1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

I'm not sure what this other brand is about but there is a market for je tees in a shorter length. It's a line je should think about adding.

2 people like this.
  2. bbconair

bbconair Senior member

any other brands with denim that fits like JE? just know of ACNE currently.

3. Henward

Henward Well-Known Member

Try calling Holt Renfrew (Bloor St. location) in Toronto, Canada. They had a full size run of the surplus thumper just last week.

4. b19pen15

b19pen15 Senior member

JE isn't the first thing that comes up when you search u neck (it might be for you because google personalizes search results and knows you've gone to JE before). Many brands were making u necks before JE (and calling them as such), like Balmain (who also truly invented the side-zip hoodie).

I don't doubt they made the term known to a lot of people who had never heard of it before, but it's silly to think that detracts from a brand that's also using it.

5. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Senior member

Dude pretty sure John elliott made the earth in 6 days and then on the 7th he made the villian and the u neck. Pretty sure.

2 people like this.
  6. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Senior member

Ok ok, so maybe he didn't make them, but what JE did for the u neck and the side zip hoodie is like what Kanye did for Taylor... he made that ish famous

1 person likes this.
  7. blue2007

blue2007 Senior member

Thanks. Clearly L is almost leggings, but I wasn't sure how much they stretch. The XL fits tight but comfortable with some room around the knees and thighs. Hopefully they don't stretch too much.

What I liked about the L was the length. I'm 6"2 and I feel that the length on the L is perfect. Curious to see what other tall people think

8. Hype1234

Hype1234 Senior member

Haha no. He exposed a certain demographic to these styles, many of whom had been content with Stussy plush hoodies and box-fit t-shirts prior to.

1 person likes this.
  9. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

Definitely what hype said. I like JE stuff but the idea among some people in here that he created everything is ridiculous.

And Kanye didn't make Taylor famous, she already had her own following (probably mainly teen girls lol). He only exposed her to his followers, people who listen to rap. I doubt many of those people are buying her albums.

10. Mackp12

Mackp12 Senior member

Roden will be getting the blackmeans collab. Pretty sure you can pre order as well. Ask for my boy Kyle B if you do.

1 person likes this.
  11. Mikeisonfire

Mikeisonfire Senior member

Whoa. Shout out to JE for hooking me up with a washed classic crew. Funny thing is I've actually been wanting to order this exact tee for a while. Thanks guys!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9 people like this.
  12. ASpec818

ASpec818 Senior member

Do they bogota jackets have that boxy slightly oversized classic bomber fit, or are they more slim fitting? From pics that appear slightly puffy.

13. leFLOPjames

leFLOPjames Senior member

It's less boxy than before. The shoulders don't pop out really and it's a bit more tapered through the body

14. peter1234930

peter1234930 Senior member

I bought a grey JE wool bomber from one of the guys involved with Uniform LA on Grailed and he sent me a free tee. It's nice. Same fabric composition (50% supima cotton, 50% micro modal) as JE. For $35 it's a really nice tee. I'm trying to stay away from 50/50 tees because the bottom hem stretches out so much though - only cotton/poly mixes from now on.

Unrelated, but anybody wash their skittles in the washing machine? I'm sketched out that the colors will run together but I don't want to deal with the hassle/expense of dry cleaning.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2016
  15. leFLOPjames

leFLOPjames Senior member

Don't do it bra

1 person likes this.
  16. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Senior member

[​IMG]

Damn, looks nice. Prob hard to pull off like this. Can't wait to see what the other side looks like.

1 person likes this.
  17. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Senior member

Why do you need to clean them? If they aren't dirty and you just want to get the smell out or try to decrease some of the stretch, try throwing them in the dryer. If they just smell you could put them in a zip lock and throw them in the freezer. Otherwise just dry clean them.

18. Hype1234

Hype1234 Senior member

That's pretty dope. Nice to see that JE has stayed grounded and still connects with fans in a meaningful way despite the fact that they have recently exploded and could just as easily not do this kind of stuff.

1 person likes this.
  19. ZanderRosen

ZanderRosen Senior member

Just dry clean them, don't be lay-z. Or cheap. You already dropped bank on the jeans.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  20. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

For those that have handled the main line rider and the pitch black, do you have a preference? I kind of like the all black look but anyone else have an opinion?