1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Senior member

I'm same size as you, I'm medium in villain, but I do small for tees. I got a small and it fits well. Posted some pics with and without a kake on. You could prob do either size, but matters how you're going to wear it. If we just a tee then maybe do small, if you're going to layer id go medium

2. echau

echau Senior member

I recommend SLP D02 or D10 in black stretch. If you buy them overseas, they're about the same price or less than JE.

2 people like this.
  3. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

This is what I wear too

4. leit96

leit96 Senior member

Does anyone have fit pics with the SRD parachute jacket?

5. Mackp12

Mackp12 Senior member

thanks brotha, yeah it's a tough one... just gotta decide what i'm going to wear with it i suppose

6. ASpec818

ASpec818 Senior member

i have a pair of acne thins and they're definitely tighter in the seat and borderline nut crushers. Try them on first. Also checkout rag and bone fit 1's. The JE fit is the best.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2016
  7. peter1234930

peter1234930 Senior member

I'll probably hold out for JE denim then. I don't think I can go back to jeans with a tight seat or skin-tight thighs at this point [​IMG]

I recall people complaining about the new fit a few pages back, but I'm really liking it. I sized down one and I think the fit is perfect. Top block has just enough breathing room to let your junk breathe. My pair has stretched out a bit but I made my own strap belt (copied the SS17 show - I know, full Stan) and they stay up fine without billowing out or looking weird. The back rise is high enough to not slide down your ass when you're sitting. Thighs have a little room so your leg hair doesn't get ripped out, but the knee down is super tapered so they still have that skinny look. Great all around.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  8. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

im suer they will come out with a plain black nero or at least reissue the raw stretch eventually if you can hold out

9. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Some comparison shots. The body on the years is more tapered which I prefer.

1 person likes this.
  10. trevorxflyint

trevorxflyint Senior member

Luckily (only for this purpose) Louisiana only gets about 1 month of cold weather a year, if that. The rest of the year is essentially summer lol

11. Sotiros

Sotiros Active Member

Daaaang! That Bogata fits right in. Do you mind if I ask what your height and weight is? The Bogata fits you perfectly in your photos.

12. gerg99

gerg99 Senior member

Yeah I actually think most ppl are happy with the new fit? Correct me if i'm wrong though. I know a lot of dudes, including me, would have to get a taper from the knee for their JE denim, but with the new fw16 cut it's not really necessary anymore.

Totally agree that the JE denim fit off the rack is one of the best in the market right now

13. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

I'm 5-7 and now down to 125.

14. barrettdudley

barrettdudley Senior member

Do you hem your SLP and JE denim?

15. leFLOPjames

leFLOPjames Senior member

16. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

No. I got longer legs so they work for me as is. Only hem if I don't want stacks.

17. keunho

keunho Well-Known Member

Bomber lookin good leflop

1 person likes this.
  18. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

Looks good. True to size is the way to go on these imo.

19. gerg99

gerg99 Senior member

Yeah fit looks perfect with just a tee, but just a bit snug w the hoodie. I think I'd personally size up. Especially living in new york there are only so many days in the year you can get away with wearing only one layer. It's always either too damn hot or too damn cold in this place man

20. trevorxflyint

trevorxflyint Senior member

Is it just me or do the Neros on the site not look as tapered from the knee down as the other FW16 denim? Possibly old pics?