1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. grantmason6882

grantmason6882 Senior member

Anyone know where I could find a pair of 32 Plumas?

2. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

3. grantmason6882

grantmason6882 Senior member

4. sussi

sussi Senior member

Kake Mock by far my favorite terry JE piece

5. blacktoku

blacktoku Active Member

Looking to pull the trigger on the mercer half zip. Anyone know if I should size down?

6. victoorious

victoorious Senior member

Yeah man. Check that brand out. You'd be surprised of the quality . And for the price. U can't beat ut

7. Mackp12

Mackp12 Senior member

Yeah i could see it... it's a really nice piece and i've owned one. Just don't think the cropped look is timeless and true to size for me was too oversized. Just not meant for me i guess

8. Mackp12

Mackp12 Senior member

Yeah i did

9. rbroseph

rbroseph Senior member

Nomad shop has the Bolivia full-zip on their site, not the best photos though...

10. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

Looks interesting. Will have to see the USA retail price and more details

11. peter1234930

peter1234930 Senior member

Really cool piece. Considering it costs almost as much as the parachute jacket on their site, it won't be cheap.

12. blacktoku

blacktoku Active Member

Are the colours for product pics on JE's site generally accurate? Or is there another site with more accurate photos.

13. freshmeat

freshmeat Member

Totally worth it imho. I was tepid at the beginning when I noticed the ducktail in the back, but I received my rider x blackmeans jacket yesterday and it feels and looks spectacular. The leather quality is way better than the original rider, and it has this really neat matte sheen to it.

No longer on the fence about keeping it or returning it, definitely a keeper.

14. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

You would pay the 1k markup on grailed?

15. freshmeat

freshmeat Member

I would if I absolutely love it. And I love mine more so now because I nabbed it at retail & the fit is top shelf.

I also have a similar ysl jacket ($6k after tax), and I actually like the john elliott one more so even though it's the significantly cheaper of the two. The fit, leather and some of the details are on par to my ysl imho, so from my perspective, at $3k, it's still comparably a really great value / bang for the buck.

But ya, I guess if someone is more concerned w the "brand" rather than the actual look, I can understand why one would think it's ridiculous.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2016
  16. peter1234930

peter1234930 Senior member

Not going to lie, I considered doing the same thing... Hard to resist reselling when you know there's easy money on the table.

At the same time, I love JE and would prefer not to see the hype get too out of control, so I won't be reselling anything.

17. CH03

CH03 Senior member

Are there any pieces that have yet to release in the D2 lookbook video? If there were, I missed them...

18. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

I don't hate people that resell. If someone willing to give you extra, why not. I'll be surprised if people actually start paying that 1k extra. John Elliott is nice but I don't think the hype is warrented where you pay that much extra. At the end of the day it's a leather jacket and plenty of alternatives if you misssd out.

The Yeezy , fog type hype hopefully stays away. I'm not really a fan of that culture.

1 person likes this.
  19. freshmeat

freshmeat Member

Ya, I don't hate resellers and I don't think they're the root of the problem / current culture, it's really the "perceptually and artificially pent up supply" that the designers have created with "drops", "releases", "raffles" etc that has caused this shift in the culture.

Most if not all of my Fear of God pieces have been acquired via reseller, because well shit, when I tried to go to the store or online, its already sold out. I personally think it should be the responsibility of the designers like Lorenzo, to build in a process to help make the whole buying experience better and less geared for the resale market, but hey, that's the internet for you. There's obviously demand for his stuff, so why do they keep empowering all the people who don't particularly care for the brand, beyond making a quick buck? The power should be in the hands of the designers, not the scalpers / peddlers...

Yeezy is a different category imho, the retail prices of Fear of God stuff would classify it as a high-end luxury item, and yet people are still able to gouge us consumers for more because of the "hype", "supply & demand" whatever you want to call it.

It's a fucked up culture imho, but hey, my vanity has overruled my logic obviously.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2016
    4 people like this.
  20. barrettdudley

barrettdudley Senior member

Leather/suede paneled puffer jacket towards the end.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]