1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

They look old to me

1 person likes this.
  2. srizvi722

srizvi722 Senior member

Man. The oak pic made me stoked for mine. Too bad UPS rescheduled delivery for tmrw for some odd reason...

3. grantmason6882

grantmason6882 Senior member

Were last season's Boucle knit thinner than this years?

4. saxvan2015

saxvan2015 Active Member

Can anyone give some insights on the fit of JE denim for people that are not as lanky and lean as the model? Would like to get on them but worry that they will be too stacked at the bottom. For reference, I am 5' 10, 170 lbs, standard fit for me is 33/30. Thanks in advance!

5. reydogg23

reydogg23 Senior member

https://www.buckmason.com/singles/white-sand-long-sleeve-pima-traveler-hoodie

This might work for you. It looks like it's basically t-shirt weight. I don't have experience with this but have some of their Venice wash shirts which are nice.

1 person likes this.
  6. Mackp12

Mackp12 Senior member

damn of course the size i need (medium) in black is the only one sold out

7. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Senior member

1 person likes this.
  8. justjohn

justjohn Senior member

Best advice is to check the size chart on the site and measure your jeans to compare.
    I go a size down since JE jeans will stretch a bit

Dont think it will be too stacked at the bottom since you are 5'10

Hope that helps

9. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

Yes it was. This year is like a chunky sweater

10. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

Length doesn't change with waist size. Unless you wear your jeans low, you will be ok no matter what waist size you buy.

11. saxvan2015

saxvan2015 Active Member

Thanks for your input!

12. saxvan2015

saxvan2015 Active Member

That's the thing that worries me. because they have 34 inseam in all sizes, they could look super stacked at the bottom for me since i am not as tall. Just don't think they would look as good as on the model.

13. Mackp12

Mackp12 Senior member

14. trevorxflyint

trevorxflyint Senior member

You should be fine unless you have really short legs. I'm about 5'10 as well and I don't think the length is bad. You could always get them hemmed if they're too long honestly.

15. blue2007

blue2007 Senior member

Those of you that hemmed your JEs, did you do the original hem (Euro hem) or the regular?

16. GBlue

GBlue Senior member

[​IMG]

After buying Cast 2 Plumas, I'm thinking of getting the Cast 2 Scarabs to alternate with. Does the overall shade of grey on the scarabs and the one on a regular Dark Grey Villain Hoodie blend together as good as this photo?

I do not own the Mock Neck Hoodie (my wider seat messes up the intended layered look) so I'm not sure if the dark grey they used on there is the same as the villain's. [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 6, 2016
  17. keunho

keunho Well-Known Member

18. grantmason6882

grantmason6882 Senior member

Are last years boucle sweatpants slimmer than this years?

1 person likes this.
  19. ZanderRosen

ZanderRosen Senior member

Here are a few quick shots of the Sashiko. Wicked comfortable, clean black color like the Nero, just different details. Honestly kind of like them a bit more, especially for fall. I think it'd be overkill to wear them with a Rider, but think they will work well with the Oak Bogota.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7 people like this.
  20. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

will the sashiko stitching come off with time and wash? was that the intent? i wonder if like a few years from now, the jeans will just look like they have a square patch with no stitching on.

they look really good though in your pic. most of the pics ive seen from stores make them look washed out and almost faded gray. i like how dark jet black they look in your pic. maybe they arent releasing a clean black denim since they have this denim for the f/w season