1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. jstrath406

jstrath406 Senior member

Mike, while you're here, are the Anti Expos ever going to restock or have they been discontinued?

2. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

size small always sells out first. please MAKE MORE SMALLS and mediums and less in XL and L

3. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

There will be more Anti-Expo's in the future, stay tuned...

4 people like this.
  4. CandH23

CandH23 Senior member

Is there an ETA on the riders?

5. peter1234930

peter1234930 Senior member

[​IMG]

6. leFLOPjames

leFLOPjames Senior member

I believe the iridescent bomber was made in USA but I could be wrong... will check when I get home. And I know I'm beating a dead horse but I wish they'd stop moving so much production to China. Although I will say that Chinese JE is usually better than other stuff from China. They do seem to have better than average QC in their Chinese facilities from my experience. However I am not sure their justification for making stuff in China for "their expertise in technical fabrics" still applies or if that is even accurate or simply a cop out. Seems to be more and more stuff made in China now.

But no matter what anyone says, the quality is not at the level of the American made products. And please for the love of Gawd do not reply to this post trying to disagree. It's my opinion. And my opinion would be that you're wrong. Capeesh.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2016
  7. beans718

beans718 Senior member

8. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Senior member

[​IMG]

Quick pic of the new boucle crew in grey, will take more later if people want.

It's far more slim than the previous iteration and not as long. Went tts, so got a size small. The knit it way more tightly woven than the old. The new collar is nice. Sleeve cuffs are still loose.
    Edit: if anything I'd say go up a size in this one if you want that oversized look

9. randomkoreandude

@leFLOPjames if moving to china lowered the pricing and kept at same level of quality that would be one thing. its a completely different animal when you move overseas and all products are increasing in price

I honestly dont care where its made as long as quality is fine and pricing is reasonable

@beans718 the mods want trades/sales/offers all to be in the Buy & Sell part of the forum, not in the brand discussion forum. has nothing to do with making a profit. has to do with the rules. there is also a facebook thread where you can trade/sell

10. randomkoreandude

is that grey or black?

worth kopping?

11. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

We're excited to launch live chat Starting at 2pm our co-founders John and Aaron will answer any question you have. http://goo.gl/HwXlby

12. Mikeisonfire

Mikeisonfire Senior member

This live chat is a cool idea, but I'm sure John and Aaron are getting swamped. Wondering how long I'll actually have to chat with the guys.

13. ZanderRosen

ZanderRosen Senior member

You're still going to get timed out for this post...

14. hyyvii

hyyvii Senior member

Nero Restock this Thursday.

Classic Curve coming in December.

3 people like this.
  15. Mikeisonfire

Mikeisonfire Senior member

In response to the whole Made in China thing:

That's a great question, I'm glad you asked.

There's three reasons we produce stuff in China. 1. On certain technical pieces, it's hard to source factories in the US that can produce these products at a high level. 2. We are highly critical and selective in sourcing our manufacturing partners. When we choose to produce in China its because they have the technical expertise to produce those garments at a high quality. 3. From the beginning of this brand, we have wanted to give value for the price of our garments. For certain products, if we were to produce in the United States, the price would be extremely expensive and producing in China allows us to use fabrics from Italy and zippers from Switzerland with construction that will last.

1 person likes this.
  16. Bimmer93

Bimmer93 Senior member

There's three reasons we produce stuff in China. 1. On certain technical pieces, it's hard to source factories in the US that can produce these products at a high level. 2. We are highly critical and selective in sourcing our manufacturing partners. When we choose to produce in China its because they have the technical expertise to produce those garments at a high quality. 3. From the beginning of this brand, we have wanted to give value for the price of our garments. For certain products, if we were to produce in the United States, the price would be extremely expensive and producing in China allows us to use fabrics from Italy and zippers from Switzerland with construction that will last.

I might buy this answer for technical pieces, but I'm fairly certain that there is nothing technical about a Flannel shirt. I also highly doubt that the fabric is made anywhere too exotic - after all, it's just a cotton shirt sewn in China. Don't get me wrong, I like the Flannel but the rationale seems off.

And, I have to say, I'm tired of hearing about "zippers made in Switzerland" like it's some incredible differentiator and driver of cost and production locations. For Christ's sake, it's a damn Riri zipper that wholesales for under $5.

17. beans718

beans718 Senior member

Thanks for ensuring that happens

18. ZanderRosen

ZanderRosen Senior member

I'm not, I'm just giving you advice to edit your post(s). I've barely done anything and been timed out for a week. It's frustrating when you have no idea why.

1 person likes this.
  19. gerg99

gerg99 Senior member

Glad someone's askin the hard hitting questions we all wanted to hear the answer to!

20. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Senior member

How do you get this info?
    That's awesome! Thanks for the update too bad it's getting cold now