fit the JEs at all (esp since they say they run big), but they had a 41 that almost fit, and was able to find the 40 on their online shop... had a gift card for $125 so scooped em up for about $300. Had to give em a shot for that price... haven't seen many reviews on em though, anyone in here cop them themselves?

edit: btw for anyone with really small feet, barneys has a preorder going for down to a 6US mens in the black leather joints, shipping in march

Last edited: Oct 23, 2016
  4. grantmason6882

grantmason6882 Senior member

Hoping to cop a pair on Black Friday, praying my size doesn't go out of stock.

5. tanukisuit

tanukisuit Member

I love my white highs, had them a couple months now. Nice leather, comfortable, haven't creased much - very happy with the overall quality. I like the stiff, raised toe cap. Look great with Springs imo.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  6. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Senior member

Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
  7. brianja

brianja Senior member

Thanks for the opinions on my Plumas problem, everyone.

I'm going to see if they can do better on the discount they are offering to keep them since I think they are going to have a hard time finding a home for these as-is. As far as I can tell they were already returned one (this would be the second time). I'm willing to take a risk on them shrinking back to original condition with a trip to the dry cleaner, but not for $300.

8. vaeMD

vaeMD Well-Known Member

original rider love.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. brianja

brianja Senior member

The vendor wouldn't budge on their offer so they are going back. If anyone sees a pair of Plumas in 32 come back in stock at XXXX (vendor name removed since I decided to keep the pair - see post 23421) in the next few days it will likely be this pair.

As I packaged them back up I also noticed that the JE tag is attached with a standard plastic attachment, not the black JE string. Clearly this pair has a history.

Thanks again for everyone's input.

1 person likes this.
  10. Secondprize

Secondprize Well-Known Member

anyne have an opinion on which JE denim is closest in quality to the scarab denim? they are my best fitting/feeling denim from JE so far

11. hyyvii

hyyvii Senior member

https://www.mrporter.com/en-us/mens...-slim-fit-distressed-denim-jeans/746667?ppv=2

12. brianja

brianja Senior member

Thank you. I just saw that they got those back in and was about to place an order with them, but Xhibition emailed me that they were now willing to give me 40% off of the pair I have in-hand.

The changed tag attachment really leads me to believe that these were worn and not mis-made, so I'm going to take them up on it and keep these. For @ $240 it's worth the risk.

Sorry to have mucked up this thread with all of my back and forth, guys.

13. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

Just go to the tailor and have them take in the waist. No need to wash them.

1 person likes this.
  14. walt143JE

walt143JE Well-Known Member

Long time lurker, first time poster. I bought the Black leather hi tops on release day and I can't say enough good things about them. Jeans stack amazing on them(although i really wear mostly cropped stuff these days) and I receive compliements on them alot. They crease in the right places, the soles look awesome in my opinion and the best part is I've seen no one else wear them in Manhattan.

For reference I took these in 46, and I also have a 46 in CP achilles low. These are certainly roomier and I have a slimmer foot, but I also bought the 45 and returned and kept the 46 after comparing the sizes.

Dope sneakers, easily worth the money IMO. Hope this helps.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4 people like this.
  15. peter1234930

peter1234930 Senior member

Looks good, thanks for the pics. DIY denim?

16. walt143JE

walt143JE Well-Known Member

@peter1234930

Yep, rag and bone fit 2, had them tapered a little and just cut the hem.

17. dmill

dmill Senior member

I knew they'd be willing to budge on their discount percentage. It would have been too much of an effort for them to move that pair. Good work!

1 person likes this.
  18. brianja

brianja Senior member

That was good advice! I appreciate it.

19. gerg99

gerg99 Senior member

For sure man definitely helps, they look super dope. Thanks for the pics! I'm a 39, borderline 40 in CP achilles low so I'm really hoping the 40 JE hi top fits. The 41 at barneys was actually fine width-wise since i got wider feet and only had about a thumb from the big toe to the tip of the shoe. Hope they don't look like some clown shoes on me either hahaha cause that seems to be a problem for me

20. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

Float knit came in. Best sweater JE has made and bests both boucle's imo. Love the fit, color and the feel of it. This is the type of sweater I can actually wear as I'm not really a sweater person.

Also picked up some slp combat boots. Pair well with JE

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.