1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.
    @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests

Attached images are now Full Size by default

Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their signature files,

SSL certification is now in place so you can all browse securely.

The server has been reconfigured so that site speeds will improve.

Notice: Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Space

Space Active Member

And what size are the boucle?
    thanks

2. Yoshi

Yoshi Senior member

This is me and shoes, like every week.

3. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Senior member

Like?

4. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Senior member

I get the boucle crew on Wednesday, I'll let you know how it fits

5. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

I have small in everything just about. The fit differs as some stuff is more fitted. I haven't tried an xs hoodie but I'm sure I can fit it.

lol I'm not sure what I really want or need based on the show and look book so far. Might change If something interesting comes but we really only have a month or 2 left before the season is over. They do have those capsule pieces though.

I'm like that with shoes too lol. One week I'm done and the next I get rid of some things and add a few more.

I don't think there are many for this price point and quality. Plenty that cost more and plenty that are cheap. If you don't care about quality too much the alpha industries ones aren't too bad. I personally stick with je for the fit.

6. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

I'll get mine by then too. I got the xs. Hopefully I like the fit this time. I always have a hard time finding casual knits. Not really a sweater person

7. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

If you are looking for some suede lows, the common projects this season are really nice. The suede quality is top notch

8. jstrath406

jstrath406 Senior member

I want to grab the tan suede ones but my only issue is they're pretty much unwearable as soon as the snow hits in a month or two. For that reason I may stick with the Off White leather pair, they look really dope in photos.

9. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Senior member

Invest in some crep protect, it's amazing, stuff just slides off

10. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

I don't know much about snow as we don't get it but that's something you have to keep in mind. What do the off white ones look like ?

11. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

Is your bomber from saks? Saks with the slow shipping for me. Says I got a week to go still. Not that I'm in a hurry but kind of odd takes over a week

12. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Senior member

One thing I forgot to mention about the bomber, the collar isn't as big as previous iterations, surprised they made it smaller. The pics of it on Instagram show a much bigger collar

13. jstrath406

jstrath406 Senior member

These guys. I normally go with the classic white and still have a beater pair of those but kind of want to switch it up.[​IMG]

14. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Senior member

You could always get the Achilles gummy as well

15. jstrath406

jstrath406 Senior member

The Gummys look really sick, do you have a pair? Haven't seen them in person yet

16. youngwheezy

youngwheezy Active Member

How would you say it fits compared to other JE items, i.e. last year's iridescent bomber? Would you consider it to be "oversized"? Looks awesome!

17. leFLOPjames

leFLOPjames Senior member

Personally I would not buy that bomber especially when JE drops so much heat and lots of nice jackets every season, and there are better black bombers. I already have a bunch of JE bombers that are nicer than that. Project a j1 bomber w gathered sleeves is nicer and a good example. Cheaper as well but this one does fulfill a purpose in being simple. Not for me, those pockets are just stupid though too. Thx for the pics tho bra

Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
  18. jstrath406

jstrath406 Senior member

I have a plain black Journal Standard bomber that I got for around $200 that I'm very happy with, really nice zipper too. I don't doubt JE's is very nice but that pocket placement is bewildering to me.

On the other hand, just posted up my Odeons on Grailed in hopes to move to some darker denim for the fall. The Harlots really impressed me in person and I think I'm gonna have to grab both those and the Plumas if I can find em at a shop offering a little discount. Those two pairs plus my plain black Aces will probably be in heavy rotation all winter.

19. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

I agree the bomber is a bit plain and I personally was looking for that. The fit will decide for me if it's worth it or not. I don't really care too much about warmth as it's not that cold here. I don't own any nice coats for that reason. I think nsubrmnn can probably wear a medium too.

20. grantmason6882

grantmason6882 Senior member

Does the Bomber have riri zippers?