1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. japejapejape

japejapejape Senior member

the black bogota is a solid pickup. nothing too flashy but very comfortable and the fit is great. classic bomber jacket.
    the oak bomber on the other hand really stands out and is great for anyone who is looking for something different than the standard black or green bomber. i suggest everyone try and cop the oak if you have the chance.

2. srizvi722

srizvi722 Senior member

This makes me sad. Flippin UPS lost mine. JE customer support is GOAT though, they'll do everything on their end to be able to get another pair sent my way when and if possible. I'm not copping Olive bc I'm still crossing fingers mine will pop up out of no where or JE will be able to get their hands on one and send it my way. But I'm afraid if it takes too long, Olive will sell out too. And I'll be left with nada.

1 person likes this.
  3. ZanderRosen

ZanderRosen Senior member

I contemplated it.

4. japejapejape

japejapejape Senior member

the alpine looks to have the same shiny appearance like the oak. which imo makes the oak so nice. im going to try and find the alpine during sale season since i already have the oak and black bogotas.
    you don't want both of them?
    you could cop the olive...if you like it enough keep it and still wait for the oak.

5. wurlwyde

wurlwyde Senior member

Go with your same size.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2016
  6. dng992

dng992 Senior member

My only other bomber is an acne selo in navy, copped dec 2015, so logically I think ive done the right thing with black.

The oak looks fire AF/a statement piece/hitting the club e.t.c but day/day imo does look like youre flexing a bit too hard. Im all about pieces which in x years I wont get tired of, i know black cant go wrong, but i also do love oak....

whats your collection like?

e.g. like that iridescent one last seaosn? which had that sheen to it. In all model photos it looks fly, but day/day hmm not sure in season

Last edited: Oct 14, 2016
  7. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Senior member

Funny you and others mentioned this brand, the founder was on the JE Facebook group looking for a summer rider. So he def knows of JE and is copying their look. One of the shirts they sell is even a u neck

Last edited: Oct 14, 2016
  8. Mikeisonfire

Mikeisonfire Senior member

Apprently he lurks these forums as well, just got an email from them saying they've been getting lots of traffic from Styleforum and offering a discount code. He's smart.

9. victoorious

victoorious Senior member

No idea to be honest . Was approached by my friend to check em out .... no idea if they're trying to copy the brand . But whatever , I'm happy with the shirts and cost lol

10. PDL24DCP

PDL24DCP Well-Known Member

Whats the coupon code? Might give em a try

11. hannie2

hannie2 Senior member

The only bombers I have are oak bogata and olive iridescent bomber lol... I'm definitely flexing too hard.[​IMG]

12. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Senior member

Pretty smart if the quality is there. Wonder if they'll venture out more to hoodies and such

13. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

Because JE invented the U neck...

14. victoorious

code : victoorious

lolol im totally kidding... i have no association with them lol....im not sure what the code is..i just paid 35 which is retail.

15. GBlue

GBlue Senior member

Now this question may have been asked before but have the Villain crewneck sweaters been discontinued?

16. Abbott

Abbott Well-Known Member

@MIKE_JE Will there be a restock of the Thumper Jacket in SURPLUS JACQUARD on official web or any retailer? I am living outside the USA

17. victoorious

Yeah no idea, what caught my attention was the description and the type of materials they used... if the shirt was like $50 I probably would have said no way, but the $35 price point made it acceptable for me to try them out.

18. blue2007

blue2007 Senior member

I wear a 34 in JE jeans, like Spring and Odeon, should I get L or XL in Escobar? I remember trying an Escobar a few months ago - L size - and the calfs were skin tight, not sure if they will stretch.

19. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Senior member

Pretty much

But in all seriousness, I know they didn't, but I think they made the term more common. If you look up u neck on google JE is the first thing that shows up. And I feel like prior to JE people were calling them scoop necks, wide necks or low necks

20. nosurrender414

nosurrender414 Active Member

Same size in jeans. I would get XL unless you want really tight (almost leggings)